Beginners - May 2012 (Page 31)

by Ch1156
Whats wrong with my code?

I wrote this and i wanted to make it output the scores to a text file but i dont know whats wrong? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <ctime...
[2 replies] Last: The mistake is: to declare score, right, and wrong local in main. Sav... (by dadabe)
An inheritance issue.

I have derived two classes (employee and client) from a base class (person, containing members lastName and firstName and functions string getlastName void setl...
[2 replies] Last: It's not an inheritance; your function declaration syntax is just comp... (by Gaminic)
SFML trouble with rect()

I've just gotten SFML installed and running on visual C++, but I can't seam to get rect() to run. can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong in this code; #incl...
[2 replies] Last: Wow, thanks, I wasn't expecting to have to call so many different func... (by newbieg)
Reading string char array into character buffer

How can i add string array into character buffer; I want that buff =str2 ; buff =str2 ; but it shows error Non Portable string conversion
[2 replies] Last: vlad from moscow wrote: The code you showed is valid. This isn't... (by dadabe)
Pointer problems

1. I can't really explain this but I am working on linked lists but I am asked to set the traversing pointer back to the original/head pointer. How do I do this...
[1 reply] : Maybe you should show the line, in which you do the output? And also h... (by dadabe)
Any good source code to learn from ???

I want to learn c++ through some simple and light enough project code hope to quickly grasp the modern c++ design pattern and c++ language itself. any rec...
[3 replies] Last: JLBorges wrote: Reading code written by some one else is much har... (by dadabe)
Files counting

Hello, i'm a beginner in c++ programming and i need your help. I have a problem where i must count the files with .txt extension from a specified folder. Than...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you. It worked. (by DrkJoker)
Inheritance

I was thinking about how the Java book I have fails to cover any Object-oriented concepts other than just the basic class (no access levels, inheritance, or pol...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/979211/struct-inheritance-in-c (by Ahaanomegas)
vector and constructor in C++

Below code is surprising me because constructor has not been called as expected while storing my class object into vector. Pls throw some light. class...
[3 replies] Last: With C++98, the constructor that you are using is: explicit vector( s... (by JLBorges)
cin >> string space problem.

Alright. I am teaching myself how to program C++ and I am writing a program that takes input from the user and puts it into a string from which I manipulate it ...
[3 replies] Last: If you are mixing unformatted input ( std::getline() ) with formatte... (by JLBorges)
by jakuda
STL Vector and Classes

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, hope you can help me. I just started with C++ by myself and I can't figure out how initialise a matrix within a clas...
[5 replies] Last: Nice, @BlackSheep I have now my vector full working, I think I will s... (by jakuda)
by pappy
iso a little help

I want the following to continue running till I select "quit" later on I'll add sound, It's to help my autistic son communicate better. #include <iost...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags! EDIT: you would want to encase the first cout s... (by Need4Sleep)
Hash functions

Hi I have this exercise from this book and its telling me to Insert the keys E A S Y Q U T I O N in that order into an initially empty table of M = 5 lists, ...
[2 replies] Last: How am I suppose to actually do that? Because I am suppose to derive ... (by Final9mare)
by ram130
Really simple program, for a newbie.

hey, I'm trying to create a program that will prompt the user for 3 options and depending on the selection one out of the 3 codes excutes. Each his a draw or ec...
[4 replies] Last: Anyone? I just want to turn all these codes into a KeyPressed action ... (by ram130)
by kethgr
Simple program, but can't find the problem

I wrote a program with a user-defined function that I want to tell me if the input letter is a vowel or not. When I run it and input a letter, it always returns...
[2 replies] Last: I sure hope so. :) Thanks for your help. (by kethgr)
Function Errors In Calendar Program

Hey I'm new to C++ and I'm having an issue with the current program I am writing. I am getting only getting one error. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong...
[9 replies] Last: That.... sucks. Well I would start from the version using global varia... (by slicedpan)
Lowercase to Uppercase without ctype

I have the idea of doing it but where can I find letter values online? I searched everywhere! This is my concept so far of doing so, I know that each letter...
[9 replies] Last: Disch's example should work for any letter since the difference betwee... (by BlackSheep)
function calculateItemCost, displayTotalCost, readSaleRecord

What is below is the first part of what i have to do. So far i have pasted my code, i know it won't work or compile just want to know is it even right also what...
[no replies]
by Kobe24
I need some help

Hey there people.. First I want to thank all the people working in this site. It is really helpful and helped me alot. I am trying to do this random game and it...
[1 reply] : I got it guys.. I forgot to use "Using namespace std" thanks (by Kobe24)
For Loops and Arrays

What happens each pass through coupled for loops? I don't quite understand the order of assignment in this nested structure. #define WIDTH 5 #define HEIGHT 3 ...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, so the second loop is repeated three times. I guess this is the se... (by divine fallacy)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 2930313233... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.