Beginners - November 2014 (Page 6)

Question dealing with C++ Pointers and Address.

First, I want to thank you for looking at my post and making a comment. I'm trying to display the values in the array by changing the address in a pointer calle...
[1 reply] : Change the type of dispPt and rates to use double instead of int. (by Peter87)
Pair of Pairs?

is possible to make pairs out of pairs?
[1 reply] : Yes, you can have pairs of any type. (by Peter87)
Setting up QT

Hi! I'm trying to migrate from strictly console applications to GUI applications using C++, and I was told to use QT. I downloaded it, and am trying to run the ...
[2 replies] Last: Bump! (by closed account 3R5fjE8b)
Need serious help, I am a beginner guys.

I cant figure out whats wrong, Im a beginner so i dont know many things on c++. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <sstream> using namespace...
[4 replies] Last: Nevermind what I repplied earlier. I found a fix. (by TermiPrograms)
problem with checking fields in a board

Hi, I've already written here about my 6x6 board. I have a code like this: #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <windows...
[1 reply] : if(table ==' ')cout<<"field full"; Use for loop andd modulo operat... (by LendraDwi)
C++ program, Please help.

Hey, i am new to c++ programming and dont know much but I have this question i need to solve and i have done it but it i don't think it's correct. Can you help ...
[9 replies] Last: Then I suggest you check with quite a few more. Verify the computer re... (by jlb)
Using Binary Search function

I am trying to use a binary search to find the number 123 in an array of 100 random numbers. It should print whether it has found the digits or not. I also need...
[no replies]
I have a question about recursive functions

When a recursive function is called, I know the function will keep calling itself until a certain condition has been meet. But there's something that i don't un...
[3 replies] Last: Something like that. As far as the function call goes, line 20 behaves... (by Ikaron)
reading csv file with fscanf

Hi, I have a csv file containing numbers like 0.2, 11.2, 2.3, 3.01, .... 12.1, 10.5, 12.3, ... 7.2, 56.1, ....... I'd like to put these numbers...
[no replies]
Subfuction to read a csv file into 2d double array

I am so lost. I've finished the other 90% of my assignment, but I am stuck. I have a csv file and I have to use it to fill a double 2d array. I know that I fir...
[no replies]
Help with String Problem

Homework assignment and I'm at my wits' end with this. I'm new to C++ and need a little help. I'm looking at creating a string, counting number of times a speci...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you for the help! Yeah, I was stuck on the division as I was try... (by sfguy43)
An action rpg made from scratch?

Write your question here. Hello everyone. I've always wanted to make a side-scrolling action rpg with a realtime battle system , and I'm willing to make it ...
[1 reply] : You'll have to dedicate at least 6 months of C++ everyday to be able t... (by Avilius)
Programming Assignment Question [Selection Sorts using Random Numbers]

I am pretty new to programming, and I am having some minor issues with an assignment. I used my assigned book pretty heavily to write the function used for sele...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you so much. That worked perfectly. (by shadowsxfall)
Array

i was try to make some c++ program using array 1 dimention but i really confused. i'd try to make some program who input 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 but in the last, the o...
[15 replies] Last: thankyouu (by feehily)
Help with Pointers and functions

So I am dealing with the following errors. ************* 1) Expected constant expression 2)'cont' : unknown size 3) '=': cannot convert from double *' to '...
[1 reply] : You need to find and consistently use an indentation style, your code ... (by jlb)
Cannot find or open the PDB file?

After I try to run this code it gives me these lines on the output and I don't know what I should do to fix it. I made sure there was a .txt file so the program...
[3 replies] Last: You need to tell your IDE to leave window open after exeution: http://... (by MiiNiPaa)
IP address in a variable

I'm new to C++ I want to know how i can use cin command to input a ip in a variable, i tried it a few time but didn't manage to do it, i made a little resear...
[4 replies] Last: std::uint32_t is guaranteed to be the correct size to hold an IPv4 a... (by LB)
Trying to "print" out a two-dimentional for loop

What is wrong with my code? It doesn't output anything to the console. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; const in...
[4 replies] Last: fixed it using this: for (int i = 0; i < r; i++){ cout << en... (by jackelinblack)
Reset 2D Array

So I need to reset an array so that all its elements end up with the int 0. However my reset_board() seems to crash the program. What am I doing wrong? ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks. (by Extreme112)
Problem with creating my first vector

Hello everybody, I'm studying the C++ programming language and I'm having some problem with my first vector. If i follow the example in the book (programming pr...
[1 reply] : What exact version of Visual Studio do you have? IIRC it was a known b... (by MiiNiPaa)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 45678... 65
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.