Beginners - September 2014 (Page 24)

Command line arguements

I need to write a program that finds the sum, product, or mean of a set of numbers using the command line. I'm thinking this should work but now it says cout is...
[9 replies] Last: Try this: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/DEN36Up4/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Array Assignment Error

It appears that the 2D array is assigning two values at once, even though I only give it one value for the row and one for the column. I've programmed in Java b...
[1 reply] : Show how square array is declared and what value of side is. (by MiiNiPaa)
structure data type program that adds fractions

Can anyone help me with this function I made that adds 2 fractions utilizing the structure data type. I am using microsoft visual c++ 2010 express my questions ...
[8 replies] Last: You are still not understanding how functions work. Don't use the ph... (by nickcoder)
error

hello guys i have a problem, what does this error mean? http://www.freeuploadsite.com/do.php?img=53721 i dont know how to fix it
[8 replies] Last: @Ispil this is the whole code http://codeviewer.org/view/code:444b (by xenovia12)
Extraction dictionary Software database

Hi I have old dictionary software (English-arabic) and i want to ask if there is a way to extract the dictionary data to text or excel ? just tell me how ...
[no replies]
Input data into struct

why i can't enter data into struct? #include <iostream> #include <new> #include <cstdlib> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; struct DataStudent{ cha...
[3 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/a/21567292/3410396 (by MiiNiPaa)
C++ Project Structure question

I'm curious about how C++ developers like to lay out their projects. I'm speaking specifically about the directory layout on the file system. The best guidanc...
[4 replies] Last: I have never written a makefile in my life. I use CMake. As for movin... (by LB)
i need help with my code.

basically i have a file that contains a bunch of random romans and integers. the file will follow one of 2 formats. it will either look like this: I X 4 5 ...
[3 replies] Last: I may be wrong but that's what I think too. Combining getline() and ... (by soranz)
[Help] Loop statement

What does the underlined statement mean? #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main() { int x = 1; while (x <=10) { cout...
[1 reply] : So basically the code is first off initializing x = 1. So now variable... (by Chance)
Need help with sine waves

Here's the thing... I wanted to do a sine wave and i did it, however i want to put a * at each turning point.. i can't seem to find an equation for it with usin...
[11 replies] Last: @ dhayden Excellent move, actually should be 60 as keskiverto says. nu... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by Cadis
Help with switch statement

Hello, I am having trouble with a switch statement to check in an entered integer is a multiple of a number. I am just starting to learn C++ and any help would ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your reply and solution! I fixed it a little bit, but n... (by Cadis)
Generating a sequence

Hello, I'm trying to generate this sequence: 0, 1, 3, 6, 10, 10, 11, 13, 16, 16, 17, 19, 19.... I generated the first 5 numbers using the following code, ...
[1 reply] : Do you have any additional information about the origin of that sequen... (by LB)
finding a minimum in a file of integers

I'm working on an assignment for school and I'm a little stuck on something. Part of my assignment entails finding the minimum of a set of numbers in a file tha...
[2 replies] Last: This is my fault, but I forgot to add that I would appreciate it if co... (by Ike4948)
by nines
Explanation about variable

Hi, I would be very grateful if someone explains me what this variable means : Type* &Var I do know what is pointer and what is ampersand ( address operato...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks LB! (by nines)
[question]Command Prompt Windows 7

1.How can I delete all the files in a drive? 2.How can I delete all the files in a folder? 3.Whats the difference between a & b below: a. C:\new>rd hello.txt...
[no replies]
by BB2921
For Looping problems

For my program I have to ask how many programs the user has taken then ask the individual score and max possible score for that number of programs. So if the us...
[5 replies] Last: Okay thanks everyone, finally got it. (by BB2921)
by noob88
help with an error

Hi I am new to the c++ programming. I always get an error in line 18# that says : |18|error: expected primary-expression before 'int'| #include <iostream>...
[4 replies] Last: you have to pass in the values of x, y and sum when you call the func... (by jasonwynn10)
Help with this loop

I am trying to go above and beyond for this program by creating a loop with multiple exits. If the user enters Y ( loop is restarted ), if user enters N ( prog...
[1 reply] : <> code block! Use functions and loop them with a single while loop.... (by soranz)
Console RPG

Hello! I'm pretty new to C++ and I'm trying to create a text-based RPG. I want to create a player, item, and enemy class. Also how to make the map of the game i...
[8 replies] Last: Cnoeval: None taken, thanks for the advice. Abstraction: Once I under... (by dragonspiral11)
by jake35
unable to "declare" a value

I have no idea how to represent a letter "h" as variable such as "hourly_employee". #include<iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main( ) {...
[7 replies] Last: Lines 56-56 and 87-101 are very similar and you might consider moving ... (by AbstractionAnon)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 2223242526... 51
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.