Beginners - September 2014 (Page 15)

My "perimeter and surface area" isn't getting correct values in for loop

Write your question here. #include<iostream> #include<iomanip> #include<cmath> using namespace std; int main() { double depth = 5; ...
[1 reply] : It is only using the equation for the first "go through", and then usi... (by jon smith)
error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)

I'm using visual studio 2013 win32 console c++ error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?) #include <stdlib.h> #include <iostream>...
[2 replies] Last: There shouldn't be a semicolon for int main Please use code tags - ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Function problem

here's the whole program #include <iostream> #include <math.h> using namespace std; double hatSize(int weight,int height); double waistSize(int age,...
[3 replies] Last: Too easy :-) The modulo is a bit tougher because it means you can onl... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
operator question?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to understand a bit of Boggle code that I'm reading... std::vector< std::string > results; s_Boggle.Solve( "pesa", results ); void...
[1 reply] : &a_Results is the address of the vector being passed to the Solve func... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Linked list

So I'm having a little trouble with trying to make a swap function that can deal with all of the possible circumstances in a doubly linked list (=head&&=tail, =...
[2 replies] Last: I don't even know what to say. It never occurred to me to even think a... (by bowlbase)
String array, help!

For some reason when I try to output the string array, it says that << does not match the operand #include <ctime> #include <array> #include <iostream>...
[1 reply] : The << doesn't know what a string is because you didn't include the st... (by Yanson)
Issue with "illegal else without matching if"

Hi. I am doing this assignment for my computer science class and I can't figure out what the problem is. It is giving me "error C2181: illegal else without matc...
[1 reply] : Actually rewrote and simplified it to this and it runs fine now. Howev... (by Mroonie)
by bender
C++ Days of the week

I need to write a program that deals with applying a certain discount only on Mondays and Tuesdays. How do i let the user type in a day of the week then apply a...
[3 replies] Last: Here is my sexy little program.. Im sure you can modify it to use with... (by novellof)
C - What is wrong with my logic?

I am supposed to write a program that outputs Pythagorean Triples up to a specific range entered by the use. The problem with my code is that it is not complete...
[2 replies] Last: Oh I had no idea that pow returns double. Thank you very much!! And ye... (by sakonpure6)
Good Books to Read on Programming?

Hello. I've been coding in Python and I found Python a bit too easy. So I moved on to C++, but before I dive into coding and typing my fingers off, I wanted to...
[1 reply] : C++ Plus Data Structures by Nell Dale 3rd edition. You can find it on... (by DeathLeap)
very beginner:only take int values from cin

Hi this is my first question and am an absolute beginner i wanted to display a message if input is not int value.i am making a text guessing game but it worked...
[1 reply] : You are trying to compare a character (Not_Input) to an integer (Input... (by JayhawkZombie)
Help with while loops skipping cin input.

So I am working on a little project to help me strengthen my coding skills and I am having some issues with while loops. Whenever my program gets to this snippe...
[2 replies] Last: I'm a little confused with how to do this. I added the rest of my cod... (by KingSecrets)
by Meh
little help / point in the right direction

Hello guys! i'm new to the forum and the language itself, I want to work on a project but I'm not exactly sure on where to start. I wanted to make a program ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very much for the assistance, I will be sure to check them o... (by Meh)
How to fix error

So I am working on an assignment and it works for the most part but at the end I get an error message that says Heap corruption detected after normal block (#13...
[5 replies] Last: Ok. I got it now. Thank you so much for the help I understand what I d... (by Boomers)
basic code error

I am writing a C++ code for a class that has to convert yards and feet to inches and add up all the values to get the total number of inches. When I try to run ...
[2 replies] Last: I have very recently started coding and am still trying to learn. Than... (by closed account Diz60pDG)
DIAMOND OF ASTERISKS

I am in my 1st month of coding. I know the very basic things about it. This code is way out of my league... I have to write a code for a diamond of asterisks. ...
[2 replies] Last: Think about how you would do it on paper. Reverse engineer the process... (by SamuelAdams)
by iluv41
operator overloading

neverming
[1 reply] : http://cpptruths.blogspot.fi/2006/02/why-overloaded-operator-signature... (by keskiverto)
Need Help Shortening Program and Few Other Things

So I will admit i am asking for help on a homework assignment. I have searched many other help forums and online articles, however I still cannot seem to figure...
[3 replies] Last: What do you mean by total ? Is it how much the user need to pay for al... (by LendraDwi)
by Kairen
Need to use cin.ignore(); twice for some reason...

So, for those who don't know, you can use cin.ignore(); at the end of the program in order to create a "Press Enter to end program." But for some reason, on my ...
[5 replies] Last: Hm... Okay, thanks for the feedback! @maeriden: I just thought using ... (by Kairen)
by T4l0n
binary search tree with void

I can't manage to make this work with a void in line 20, i can with a return struct function, but with this as soon as i call data at line 39 the program crashe...
[1 reply] : Line 23 is only changing the local copy of the pointer address, and si... (by Ganado)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 1314151617... 51
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.