Beginners - May 2012 (Page 13)

<unresolved overloaded function type>[int]’ for array subscript Error Message

I'm writing a program to read a file that contains information about molecules and extra the x,y,z coordinates of atoms in the molecule, and the atom type. This...
[4 replies] Last: Heheh. It was oddly placed. (by cire)
problem with data types in square root algorithm

if a function returns a value in long,the value is stored in double long,and given to a function which takes double,does the value change?
[3 replies] Last: If long is 32 bits there is no problem. If you're on a system where l... (by cire)
Totaly lost and tired and HELP WITH SAVE AND LOAD

Okay i am going down. I cannot find the problem for this game. I created save and load functions and checkpoint function who are bugged. Here is the save: v...
[7 replies] Last: I did it! The problem was the variables. I declared them extern xD. My... (by happykiller)
Do-while loops and while loops

I was wondering if anybody can take a look real quick, I have it so the user has to guess a generated number from 1 - 100, and everything works until the user r...
[5 replies] Last: I thought that if I had a do-while loop within the whole thing, anyth... (by cire)
Question about classes and public/private

Hello, so I picked up c++ a few days ago after doing java for 2 years in IB and I have a quick question. So, I have a general understanding of how classes work ...
[12 replies] Last: Cubbi, Thanks for the links. My formal training in C++ is over 10 ye... (by doug4)
Root Mean Square

I have asked to find the Root means Square of the given series of numbers. -99 to exit from the program. But when I execute the program every time I get unbeli...
[3 replies] Last: sum and count are both ints, so your calculation of RMS will be based ... (by doug4)
<Please Delete>

Sorry, entered wrong code. Will ask again later.
[1 reply] : I may be blind, but I don't see any global variables here. (by ResidentBiscuit)
Build errors?

#include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <time.h> using namespace std; int main() { char ans; do { srand((unsigned)time(0)); i...
[2 replies] Last: I feel stupid now lol, thanks so much (by strupan)
Methods for creating a queue class.

I know about the linked list approach, but was wondering why we don't just implement these using a dynamic array? For example, let's say you have a queue of ...
[1 reply] : I think the main disadvantage with the way you describe is that it is ... (by Peter87)
dynamic memory allocation

I have a problem while running a program. I am running out of memory. What I have done is allocated memory dynamically, using "new" and deleted it after finis...
[1 reply] : Only use dynamic memory allocations if you have to. If you have valgr... (by Peter87)
Strange output using std::list and ifstream

Im writing a program to practice with the language, but im getting some pretty weird output from code that seems right to me. The code: #include <iostream> #...
[8 replies] Last: A struct can have constructors, member functions, operator overloads, ... (by Cubbi)
string to main function through a class

hey guys have a problem getting this done this is my class function void project::io() { string outfile; string infile; ifstream read;...
[1 reply] : Hi there, It seems to me as if you haven't declared the read and writ... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Trouble with constructor for a class

Hi there, I'm having a little trouble getting a constructor going. I can define the class OK and initialize objects using the function "setVals(...)" (see cod...
[2 replies] Last: That did the trick. Thanks. For some reason I assumed the constructo... (by jallenbradley)
Structures help

Hi everybody. Hope you're all well. Mi question is: How can i do for pass by reference an structure like I have in main()? struct loans{ str...
[2 replies] Last: You simply specify that delete_loan takes a reference like this: ... (by kooth)
Operator Overloading

hi... I have an struct that operation "<" overloaded in it... I don't familiar enough with operation overloading... I have 2 question about it: 1.The "<" ...
[3 replies] Last: thanks alot... is any digest article about operator overloading in c++... (by Blackwizard)
by gian20
The input line is too long. VS

Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 x86 tools. The input line is too long. The syntax of the command is incorrect. C:\Program Files\M...
[1 reply] : Hi there, I haven't experienced this issue myself, but some googling ... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Complete Beginner, Basic Questions.

Hi guys! I'm just starting out with "Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days." I'm on the first day... haha. Anyway, I've been doing XHTML for years so hopefully I'll cat...
[9 replies] Last: Athar, why exactly is it outdated and such as you said? I have no par... (by Avidist)
Shrink allocated memory with 'new'.

I have 2 sets created with 'new': (symbolic write) set1 = {10, 15, 20, 21, 50} set2 = {1, 5, 20, 21, 150} I want to create the sum of sets so I allocate with...
[3 replies] Last: Indeed. Though, they behave the same - irrespective of the implementat... (by closed account zb0S216C)
exe falls over after 10 iterations....

HI, I'm not sure what is useful information to help solve this problem, so apologies in advance! I'm working with code half in C, half in F, I've added a compo...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=hyplobates] "apologies, I'm a total newb, and I'm not quite sur... (by closed account zb0S216C)
need help read data from textfile ^_^

Hello, I am a beginner in C++ and I am trying to implement of IOSTREAM for reading data in notepad. then I get a problem in displaying the data on the console ....
[7 replies] Last: I think I'd go with something like: #include <string> #include <fstr... (by cire)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 1112131415... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.