Beginners - July 2015 (Page 30)

no such file or directory

Yesterday my code was capable of opening a file "larger.dat" and today I get this message when I am debugging: std::string::c_str (this=0xffbffaf0) a...
[3 replies] Last: but is program actually able to open the file that i input? I guess? ... (by helios)
Hash Tables

If I had understood correctly, hash tables are basically an array of linked lists. So currently I'm trying to write my own hash table and linked list template c...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for explaining it (by Golden Lizard)
Repeats to many times!!

I cant get my script to only answer the question once! Help pls? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <ctime> using namespace std; int main () { ...
[1 reply] : The qString you're testing on line 26 is the one declared on line 9 (e... (by andywestken)
Any good websites to learn C++ for UE4?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could suggest websites that teach UE4 (C++) simply. As in, explain everything step by step. I have some prior knowledge of C...
[4 replies] Last: Yes guys, Unreal Engine 4 :D (by Wulfinite)
Locales

Hello all, Recently, I have been trying to write a small program to practice C++. Since I'm from a French speaking region, I would like my program to be able t...
[8 replies] Last: You don't need boost to do what you're trying to do, linux actually su... (by Cubbi)
Converting numbers to another base

[2 replies] Last: I would probably factor out the char -> value / value -> char conversi... (by andywestken)
need output on one line

I'm using aide for android to code c++ on my tablet. I'm making a download progress bar for my game. It will output the characters on one line but I have to wai...
[2 replies] Last: Works thanks. (by jsonlickliter)
by Filorn
malloc in tridimensional array

I just tried a malloc with a tridimensional array but when i have to put in the value of the elements in the arrays the program doesn't a pause after each eleme...
[8 replies] Last: True in C++; VLA (variable length arrays) were proposed for but not in... (by keskiverto)
by Vasim
Digital root problem

Hi, I'm a beginner in c++ and need some help in my code. I tried to write the code below for the program that asks a user to enter a number in the range 1-99 a...
[4 replies] Last: Ok, thank you coder777, I'll think about how to modify the code. And t... (by Vasim)
Lynda.com C++ Training Question

I am interested in learning C++ basics and then focus on Unreal engine 4 development with C++. I started to watch the lynda.com series after reading apart of my...
[4 replies] Last: Use the iostream library because it's typesafe. You can't decide what... (by dhayden)
decimal number

hey, i want to know how to show more than 6 numbers after the comma in a float number .
[3 replies] Last: i did that Where? I don't see MiiniPaa's suggested code in what you ... (by dhayden)
Expected unqualified-id before {

I keep getting the same error message, which means I can't even try to run my program., right before that very first { on line 1. What am I doing wrong? { #in...
[3 replies] Last: You're not passing a sum array in your calls. (by helios)
by BethM
Infinite While Loop When Input Less Than 0

Hello! I'm a bit new to C++ and very new to the forum. I was fiddling around with a while loop to practice input validation when something unexpected happened. ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you! That makes a lot of sense. I'll keep practicing. (by BethM)
How does one save bitmap image to a file in PNG format?

This is a closed topic which, IMO, was not addressed satisfactorily. BACKGROUND My O/S is 64-bit Win 7 Home Edition, and for about 3 years now, I have b...
[7 replies] Last: done (by Rogier1791)
Problem with searching array code

(1)I have two txt files. one with 6-bit binary codes and a corresponding letter, and the other with a coded message in aforementioned 6-bit code. (2)I want to ...
[1 reply] : Should line 31 be, for(i=0;i<16;i++) as your assignment at line 16 i... (by CodeWriter)
Open a file

How do you open a file with c++?
[2 replies] Last: There are a couple of ways one could open a file: - Open for read - O... (by megatron 0)
open automatically file for writing fails

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace std; int main() { fstream inOutFile; inOutFile.open("students.dat", ios::out| ios::in | io...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot, helpful! (by leonid1990)
Troubles with opening a file, suddenly

Hi, can't open text nor binary files. I have read already other topics, tried all advises. Unfortunately, nothing works. #include <iostream> #include <fs...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by leonid1990)
~~Code Check~~

Hello, I am JUST starting C++. Im 14 and I know this code needs work, and was wondering if anyone would be willing to check the code and tell me what needs to b...
[3 replies] Last: @firedraco Thank you sooo much! :D (by thtGamerGuy)
exists cvs in codeblocks?

exists cvs in codeblocks?
[2 replies] Last: Or are you asking it there's a CVS (version control) plugin for Code::... (by andywestken)
July 2015 Pages: 1... 282930313233
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.