Beginners - May 2012 (Page 46)

convering string toupper case ..

Hello All , How could we convert 'string' type to its upper case ? In normal , we know the 'char' could be converted easily . But what is about the string ...
[6 replies] Last: @vlad, for this code std::transform( s.begin(), s.end(), s.begin(), ... (by AlexK)
How do I sort data structures by a field?

I'm writing a program that would allow the user to enter information for a database of 20 employees, and then sort the information by last name. Unfortunately, ...
[1 reply] : You can use the STL sort algorithm: http://cplusplus.com/reference/al... (by Stewbond)
Mouse Click Region

Hi guys, I'm trying to create a UI which has a lot of buttons e.g. a keyboard. Is there a clever way of creating mouse click regions without a tonne of if loops...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, very helpful, I'm looking into containers, looks promising. (by AtomicSheep)
Installing Eclipse CDT

I just installed Eclipse, but the compiler doesn't seem to work. I tried installing both Cygwin and MinGW. Both fail to compile. I have a Windows 7 64-bit. Is i...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your time. Yes, both Cygwin and MinGW are in the system ... (by FrankSquirel)
by crispy
Encoding a text document

Hello everyone, My name is Chris and I'm having a little trouble on my encoding assignment. The help you guys provided made me able to finish my last project...
[1 reply] : It might be Caesar cipher: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_cipher (by coder777)
Classes and arrays

Can someone help me write this code? This is my header file: class Scheduler { public: Scheduler(); // Default Constructor Schedul...
[3 replies] Last: Well, that would almost work. size = size sets the value of the para... (by JMJAtlanta)
by harel
H-E-L-P!!!question about "list" )-:

Attached is the code I wrote, I used the library <list>. I have got "red line" (error) under "print" function in the " main_01_05.cpp " file. And I have ...
[9 replies] Last: If you don't want to define milga() in Stu make it pure virtual as wel... (by Peter87)
Unwanted Loop

I go It thanks.
[5 replies] Last: yes (by even821)
by woogi
Code::Blocks and wxSmith

I just installed Code::Blocks and wxSmith plug-in. I simply added a couple of buttons to a form and tried to run it. I got the following error: fatal error: ...
[no replies]
by atjm88
~Image??

Image(){ }; ~Image(){ }; Image(string, bool, float); Hi, can I know what's above line means? And what is ti for? Thanks :)
[8 replies] Last: Yes, if you want to make reassignments and not only want to have a sim... (by dadabe)
by riha20
i need help quickly...about if statements

i need to write program which,at the beginning program generates radom number in the range specified by the user(ask the user for the smallest and the b...
[3 replies] Last: thanks a lot .... it ll help me much :) (by riha20)
Help Please

Hi all. I'm supposed to write a program that reads info (name, gender, school, and test scores) from a file and outputs the average test scores of different ...
[no replies]
the need of pointers for dynamic memory allocation?

I recently learned about pointers and during that whole time I had the question "Why are they necessary? (ever)" I learned you need them to dynamically allocate...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys. @JLBorges Thanks for breaking down the idea of a simple ... (by science man)
Pointers question

Im studying for my final and I was given this, the answer is , 15 15: int *p1, *p2; // what is it pointing to p1 = new int; //what does new int do p2 = new in...
[3 replies] Last: Wow thank you guys sooo much. Especially for being as descriptive as p... (by JCharles)
Misunderstanding with pointer program

I am looking over this program and the output is, 15 15 , but i dont know why? Could someone please explain this to me? : #include <iostream> #include <cmath...
[2 replies] Last: Well im studying for my final and the only part given was this: int ... (by JCharles)
How to search an array using a Sequential Search?

Can someone post a simple example of a Sequential Search searching an array? I'm trying to use this: int SequentialSearch(const vector<int> &radicalone, ...
[2 replies] Last: I ended up using count. I didn't know about it before. Thanks. BTW: T... (by Gregory Sakas)
typedef with template functionality

I don't know if this exactly belongs on the Beginner's forum, but with respect to templates and the details of typedef I would certainly be regarded as a beginn...
[3 replies] Last: Gotta love C++11. I tried out the first method, and it's a bit messier... (by blindedhunter)
Using atof to convert from string to double

I am trying to use atof to convert from a string to a double. I get this error message: 3 IntelliSense: no suitable conversion function from "std::string" to ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by jdwdrums)
How to store something in an array instead of displaying it?

I found this code from a post made a while ago: void Factorize(unsigned u) { for(unsigned i(2);i<=u;i++) //(1) { if(u%i == 0) {...
[6 replies] Last: Yes. (by Damadger)
Derived class

Hi, I am trying to access private level members with a Derived class but keep getting: Error1 cannot access private member declared in class 'TimeType'. Here i...
[4 replies] Last: well try to implement the constructor in class TimeType, and the set... (by Damadger)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 4445464748... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.