Beginners - November 2017 (Page 17)

Game similar to Plinko

This game works very similar to plinko. Except every time the ball/disk falls it picks up points. (meaning points are picked up along the path not just at the e...
[1 reply] : If you're getting crashes while working with vectors/arrays, then chan... (by Ganado)
by Joello
C++ homework question

So the first section of code is working you can ignore that. The problem im having is the second section where im trying to read the text file into my array of...
[1 reply] : Something like this - not tested. [code firstline=45] int i = ... (by Chervil)
C++

Write a program that asks users to type 10 integers and write the number of occurance of the biggest value
[2 replies] Last: Hello Bilal shah, Welcome to the forum. As you can see Your original... (by Handy Andy)
by Hanske
Running a loop for four times, with diffe

Hello, How can I run for loop for (int i=0; i<=n; i++) for four different values for n? I assume I have to have an additional for loop but how coul...
[4 replies] Last: Or perhaps: #include <iostream> int main() { for ( int n : {10, ... (by Chervil)
by Delcho
Struct output problem

Can someone tell me how to change the code so the input to be like that: ||nick || ||9 || ||man || ||6 || ||5 || ||4 ...
[2 replies] Last: Yes I know but I think that the people won't understand what I mean wi... (by Delcho)
What is difference between calling and returning a function.

what is difference between calling a function from Main function and returing value from different function to main function, you get it what l want to ask? ...
[2 replies] Last: calling a function from Main function Note: while main() is a bit sp... (by keskiverto)
by Rednib
undefined reference to ...

Hello Guys, i'm new to C/C++ (since today) but not new to programming in general (C#, lua, basic..). I'm mostly into game programming and wanted to teach my...
[6 replies] Last: Why does it have to be so complicated. Programming in C++ and C and ... (by Repeater)
something editor codeblock

need a master abour editor codeblock How can i turn this rectangle off https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AvGwfxbr0nylreHJ5nzVLok8gfwCOzBs
[2 replies] Last: no it's not... it is auto complete brace... and i just want to turn it... (by phongvants123)
displaying formatted data file

I had already marked my last post as solved, so I'm posting a new message although it's related to the last post. I now want to read my file and display to the...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks again Yolanda! That did it. (by Billyin4C)
Question about templates and function overloading

I have a function that I am passing a character to, however I want the function to return a an Integer. Should I do this through a template? Or if I overload ...
[3 replies] Last: Ok, I was under the impression that a function could only accept and ... (by mbozzi)
writing to a data file

I'm having some issues with my program and don't know where to look really. The user is supposed to enter 5 lines to make a limerick poem. When I check the fi...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks whitenite1! I do believe that easy fix signals bedtime. (by Billyin4C)
What is a Static Project and how can I run it

I'm using Dev C++. I needed to use a static library for the first time, not a console application. My file was made use a .cpp file. I'm unable to run the file....
[1 reply] : You have the library (.a file) Now you just need to link it inside ano... (by Ihatov)
Checkers Access Violation

Is there anything wrong with the below code? I am getting an access violation, and I think it has something to do with the last two lines of code. Basically I a...
[2 replies] Last: Solved, for anyone wondering, board need to be of not type char. ... (by Outlaw782)
by f2200j
printing prime numbers

so basically the program prints the prime numbers for integers from 1 to 100. there should be 10 numbers per line which is fine but when it reaches 113 it skips...
[3 replies] Last: that worked. thank you (by f2200j)
by Delcho
Problem with the output

Can someone tell me how to change the code so the input to be like that: ||nick || ||9 || ||man || ||6 || ||5 || ||4 ...
[5 replies] Last: You have: std::string name = "foo"; int val = 7; std::cout << std::ri... (by keskiverto)
password masking

Where am i wrong? #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> using namespace std; int main() { string pass; char ch; int pos=0;...
[7 replies] Last: syashsing234, are you running http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/... (by Ganado)
Simple String Class Segmentation Fault

I am doing a simple string class program using dynamic allocation and c-strings. I can get everything to compile, but I get a segmentation fault. the program ...
[2 replies] Last: Double post - http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/224928/ (by Thomas1965)
Function Trouble

I wrote a program that is suppose to get two integers between the parameters. The second number needs to be between the (first # +1) and 20. The problem is the ...
[2 replies] Last: Hello gtrruff, If you are finished put a green check mark on the subj... (by Handy Andy)
Stack ADT and linked list implementation.

#ifndef MYSTACK_H #define MYSTACK_H #include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> using namespace std; template <class Type> class MyStack { private: ...
[3 replies] Last: The problem is I am not allowed to change the skeleton of the header f... (by TheNewBoston)
by ebba
Arrays, homework problem

Hello! I'm a newbie, let me know if I post anything against etiquette. My program keeps crashing the console. Is there something wrong with arrays of strings...
[5 replies] Last: I agree with Chervil. Doing what you said does not compile on my machi... (by Manga)
November 2017 Pages: 1... 1516171819... 33
  Archived months: [oct2017] [dec2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.