Beginners - July 2015 (Page 28)

What do you mean by calling copy constructors explicitly?

Question says it all
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. (by Wulfinite)
Problem with the converting the iterator

What is wrong with my 'for'-loop #include<iostream> #include<list> using namespace std; class zahl { public: int wert; }; list<zahl> L;...
[3 replies] Last: . . for ( it i=L.begin(); i!=L.end(); ++i ) { cout << i->... (by ccslave)
Heroes of C++ assemble!: Questions about Classes (1,2)

Hi! I'm learning Programming and I'm very new so I'd like to borrow your wast network of knowledge on Classes. I have looked at a good few post on this fo...
[25 replies] Last: originally I sorted the higher numbers first and forgot to change j! a... (by LuckyXII)
by h4ever
dynamically resize listbox width

I have small space on Sheet page and lots of controls. I have combo boxes, which take place, and I need to make them slim, so if I click on it the items should ...
[no replies]
Classes

I am writing my first class program. And for whatever reason, the error is coming up and saying Aborted (core dumped). Any idea why this error message is showin...
[1 reply] : Lines 79-81. Your loops iterate over board_size elements, but your ... (by keskiverto)
atom

I just downloaded atom, can someone teach me how to run C++ projects using atom?
[no replies]
Undeclared Identifier

Why am I getting this? Error C2065: 'height' : undeclared identifier // Assignment 7.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #inclu...
[3 replies] Last: Since the parameter 'height' is to be inputted from the keyboard and ... (by Aminu Bishir)
by MM7
Declare pointer to array

I have a function that writes the bytes of a file to ram. To get a value from a specific ram adress I do int *pointerToSmth = (int*) (someAdress); ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. That was exacly that I was searching for. (by MM7)
getting error

Hi friends I am using Dev-C++ 5.9.2 version and when I use this statement I always get error please help me... where "file" is a string where the file name is...
[1 reply] : What does the error say, exactly? Look at the ifstream constructors:... (by keskiverto)
by Ch1156
Not replacing all letters. (1,2)

I am making a program that replaces all letters with a character, I have been working on this for a few days and i cannot seem to get it to work. The problem is...
[22 replies] Last: @TheIdeasMan I am voting that we have given this enough air time alre... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by charls
needs help on this program (online app)

please how can i get rid of this because i have tried my best yet nothing work out, the question is HOW CAN I WRITE A PROGRAM THAT ALLOWS THE USER TO REGISTER O...
[1 reply] : You need a database. google asp registration form with database ... (by SamuelAdams)
While loop breaks unexpectedly

I still couldn't figure out the solution to my problem in my Dungeon Crawler program, so I decided to test something more basic. Here is the same problem: If...
[3 replies] Last: I think this is what you want. while (x != 0) // zero to exit the lo... (by SamuelAdams)
by Feral
Class question

I'm studying classes, constructor and deconstructor this week. I thought I was understanding it properly, so I decided to input the following code to test for ...
[2 replies] Last: I tested that as well and 7 finally shows. I guess it's a typo in the ... (by Feral)
how i change it: left operand must be l-value

a small code , problem with " l-value" #include<iostream> #include<sstream> #include<fstream> #include<cstdlib> #include<cmath> #include<string> #include<iom...
[1 reply] : Lines 11-13 are missing type specifiers. Line 63: What exactly do... (by AbstractionAnon)
Read a DWORD from a BYTE array

I have used ReadFile to fill a BYTE buffer. How can I access the first 4 bytes of it as a DWORD? LPBYTE readBuffer = new BYTE ; I tried some things li...
[7 replies] Last: Crap, I figured out that I should have used: *(DWORD *)(writeBuffer+... (by BrainHijacker)
[Solved]Inheritance problem

Hi, I have derived a class but can't use the base class method from a child object. Here is the simplified definition of the two classes : class Bas...
[5 replies] Last: I don't think the derived class should be providing a container. do()... (by Papipone)
by Emiyou
Dynamic Array

Hi everyone. I've been trying to write a code that do the following The user write a number of words The program store every word in memory Here's the ...
[1 reply] : The line 15 calls the Add() with same address (ch2) every time. Every... (by keskiverto)
Use of equal_to function object

I am trying to use the function object equal_to to find an element in ivec with the same value. Is it possible to use equal_to as a predicate for find_if? If ...
[3 replies] Last: JLBorges, Thanks for introducing me to placeholders, bind, and that c... (by phztfte1)
junior level C++ programming job

Hi guys, dont know if this is the right place to ask this but here it is! Could I be "advanced" enough to be able to get this kind of job after both reading an...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys for answers. So averaging these 2 replies I would kind of ... (by etrusks)
How to call function from class to main ?

How to call this 2 functions in main ? If i have complex number (1+1i), moduo would be sqrt(2) and ~ would be 1-1i double Moduo () const { return sqrt(Re...
[1 reply] : You might need to show a bit more code. Assuming those are member func... (by Ganado)
July 2015 Pages: 1... 2627282930... 33
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.