Beginners - October 2016 (Page 46)

a

addd
[2 replies] Last: make sure to put your program in code.... and i don't get the question... (by rezy3312)
Help calculating max amt of times a number appears in an array

Hi! So I'm a little lost right now, and am wondering if anyone had any tips for my homework. So what I need to do is print out the number that appears most in ...
[10 replies] Last: Using a std::map or std::unordered_map is a way to keep track of the o... (by closed account LA48b7Xj)
by Kbott
String array selection sort

So I am writing a program that will sort a string array alphabetically. I have the selection sort done. Where I am hitting a brick wall is how to sort it alpha...
[no replies]
Unable to match function for call using struct and enum

I have a notepad that consist of two data which is the title and the name. I've declared the title using an enum. The enum contain this variables. ...
[no replies]
Exception when printing out values of pointers

Hey, I wrote this function that finds all the repeated values in an array and returns an array of all the pointers of these values. For some reason this functio...
[3 replies] Last: #include <algorithm> #include <iostream> #include <vector> std::vect... (by cire)
Add items to linked list: I'm lost in parameter passing

I used to do this years ago in good ol' Pascal but now I can't seem to be able to reproduce the same algorithm in C++. Actually, my function does what I want bu...
[1 reply] : I just realized all I was missing was a pointer parameter by reference... (by anarelle)
Pointers assignment

I need some help to understand pointers. Our teacher has given us an assignment which just doesn't make sense to me. The task is: First make a variable 'nu...
[4 replies] Last: Hello Anonymousandro, As I interpret the last instruction Lastly 'p'... (by Handy Andy)
by curfew
GPA/Scholarship application help

Can anyone help me make this code in Visual Studio 2010? Here is the assignment: There are a maximum of 100 students who have applied for a study abroad scho...
[3 replies] Last: Create a student class and array of students. You could create a stati... (by switchy)
How to read string and ints from a file and access them?

Okay, I have a .csv file and have a bunch of code that is supposed to take the items and allow access to them when I need to. The problem is I get a build error...
[2 replies] Last: Hello jlmccart01, Do not start a second thread on the same question. ... (by Handy Andy)
help Fahrenheit to Celsius

Hello, I started to learn C++ in the last days with the info on this webiste, and for practicing I started to solve problems from codeabbey. I have a problem...
[10 replies] Last: I didnt know that cmd, but yea it's better way. (by david lev)
Adding the Decimal Place with setpercision

Hi Guys! I was finishing up my project, and I am trying to get the decimal point to show as a dollar amount, so two decimals. I used setpercision(2) because ...
[4 replies] Last: Hello LannaBanna, In addition to Peter87's answer the other alternati... (by Handy Andy)
Putting items in a file into an array

Question: Im not sure how to set the Int in the file to their respective variable and also how to set the same array to get N S E W and turn them into 1 & 0s ...
[1 reply] : Correct me if I'm wrong: The first line of an entry contains three int... (by keskiverto)
by Hengry
Testcase failing??

I'm stumped because my test code is failing even tho the comparison is the same. It uses my UniqueVector.cpp as an underlying data structure in my Classroom.cp...
[7 replies] Last: I figured it out. for my code studentName += classRoster.at(index,s... (by Hengry)
C++ homework

I'm working on my programming homework and it has to read names froma file and put them in order. I have been avoiding this as I would rather figure it out myse...
[1 reply] : First, please post code with code tags. See: http://www.cplusplus.com/... (by keskiverto)
Adding strings to a struct (Help)

I'm really new to C++ so I'm sorry in advance. So I think there's something I'm not completely understanding. I'm trying to take in a sentence and add each word...
[1 reply] : I would look over this part of your code. for (int i = size + 1; i ... (by Izink)
Weird class/derived class error

Write your question here. #ifndef EMPLOYEE_H_INCLUDED #define EMPLOYEE_H_INCLUDED class Employee { public: Employee(); void setEmployee(string ...
[1 reply] : From what I can see you forgot to include string and that it's part of... (by Izink)
Extremely simple program not compiling

I get compiler errors about ambiguous overload for the following code and I'm not sure why. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(){ ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh my god, I need to go to sleep. Thanks. (by immortal192)
C++ Array practicing help.

Hello all. I just started Arrays in my course and im doing some self practice but I've run into a bump. I'm using this array to output the grade for individual ...
[2 replies] Last: TY. (by Charlesgb)
FILE IO RESOURCE

Hey guys im looking to add a .txt file as a resource and access it this is what i have so have. in resource file, MYFILE TXT "loadfile.txt" in main.cpp i...
[2 replies] Last: ifstream qFile("MYFILE"); Should be : ifstream qFile("loadfile.tx... (by SakurasouBusters)
by ll1234
how to work out the leap year

Write your question here. cin a year,and judge if it is a leap year.
[1 reply] : int year; if(cin >> year && year % 4 == 0) cout << "It is a leap ye... (by SakurasouBusters)
October 2016 Pages: 1... 4445464748... 51
  Archived months: [sep2016] [nov2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.