Beginners - September 2014 (Page 25)

problem with function

can someone please point me out why my second function keeps giving me a 0 when i try to use it? Thank you guys #include <iostream> #include <math.h> us...
[2 replies] Last: Nothing wrong with return types if he doed not need non-whole results.... (by MiiNiPaa)
Binary Search

I have a small problem with the binary search iterative, the algorithm is working good, but if i have more than one element with the same name, the program only...
[6 replies] Last: ok got it ._. thanks a lot, it was very helpful (by dualdark)
by sarim
access 2D array by using single loop

hello! how access a 2D array with just one loop like 1D array and by using pointers too. i read an article on link http://cplusplus.com/forum/articles/17108/ b...
[1 reply] : how access a 2D array with just one loop like 1D array Let's start ... (by Disch)
Can anyone help me fix this?

Hi there, I'm somewhat new to C++ and need a little help finishing this program.. So what it basically does is generate all possible combinations in a lottery s...
[1 reply] : Please do not crosspost. It clutters forum, spreads discussion on your... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Daumen
error LNK2005 & LNK1169 - Using external functions

***SOLVED*** The problem was that I added an additional .cpp to the Project, it was in the Source Files of MSVS (See red marking in the picture below). I did...
[3 replies] Last: but at one point it worked when I included it It worked when you h... (by AbstractionAnon)
min/max

I have a 2d Array (static matrix) and I'd like to calculate and subtract the row minimum from each row. I've trouble in calculate even the minimum. Could you ...
[2 replies] Last: You mean VS6, right? There isn't a VS2006, it's the version before VS... (by kbw)
by yepMe
Function pointer in singleton

Hi Tech Gurus, I am trying to understand singleton code. Below I have copied from net my doubt is in below code why do we need static Singleton *single; t...
[4 replies] Last: we can achieve singleton without that also No, you need line 7. ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Files Batch Conversion

I have a programm which converts binary files into ascii files. At the moment I am asking for the filename and this file will be converted. Now I have some ...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8725331/iterate-over-all-files-in-a... (by mutexe)
vector matrices or pointer to pointer matrices?

I wrote two header files to do linear algebra in a neural network. In the first one I used a pointer to pointer member and dynamically allocated it to store a...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys. (by closed account y0XSE3v7)
Explain the glitch

[sum=sum+j;] 1.semicolon shouldn't be put here but then if we put how do you explain the outcome? 2.Instead of [sum=sum+j, j++] we can also just put [sum += j...
[6 replies] Last: Please use code tags to highlight code. The differenence is that sum... (by dhayden)
by Ch1156
Class Questions

I am watching a tutorial on classes just to brush up on them and I have some questions on things that dont make sense. Here is my code: #include <iostream...
[7 replies] Last: This Enemy::Enemy( int initHealth, string initName ) { SetHealth(... (by keskiverto)
by csharp
help in writing comparison function

Hello I am writing a function its job as follow: It simply returns -1 if time0 is before time1, 0 if the times are equal, 1 if time0 is after time1. R...
[7 replies] Last: why you want to convert time0 and time1 To convert it to time repres... (by MiiNiPaa)
Uppercase the vowels

I have to take the input user string, and uppercase the vowels and display it back. EX: Enter your fullname: Barack Obama output: bArAck ObAmA ...
[3 replies] Last: When in doubt, check the reference: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Chance
Ideas for a project

So I am interested in starting a c++ project, primarily a console application, to help me further progress in my c++ fluency. I am currently enrolled in a c++ c...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you, I appreciate the advise very much. This should help me get ... (by Chance)
Computer Programming Project

Write your question here. Can anyone help evaluate any errors with the code I wrote? The program is suppose to calculate the user's money into the minimum num...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it! (by ivertony)
Comparing ASCII code

I have to write a program where I have to detect how many uppercase letters the inputted string contains. Normally I can do this by making a very large if st...
[6 replies] Last: Ah ok thanks! (by alex067)
How to calculate the time complexity of c++ code.

Can someone simply explain me? or give me some resource from where I can understand it easily? I am looking for the method of calculating time complexity of ...
[no replies]
by Chance
Need help with this function.

I am trying to make the double change; display what it is equal to in terms of change due in dollars, quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies. Here is an exam...
[11 replies] Last: It can still be slightly off since you are using doubles. 1 could be r... (by giblit)
Currency Converter

I have to write a program which has the user enter a start value, finish value, and jump value, ex) user inputs start: 10, finish: 100, jump: 10; outputs: ...
[2 replies] Last: Ah that was such a simple semantic error! Thank you! I got my code t... (by alex067)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 2324252627... 51
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.