Beginners - May 2012 (Page 32)

by EeAA
depth first search

I need to find 4 nodes of the graph in a depth first search starting from node G. Please let me know if this is correct or not: GFAC <http://imgur.com/i...
[no replies]
looking for a new tutorial

looking for a c++11 tutorial, my long term goals are to learn sdl and possible create a game.
[no replies]
How can I incorporate an ace switch function for a blackjack program?

You know when you are playing blackjack and if you draw an ace, it can be counted as 11 or 1 depending on whether you pass 21 or not? How can I code that into a...
[1 reply] : If the current value is greater than 10, then it is a one, if not then... (by slicedpan)
by kethgr
If statement reading boolean value

Hi all, I have a function that evaluates to true or false, and seems to work great, but I'm having a problem using it with an if statement. How can I writ...
[4 replies] Last: Ok, got it. Thank you! (by kethgr)
calculate sorting algorith completion times

hello i need help with calculating the time it takes for sorting algorithms to complete their sorting. i don't know if this is in a library or is it a switch th...
[3 replies] Last: it probably doesn’t work for large arrays because insertion sort is ... (by blueberry)
by mk532
Random selection from different sets of numbers

Dear Friends, I am a newcomer of C++ programming, I have a problem: I have 9 sets of numbers that each of them include different numbers for example: set 1: 10...
[no replies]
Help on creating multiple objects in loops

Here is the assignment in trying to complete(not homework, just trying to practice): The crossed out lines are what i have currently completed Requires: ...
[5 replies] Last: still confused on this subject (by Need4Sleep)
by kethgr
File input program

Hi all. I'm supposed to write a program that reads info (name, gender, school, and test scores) from a file and outputs the average test scores of different ...
[2 replies] Last: Ok, I definitely need to bone up on my vectors, but that works great. ... (by kethgr)
Assigning file input into variables.

Hey guys, I've been writing a program as I learn to test things which I've learned both in ways described, and to try things that were not stated in a tutorial...
[3 replies] Last: Yep, only one type. However you could do something like struct weapon... (by ne555)
Problem using classes (help please)

How can I let the user input string threw a public class function into the private class variable called name? I tried this, and it doesn't work. #inclu...
[2 replies] Last: oh.... ok, thanks! :) (by ZolaBudd)
Naming objects

I am attempting to name objects after strings. For example: string input; cin>>input; objectType input; I have also tried: objectType 'input' obj...
[9 replies] Last: Sorry if I seemed as if I was flaming, I planned on elaborating more. ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by Hotice
problem with ifstream

Here is a snippet of my program: #include <iostream> #include <cstring> #include <string> #include <sstream> using namespace std; //The purpose of this prog...
[4 replies] Last: I am trying to take a sequence of 0s and 1s from a file and convert it... (by Hotice)
being initialized

I'm continually seeing "being used without being initialized". I still don't understand something, obviously. I did put a number as double, and I did use it, s...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much! (by Dan Halen)
C++ SDL Freeze / Quit

I had my game working (a simple pong game) and then decided to try and implement a menu using the following tutorial http://youtu.be/k-m0q_uVnno I did not use ...
[2 replies] Last: That fixed it, thank you very much! (by haha123new)
by leylo
confused by reference and deference

I can't understand which i should use where, mainly because my brain is fried right now. Basically i have a class called "house" and a class called "player",...
[4 replies] Last: thank you very much :) brain is not working today (by leylo)
Accelerated C++ Grading Program

This will be specific to anyone who has the book (preferably to hand), but in Chapter 4, section 4.5 (Revised grading program) is there a reason why there is no...
[1 reply] : Duplicate: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/70892/ (by Athar)
by mj1709
plz spot the error

/*Program to extract m characters from string starting from the nth character */ #include<conio.h> #include<stdio.h> main() { char *c; int i=0,j=0,count=0,num,...
[8 replies] Last: thanks andy and atrium alot..... i got confused as without allocating ... (by mj1709)
need to advance further in c++

Hi, fellas! I've learnt c++ in high school but that's limited to OOP introduction and a little bit of everything. I feel like I need to learn more, perhaps to i...
[1 reply] : Start by learning modern C++, from scratch if you have to. Read a book... (by manasij7479)
resources for object oriented programming

Hi Everybody I am new in C++ programming. I need it to do my projects. I have problem with object oriented programming. I want to change all of my programs a...
[no replies]
How to lock a file

Hi, I want to use File Stream Objects to write some infomation in a txt file. I need to lock the file when I write,because I don't hope other processes access...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! I have solved! Use the last parameter of the fstream::open (by paschen)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 3031323334... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.