Beginners - November 2014 (Page 7)

HELP START READING FROM DIFFERENT STRING IN FILE!

Right so I managed to read the first lines I neeeded but I need to create a new loop and start reading the file from about the 12th line how do i do this? keep ...
[1 reply] : I would suggest starting with a vector of a class/structure that holds... (by jlb)
by nasser
lvalue required as left operand of assignment

What is the wrong here I have made a class and when i call one of memebers in swich case give me this error lvalue required as left operand of assignment ...
[3 replies] Last: > You can't assign like this: > boarddetails.getcname()="Egypt"; you... (by ne555)
by Nanyo
mousemove

Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to simulate mouse move and mouse click using code::blocks as a platform and Windows 7 Thank you in advance! ...
[13 replies] Last: thank you! You are amazing!!!! :D (by Nanyo)
Locate substring question

Hi guys! I'm trying to write a little program that would do these tasks in order: Ex: ****************************************** Enter a word : alabama Ente...
[10 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! I'll study this code! Have a good day! (by swansonknope)
Library

what is an abstract library?
[2 replies] Last: Maybe the word your searching for is abstraction *layer? see http://e... (by rjvc)
Error in creating array of objects and passing objects.

I've written the following program but it show an error : 87|error: invalid use of ‘student_waiver::student_waiver’| Why the error? How to fix it? ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you Peter. But sorry to say that I am trying but its not happeni... (by abdalimran)
Class of int that goes from 0 to 6

Is it possible to create a class that contains an int that can only take values of [0,1,2,3,4,5,6]? I mean, like a class that automatically changes the value of...
[10 replies] Last: Sorry, just gave it a fast look and didnt notice you called the other ... (by S G H)
Array in a class

Hi! :) I'm learning to use classes in C++, but I just met an issue. So basically I tried to write a class named "Triangle" containing thingummies like area, cir...
[1 reply] : hiya, Defining a class inside main is very wrong. move lines 8 - 25 ... (by mutexe)
Finding square root without using sqrt funcion.

So, my professor wants us to find roots of a function without using any pre-made functions...I write my program till I need the square root...I know I should cr...
[2 replies] Last: Many methods on this page. Personally, think the easiest to implement ... (by shadowCODE)
by nz881
windows.h

Why is the windows.h header file used in c++?
[1 reply] : windows.h is a Windows-specific header file for the C/C++ programmin... (by shadowCODE)
by Metla
Time calculation program

I'm into video editing and since I'm interested in learning c++ I thought I could write something. So I produce videos and often I need music. So let's say ...
[2 replies] Last: I've been trying that before, but when I read your comment it just cli... (by Metla)
by nasser
Arrays in Classes

Hi I'm making a console Monopoly game in c++ and i want to declare an Array in the board class and use it in main this Array is to hold countries name how cou...
[1 reply] : What exactly do you want? You can call a member(your array for example... (by rjvc)
Array and Swap

Can someone help me to use swap in this code so i can swap data to data . if inputs is 1 2 3 4 5, then the output will be 2 3 4 5 1. help please #inclu...
[1 reply] : Answered here. Don't double post. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/begin... (by shadowCODE)
Read from text file and write to different file?

I dont know how to start this, but is there a way I can read from a text file and write into a different file using the text.open function? i dont know much and...
[4 replies] Last: okay will do, but still as it needs to read from an itienary file, do ... (by DriftKing13)
by wolfv
overload operator <<

In the first example, fstream works with operator << as expected. The second example is similar, but with the fstream in a wrapper. How to make it work with t...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you coder777! That worked beautifully. (by wolfv)
by zdzero
Calling a var args function from another var args function

First of all, I have no access to CRT functions. What I want is to have a nice little printf and sprintf implementation. I managed to do the printf with ...
[3 replies] Last: @dhayden: I think that will simplify things and also move all the impo... (by zdzero)
Variable Used Before Initialized, But...

OK, the problem is to write a program to create and populate an array with random numbers. Then, sort the numbers and output the array. The first half is done. ...
[11 replies] Last: I caught that one quick. I think it's time to put this one to bed. T... (by killingthemonkey)
Debug Assertion Failed

I have no idea what is wrong with my code. I have looked over it numerous times and i still don't know why i still have this problem. Expression: string subsc...
[2 replies] Last: THanks SOLVED THE PROBLEM ! (by google12)
For loop help!

I have to write just a simple for loop that counts down from 99 bottles of beer on the wall. I can complete the for loop easily when counting up, but when I try...
[4 replies] Last: I was editing my last reply in order to explain what you just asked me... (by disturbedfuel15)
by Paulol
Need help please

Resolved, thanks.
[1 reply] : void convert(double *); //prototype void convert(double *a) { ... (by shadowCODE)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 56789... 65
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.