Beginners - May 2012 (Page 12)

Code::Blocks help!!!

I'm a beginner in C++. For some reason, I can't access files like iostream, ctime, cstdlib, string, and vector. First, are they all part of the Standard Temp...
[2 replies] Last: Well, vector is part of the STL. (by doug4)
open a WORD doc or EXCEL Sheet with C++

Hello, I just need to open a WORD.doc or EXCEL sheet with a C++ function. (no reading or writing, just open it) I guess I need a function with the doc n...
[6 replies] Last: No problem. Happy to help (by apache1649)
Passing object into object

Hi guys, Need a little help. I am trying to pass the "sum" object into the "get_average" object, but it's not passing the "sum" member variables "numerator"...
[4 replies] Last: There is nothing to be embarassed, to error is human:):) (by SirSmilesaLot)
by Rii
File opening method problem (division by zero)

Hello there ^^ While opening files and reading them, I've come across two different methods, they both work, but not when I try combining the two methods. ...
[4 replies] Last: It's running fine for me here. What line is the crash happening on? ... (by Rii)
by MAQAH
strlen

Hey , I just wanted to check the array size of a char .So I used strlen and I got the answer> Then I made a char array , arr ; and I used it cout<<"Insert :"...
[11 replies] Last: @anirudh sn and @Hendro P Sinaga Let me show you this: #include <std... (by S G H)
c++ segmentation fault with vector

Hi everyone, I am just a little stuck on a learning exercise that I almost have figured out. The code I am working on, and posting below, it has an array of ...
[9 replies] Last: i saw it right after I asked (by gamefanatic)
compiler warning about inline members

I get this compiler warning: In member function 'SparseVector SparseVector::operator+(const SparseVector&) const': warning: inlining failed in call to 'Spars...
[2 replies] Last: GCC says it will not inline the destructor. Probably because it would ... (by Peter87)
system("runfile") open bracket problem

Hello everyone, Sorry if this has been answered before. I've tried searching for at least 20 minutes before coming here. Basically the line is: run = ...
[3 replies] Last: ne555: Ah I see. Yes, when I try to run C:\Dev-Cpp\export(test).xls in... (by HCsquared)
Help. what is wrong with my code?

#include<iostream> using std::cout; using std::endl; using std::cin; using namespace std; #include<string> #include<cstdlib> #include <ctime> #ifn...
[1 reply] : In the private section of the class you have int result ; . Shouldn't... (by Peter87)
by waliu
templates and inheritance

Hi. The following code cannot compile - use of undeclared identifier. I use GCC and XCode for compilation. Everything is in a single header file. include "My...
[5 replies] Last: If you're curious why this works, see C++ FAQ at http://www.parashift.... (by Cubbi)
how to decrease memory usage?

I am currently working on a project. While running the program, I don't have sufficient to run that program fully. How can I decrease memory usage?
[3 replies] Last: In addition to haglerchristopher's question, what do you need all this... (by BlackSheep)
Need help with shape collision in tetris clone

I need help detecting other blocks. right now the block will go through other blocks. new code: //Dark GDK - The Game Creators - www.thegamecreators.co...
[1 reply] : Hi there, I don't see any "board" matrix in your code which stores th... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
If Statement Trouble

Hey, im new to c++, so no doubt making stupied mistakes, im working on a program which could get me into a job learning c++ and making software from scratch, bu...
[2 replies] Last: I created your program. i hope that i will help you,tell me if it help... (by skarla)
confused with operators ++ -- (1,2)

I made this program as my c++ homework #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a=15, b=3; a= a*6/a++; b= --b*a++/b; cout << "a=" << a << e...
[23 replies] Last: thanks you very much :) (by Kronolynx)
C++ beginner question with structure

Hello, noobie programmer here. basically i just learnt about structure and tried using it in different occasions. I don't know what to do, but what i tried to...
[2 replies] Last: Oops I noticed i made a mistake when writting near at the end. it sho... (by itchoi09)
Weird output... not sure how to describe. Long code, be warned.

For some reason, when I input a greeting, such as "hi" to my program the first time, it prints a greeting back (like it's supposed to). Every time after that, h...
[9 replies] Last: You can easily avoid global variables like so: ... //global vars ..... (by coder777)
by me1291
Unable to call/reference methods from other .cpp files using main.cpp.

I'm trying to get my implementation file(main) and the code files separated. Heres what I have so far, I copied it out of my deitel how to program C++ 8th edit...
[12 replies] Last: The problem with strings that I mentioned is that he wrote the code so... (by newbieg)
can anyone please check this program to see what's wrong on it .

i" am taking c++ class now and I am strugling with that problem. here is the part i have problem with Program will put the numbers in order and print the...
[1 reply] : I think you've got a misprint here: for (i=0; i<n; ++i ) { cou... (by ortymd)
Books for visual C++

Hello. I've been working on C++ for about a week and I'd like to use Visual C++ as my compiler. Now I need a book for C++ that uses Visual C++ 2010 as it's comp...
[2 replies] Last: i donno any books, but this link will surely fulfill your needs: http... (by SirSmilesaLot)
printing an array

my program only prints the last value of my array. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. all the other code I have looked at seems to function the sa...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks... my bad (by curtisschlepp)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.