Beginners - May 2012 (Page 38)

by ozone
THE FOR LOOPS

#include "StdAfx.h" #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int user; do{ cout << "Please enter any number other than 5:...
[5 replies] Last: @lowest tone like i said am still a newbie so please do put me through... (by ozone)
Class

How do i do this- create two derived classes that will inherit data from your base class? Base class underneath. #include <iostream> #include <iomanip...
[1 reply] : http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/inheritance/#inheritance (by Zhuge)
Array Is Writing Where I Don't Want It To

I have an array that is being populated by this text file: B,Ben S,Sean A,Aaron D,Dustin The "snippet" of code that is populating my array is here: void F...
[8 replies] Last: Makes sense. I'm actually recalling the class I took a few years back... (by Sean Morrow)
Problem with OOP - 2 class + array objects

Hello, I need to write a "simple program" but this is little challenge for me :/. So here it is: Your task is to write a program used to generate a monthl...
[no replies]
by kborg
Learning stump with FOR / IF loops

I'm experimenting while learning about these loops, and when i nest them i can get results, but not intended results where i want them. The intended output w...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for turning on the lightbulb in my head. *Laughs at own stup... (by kborg)
by ozone
C++ with networking

HI, i am a newbie in c++ but i just wanna ask something before i proceed. it been bothering ma mind all this days. so my question is "is there any combination o...
[2 replies] Last: @theDestroyer i am practically a hardware and networking admin. i do i... (by ozone)
by kk12
palindrome ??

palindrome ?? Hi guys. so I have been trying to solve this problem and I wrote a bit of which I think its part of the solution. so I would apreciate a help fro...
[5 replies] Last: #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <ctype.h> #define SIZE... (by kk12)
test question I was given (I wanna know the answer and am not sure I was right)

Hey guys, my professor had a question on my test that basically tested my understand of pointers. (I won't write the program in its entirety just the main piece...
[10 replies] Last: [quote=cire] No. No. *p means the value pointed at by p. *q mea... (by science man)
name and pass check

Hi :) I'm very new at this and I guess I put quite difficult task to do but whatever :P I'm trying to create a login check for my programe. When you create ...
[2 replies] Last: WOW thanks :))) working sweet :) (by justinko)
Bitmaps not drawing in win32

I have been trying to create a win32 program from a book, except using my own code with the book's concepts as opposed to just copying the program. I've run int...
[no replies]
C++ Project Help

Hi guys,any C++ project I can do which consists all of these topics? i. Function (pass by value & pass by reference) ii. Selection (if, if-else, if-else-if, s...
[3 replies] Last: i would suggest a game of hangman although i do not know if you will n... (by rro0035)
I need help getting a function to return a string

Is it possible for a function outside of int main() to return a string? string RandomColorGenerator(int randnum, vector<int> &randcolorvect) { string myrand...
[5 replies] Last: I never really got switches, but if randnum = 5, "pink" would be retur... (by Gregory Sakas)
template class in a STL.

Hello. I have a class with a template member: template<typename T> class TalkFirmware { public: funcs_talkToHardware(); funcs_convert_Hardware_Byt...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=DummyVar] "Now, I want to put all types into a single vector." ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by Joking
Unhandled exception (arrays, constructor)

I get an error when running my program: "Unhandled exception at 0x00d62f3b in test.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xcdcdcded." --- In...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a million cire! Now it works... I failed to realise that since... (by Joking)
by frike
getchar() in program from lecture

Hello everyone, I've recently started with a c++ course in uni. We've got the following program: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () {...
[3 replies] Last: the missing #include <stdio.h> was probably just a mistake? Or is it... (by Cubbi)
Can't successfully pass an char * from a function

Hi, For an exercise I'm trying to pass a char * from a function. Somehow it's not giving the address though. What am I doing wrong? code: char* takemychar(...
[6 replies] Last: I see, that makes a lot of sense. So the code was working fine after a... (by Prestissimo)
by Sxc
Counting characters in a program C++ NEED ASSISTANCE

I am wondering what syntax to use in order to count how many characters there are in my .txt file. In my .txt file is the alphabet (ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ),...
[6 replies] Last: It's really sufficient to just call isalpha directly, with a disambigu... (by Cubbi)
cubit root

How can i find cubit root?
[8 replies] Last: There is a function in <cmath> called std::cbrt as well: http://ideo... (by Cubbi)
How to make an EXE of your program

Im looking to create an executable of a program I've been working on for awhile, but i cant seem to find out how. I looked around Google but no luck. Any help? ...
[5 replies] Last: When you run the program inside the IDE, it is just running an executa... (by slicedpan)
Stupid Randomization...

I made a black jack SDL game just for a quick revision. void Games::hit() { /* initialize random seed: */ srand ( time(NULL) ); int val = rand() % ...
[1 reply] : This is the most common mistake with random numbers in C++. Only cal... (by Peter87)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 3637383940... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.