Beginners - September 2014 (Page 17)

Array in a Constructor Help

Hello, I am looking help on building a constructor with an array as an argument. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <stdlib.h> usin...
[4 replies] Last: It depends whether you want to create the array dynamically or not. I... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
How to display first and last sentence in file

This program is suppose to do the following: - read a file using fstream - display each sentence on the screen - display the first and last sentence in the ...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/143081/ (by maeriden)
New to C++, having trouble with loops

Hi everyone, I am very new to programming, and I am feeling stumped over a lab that we did in class last week. Here is a description of the problem and the pseu...
[9 replies] Last: Hi, It is possible to keep track of the current maximum & minimum wit... (by TheIdeasMan)
Using an array in a calculation

Using an array in a calculation, accessing the array with variables then being able to use it for (r3+r4)/(r1+r2+r3+r4) this is not working code , I don't unde...
[4 replies] Last: You also need to initialize int i. This is a case where, if you don't,... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
uninitialized local variable

float celsiusDegrees; double fahrenheit = (9/5)* celsiusDegrees +32; i keep getting an error on this
[15 replies] Last: lmao ^, finally figured it out , it was actually something else i was ... (by LATCH100)
help with simple matrix program

my professor wants me to create a program where it calculates the inverse of 2 matrices. he already made a program to show us what it looks like but i have to m...
[2 replies] Last: I don't know what the 0.5 is, but the problem with the calculation is ... (by maeriden)
by Setzer
Reading the last sentence in a text file.

Hello, in our class we are learning about using <fstream> to read from a file, and then separate all of the sentences in it. We must then show the first and las...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you soooo much! That was exactly what it needed to be. I can't b... (by Setzer)
Need help with writing basic code to determine if input is a palindrom

So I am writing a basic code that asks the user for input and then determines if the input is a palindrome or not. So far I have the code below. I am trying to ...
[4 replies] Last: Consider this #include <cstring> #include <iostream> int main() { ... (by maeriden)
Xcode Input file

I am struggling to get an input file to work. I am very new to programming. I am using Xcode 5.1.1 and trying to use text editor for my input file. As best a...
[1 reply] : you have fin,close() instead of fin.close(). I don't know if that was ... (by jackelinblack)
Cant call function

Hello, why doesnt my printfunction call execute? #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> using namespace std; class Quizdata { pri...
[1 reply] : Compile error. main.cpp: In function 'int main()': main.cpp:78: error... (by denormal)
Compiler errors

I cannot see why this will not compile. I got 24 errors. // The program will read two integers form the user's input and compare those // // two integers...
[3 replies] Last: No problem! I understand completely how hard it is to see one little ... (by indy191919)
by Putler
Compound assignment

When we use the compound assignment, the left-hand operand is evaluated only once. If we use an ordinary assignment, that operand is evaluated twice: once in t...
[7 replies] Last: > Why is e1 evaluated only once in the compound assignment > but in o... (by JLBorges)
Can't brace initialize struct even with -std=c++11 enabled in CB

Hey guys, sorry if this is a simple fix. Tried doing some searching but everything I've seen on my error just says to enable -std=c++ on the GNU compiler but I ...
[1 reply] : > shouldn't the remaining data members of the struct not explicitly in... (by JLBorges)
by NOD32
I need help initializing/calling with functions

I didn't finish my lab for my class and couldn't get a chance to ask my professor for some help. My book only has pseudocode and not c++ examples. I think I was...
[4 replies] Last: this is still frustrating me. why isn't TotalSales being affected? ... (by NOD32)
regarding static variables

hi all, lets take a code class A { static int i; func() { i++; } } i have studied that to think about problems due to multithreadin...
[2 replies] Last: The point of a static variable is that it retains its value when it go... (by novellof)
Using Greek letters

What is the easiest way of use Greek letters as variables and display them using cout? Thank you.
[3 replies] Last: lel imma make a change to my code den (by novellof)
Strange array behviour

Hi, I am puzzled with the strange behavior of my code below. The code has an apparent error but the results are correct. I am trying to put two arrays (chara...
[1 reply] : In the second for loop n goes from 10 to 19 so chara is out of bounds... (by Peter87)
do while

Hi there! I tried to run this code into codeblocks but it tells me i have some errors. Can you please help me to fix it? thank you!! #include <iostream> usin...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(void) { int i=0,S... (by jasonwynn10)
I need help. I am still new

NuMetro has a special on movies for all members of the public but special discounts for students and pensioners. If pensioners or students buy a movie ticket t...
[1 reply] : Please note, that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homewo... (by AbstractionAnon)
Undefined reference when converting string to int.

Hello all I keep getting a undefined reference for my string_to_int function and I have gone through it multiple times and can't seem to spot the reason it is t...
[4 replies] Last: How would I link the two .cpp files? That depends on what compile... (by AbstractionAnon)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 1516171819... 51
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.