Beginners - September 2014 (Page 14)

SFML tic-tac-toe

I am completley new to SFML, and I need guidance. And I think the best way to learn is by practicing. I have wrote a tic-tac-toe using only c++, but now I ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your answer. I got SFML installed. Like I said I want ... (by Victor89)
Vectors in a teachers code

So my teacher gave me this code to study over the week and im going to have a test. He's not the most helpful and I can't get it to compile. I have an error imm...
[4 replies] Last: A flag is not going to help you with VS2010. The initialization s... (by AbstractionAnon)
Quick help, Please.

Hi, I'm new to C++ and I can't see whats wrong with this High Low Program. If you have any bits that work faster and make less lag feel free to comment. But my ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks! Super helpful. (by Duckface)
[Help] For - Loop

Can I use char (character) in for loop statement? How? Can you give me an example?
[3 replies] Last: why not use conversions? like static_cast<type>(); (by xenovia12)
by davez
Removing highest and lowest

i have written a program that accepts 8 numbers inputted by the user and it determines the highest and lowest value what i need to do next is to display the inp...
[4 replies] Last: thanks for the feedback's i was already to finish it :D (by davez)
function and operator overloading

i'm fairly new to c++ and i was curious; why have function and operator overloading. i'm finding lots of things about the mechanics and syntax of it all but no...
[2 replies] Last: Overloading is for functions; not for variables. C does not have over... (by keskiverto)
by gingy
Objects for Classes Not Recognized As A "Type"

I'm running into a fairly annoying and somewhat inconsistent(at least as far as I know) bug involving a program where I have to declare an object for one class ...
[4 replies] Last: Pointers. (by S G H)
Unexpected errors in base, calling program, struct,

Write your question here. 1. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <math.h> int main ( int argc, char* argv ) { float a,b,c; if(a...
[2 replies] Last: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <math.h> int main ( ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
string basic

Hi everyone I am new to c++ so I am having a problem with my string question. i have to determine if the string is Palindrome.Palindrome is a word, phrase, or ...
[4 replies] Last: thank you demonwolf (by ssandha)
Output Memory Address As Binary?

#include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { int x = 5; cout << &x << endl; // output bi...
[9 replies] Last: I see, thanks! (by troll warlord)
Loop structure enum?

I have to hand write a program using a loop structure (using enum type) What is enum type? What does that mean?
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/other_data_types/#enumerated_typ... (by Peter87)
Are 'if' statements the backbone of all games?

This is a non-code question but I still feel that it is a beginner question and worth asking/answering. Are if/switch statements the backbone of games writte...
[10 replies] Last: Yes normally 'if' is heavily used. But there're some special cases. If... (by liuyang)
Pointer function (1,2)

void getName(char *name), void setName(char *name)--The getName() function shall be defined as a pointer function. A call to this function will copy the member ...
[20 replies] Last: You have clearly ignored the information that I have mentioned to you.... (by keskiverto)
How do you fix having a black screen output to having a white one

After entering the code and starting the program the output has a black screen with white words but how do i make it become a white screen with black words ? I ...
[6 replies] Last: Nevermind I changed it now, thanks for ya'lls helps! (by leashbomb69)
C++ How to get 2D array/vectors stored

Well I am trying to develop a simple text game, and I am trying to figure out how to get the text file into 2D vectors or arrays. [Textfile.txt] Username ...
[2 replies] Last: Here is my respiratory which includes all my source code, it is a mess... (by chan 06)
Is while (1); a good way to keep a program up?

At the end of my code, I often put this to keep the program from closing: while (1); I use Microsoft VS and I prefer to close the program by clickin...
[3 replies] Last: > Are there any disadvantages or advantages to this over cin.get and c... (by JLBorges)
find the sum of (1+2+...n)^2

I am trying to figure out what went wrong in my formula for sum2. It should be equal to sum1, which is equal to 784. The formula for sum2 = (1 + 2 + … + n...
[3 replies] Last: (N(N + 1) / 2) 2 Look up Gauss and arithmetic series (by Smac89)
What is wrong with my program?

My program is running fine until the very end where I need the time. My professor wants the time to be in hours and minutes (ex: 4 hours and 15 minutes). When m...
[6 replies] Last: It worked! Thank You!! (by houchinj)
Code for an averaging program

So I am trying to write code for a program that is supposed to average up a data set that is given. The user input should be the size of the data set then the a...
[2 replies] Last: How about this ? int size; bool quit=false; while(!quit){ cout <<... (by LendraDwi)
please help me understand

so i have to write a program that will do either a bubble sort or a selection sort on a previous program that contained a file that roman numerals and their int...
[7 replies] Last: Check the file and make sure you haven't got a blank line at the end. ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 1213141516... 51
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.