Beginners - November 2017 (Page 22)

Checkers game review

Is there anything you all would improve on before I move forward with this? #include "stdafx.h" #include <array> #include <iostream> #include <string...
[2 replies] Last: I like it, I'll implement that. Thanks! (by Outlaw782)
Please review my code before I submit

Hey everyone, my professor has taken off points from my code in the past for things like not enough comments, or for choosing the wrong names for certain variab...
[5 replies] Last: Hey, everyone. Thanks so much for your help. @rabster, I've always r... (by djohnson994)
Decrypting a secret message

My assignment is: In this assignment, you’ll decrypt a secret message using a cipher. A “cipher” is a program that converts a message in normal text into...
[1 reply] : if (toDec.at(0) == cipherV.at(0)) when is this true? (by jonnin)
by ronnin
Finding Errors in Program Code

I am pretty new to C++ and need to figure out the issue(s) with these two segments of code: void funct( int *pt ) { . . . delete [ ] p...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, this is what coder777 was referring to. Dangling pointers a... (by AbstractionAnon)
Statistics Program

I have to create a code that uses functions and arrays to find mean and variance of N entered integers. My teacher has been gone for a while, so I'm quite lost ...
[3 replies] Last: Hello SoCalAsia, After my post I looked up and noticed the header fil... (by Handy Andy)
Help with my guessing programm

Hey guys, I tried to create a program which guesses the number of the user and by asking if the guessed number is below or above the users number the computer w...
[3 replies] Last: I find this works... int guess(int& var1, int& var2) { float result... (by Manga)
Numeric promotions - where/what exactly is the C++ theory?

Reading through a C++ course, I'm trying to figure out how numeric promotions work in an expressions containing numeric values (literals in this case). This is ...
[9 replies] Last: OK, then it's all clear. Thank you everybody for your replies ! (by cristian c)
bool operator<(parameter1, parameter2)

Hi, I do not know what is going on in the function bool operator<(WorkOrder a, WorkOrder b). Can anybody please clarify. Thanks! #include <iostream> #inclu...
[2 replies] Last: That makes sense. Thank you for the response! (by coder 203)
i

kpk
[1 reply] : Please note that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homewor... (by keskiverto)
by cash
Menu Program with functions

I have a program that displays a menu and the user can choose options. However, I need to change the if statements into functions. The functions should be named...
[1 reply] : Sounds like a good idea. Your if statements will be much more readable... (by Thomas1965)
function

2. Write a function that calculates and returns the level of alcohol concentration in the blood for a person who has been drinking (BAC). There are several ways...
[3 replies] Last: 2. Write a function that calculates and returns the level of alcohol... (by Enoizat)
OOP: How to add a method to an existing object?

How to add a method to an existing objects without modifying its parent class? Hi community lm doing a little project, so l'll explain a bit first then l'll as...
[9 replies] Last: Herb Sutter wrote about the interface of a class: http://www.gotw.ca... (by keskiverto)
by l2223
using a dynamic array instead of a static array.

A theater seating chart is implemented as a table of ticket prices.t is a program that asks users to pick either a seat or a price. When choosing seat, indicate...
[1 reply] : What about asking your question here? http://www.chegg.com/homework-he... (by Enoizat)
by kopev
best way to store linked data

hello guys, i would like to store custom data for my algorithm, I want to store linked data (equivalence) the structure in memory : char* <-----> unsigned cha...
[1 reply] : what the best way in c/c++ ?? I think i will go with struct in C yes ... (by Enoizat)
binary tree questiom

hi guys, my question relates to the main function why do I have to set passIn = to tree.addNode(passIn,1) for this code to work why can't I just say tr...
[2 replies] Last: his tree is made of nodes which contain ints. So it does hold values.... (by jonnin)
by june89
program that compares linear and binary searches

I am trying to change the code from searches that return an array position to searches that count the number of comparisons. What should I return from the linea...
[2 replies] Last: Please use code tags when posting code. See http://www.cplusplus.com/a... (by keskiverto)
problems with "else"

problem is that i cant get my "else" to work. i tryed it with only the if and got it kinda working. after you put your lenght in, it jumps to "what is your name...
[5 replies] Last: remove your while and it will work fine. (by vincentthorpe)
[Error] ld returned 1 exit status

Hi, guys! This is my first attempt using DevC++ at my computer. I`ve already looked in the forum for this error, but I was unnable to find a sollution. I`d l...
[2 replies] Last: I've just figured it out. The app was running so I oppened my "gerenci... (by marcioprogramming)
by Chaost
Initialization of elements in dynamic array

I'm not entirely sure this type of question should go in the beginner forum, but I'll try my luck here first. My question is; Is there any way to initialize ...
[2 replies] Last: These are all possible: char* symbLi = new char { '?', '!', '(', ')... (by JLBorges)
I need help with checking my code

this is a c programming code, just trying to do something with character strings. this code is supposed to accept a string, then show the string one word per l...
[1 reply] : You need to increment i. Also no need for the 2nd forward declare (voi... (by elohssa)
November 2017 Pages: 1... 2021222324... 33
  Archived months: [oct2017] [dec2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.