Beginners - May 2012 (Page 27)

Rand options

Hi, I have 3 logos like the one below all with different designs and I was wondering if there was a way that I can have a random function that calls one of t...
[1 reply] : Nevermind I figured it out. :D (by Irish RayRay)
(multiplecationTable)

Write a program (multiplicationTable.cpp) that takes an integer n as input and output the multiplication table of n into a file. Your output file should look f...
[2 replies] Last: o.O 1 X 4 = 4 2 X 4 = 4 3 X 4 = 4 ... 10 X 4 = 4 -.-*... (by shadow123)
error

if you get an error that says ( multiple definition of `main' first defined here ld r...
[4 replies] Last: no, i used int main() once. "Used"? Can you give the source code? ... (by Catfish)
plz help if u can (Multiplication Table)

Hi, can someone help me to write a MULTIPLICATION TABLE program, where u input a number and get a multiplication table of that number.
[3 replies] Last: Yes it should. And what does your code produce? (by whitenite1)
by Jen
Returning a local char array ?

In this code there are four functions. One main-function, and three sub functions returning a char array. The function GetByte3 is invalid because it returns a ...
[9 replies] Last: You can use the static keyword to have some fun without fear. A stat... (by Catfish)
Simple C++ program for the 21 game

The game "21" is played as a misère game with any number of players who take turns saying a number. The first player says "1" and each player in turn increases...
[no replies]
int vs unsigned int

With the following code I get a warning that I am comparing signed and unsigned int. vector<float> test ; for (int i=0; i<test.size(); i++){...} O...
[9 replies] Last: Blessing, mostly. It has many usability improvements, like the special... (by Catfish)
A Function that gives two vector and a file as output

Dear guys, I have written the following function. In my mind, this function reads in a .txt file, then gives out another .txt file, and at the same time crea...
[4 replies] Last: The simple_moving_average() is fine as long as periods is within t... (by coder777)
why isnt this working?

I seem to get this problem sometimes when working with variables, im creating a program to translate Fahrenheit to centigrade and the only value that returns ...
[8 replies] Last: hmm, okay. well thanks for the info=] that's gonna make things so much... (by pceluevmapthy)
by Ch1156
what does this mean?

I have some code, if youve helped me recently you may recognize it. #include <iostream> #include <ctime> #include <random> #include <string> using n...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.programminggeeksinchrysalis.blogspot.de/2012/04/introductio... (by SirSmilesaLot)
Database for C++

Hello, I am working a program in C++ that I would like to use to enter information, and I would like some help in creating a database to keep this information. ...
[2 replies] Last: An excel file would probably be best, because the data will be entered... (by skgbafa)
by Grax
Data Structure, Queue and Link List

I wonder that can a queue containing data of link list type? I mean each data that store inside a queue is link-list type... Is that possible if I want to make ...
[2 replies] Last: if i want to create them manually, will this works? struct node { ... (by Grax)
push back only part of vector

If I have a vector of class vector<constructor> name; The constructor consists of some number of elements constructor(string a, string b, string c, stri...
[5 replies] Last: I did some re-arranging and changed a few things and got it all set an... (by MJP4110)
by Ch1156
Update time on screen

I have some code and i want to be able to update the time it displays so it looks like the clock is ticking without having to quit and run the program again. Al...
[13 replies] Last: ok awesome, thanks for all the help guys. (by Ch1156)
Text cases

How do you use text in cases? Observe the following code snippet. cin >> spam; switch (spam) { case nothing: cout << "Screw you"; break; } ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks for the help, all of you! Appreciate it! Here: Have a cookie. (by john924xps)
Class within a Class

Hi guys, Need a little help, here's the code... #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; ...
[9 replies] Last: You are trying to access private members of the class from outside of ... (by naraku9333)
by c00per
function pointer problem

Hello there, I've study C++ for a while now and encountered this problem when I was doing my exercises. Basically I have class Data like so class Data ...
[2 replies] Last: double* Data::getX() { return x; } Thank you very much, tha... (by c00per)
Teach me how to use char array and pointers C++

I am trying to get the user to enter a sentence, then I change that sentence to say hi. My error - arguement char not compataible with paramater char If you se...
[9 replies] Last: Don't mess with all the character arrays. You have #included <string>,... (by Duthomhas)
MineCraft Robot program

Hello. I am aware that MineCraft is written in Java, but I want to write a C++11 program that will direct "robots" to mine, cut wood, and do other robota that I...
[no replies]
Arrays of Odd & Even Numbers - Numbers Getting Mixed Up

Hi, so I am having a bit of a problem, but I don't know if it's my code or my compiler that's the issue. My assignment is to ask the user to input integers, whi...
[11 replies] Last: Oh wow. I feel dumb. >_> It works perfectly now. Thank you very much. ... (by Cheddar)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 2526272829... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.