Beginners - July 2015 (Page 11)

by Ganado
Basic Model-View-Controller structure question

I started trying to make a program that uses menus and displays stuff that the user can interact with (like a image they can move or zoom in/out of, for example...
[4 replies] Last: > I suppose that isn't necessary a problem as long as the the Model cl... (by JLBorges)
Need Help

If I have a (Y/N) statement where I have both "y" and "n" as answers, but to be correct, you can't have a wrong answer, how can I have it to where if it sees an...
[5 replies] Last: Never mind, that fixed it, I just didn't understand at first, sorry. ... (by jacem49)
by kmph
Correctly writing numerically into a ANY integer variable

Just for perfectionism and for sport, I'm looking for a way to correctly read (numerically) into ANY integer variable, under ANY circumstances and on ANY platfo...
[4 replies] Last: > But since we do the comparison T(i) == i, then T(i) gets promoted ag... (by JLBorges)
undefined reference to `Scrittura::creaScritta(char*, int)'

Hi, i have a warning and two errors with the following code: - warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings] - undefined ref...
[4 replies] Last: yes, there is i reuploaded the image have you tryed if the program ru... (by il dottore)
by fguy
weird problem with c-style string and sizeof()

Greetings, The following code #include <iostream> using namespace std; void strdup( char* str ) { cout << str << ", " << sizeof(str) << "\n"...
[6 replies] Last: Yes, but IMO that should be after it has already used C++ strings, vec... (by jlb)
by koce
Listing files in Directory

Hi guys, new comer to C++ here. I am interested in a simple program for klm-files manipulation. Having some C-practice in files manipulation shouldn't be a...
[3 replies] Last: Problem solved. Above, .... for (auto &i : names) std::cout << i << e... (by koce)
Browse file and save file

hey I am new to c++. I am trying to create a editor program.I am stuck at how to open a dialog box where it asks to open a file from any directory (my pictures...
[11 replies] Last: It is gcnew not new (by coder777)
Problem with Reading File into Array Structure

Im trying to write a code that inputs data from a file into an array of structures, sorts the data alphabetically by last name and then format the data into a r...
[3 replies] Last: Your sampledata.txt only seems to have six items but your structure ha... (by CodeWriter)
Access violation reading location

Hi everyone! My code builds fine but I'm getting the error: First-chance exception at 0x00995CA7 in PcppAssingment(NG CHUNG NENG TP028902).exe: 0xC0000005:...
[5 replies] Last: For example: void Activity:: read acctivities(istream &is){ is >> act... (by coder777)
Weird stuff with fd.ignore.

so i was doing an exercise and i had this text file : 6 Guolis P20 30 Riebokslis R33-25KT 12 Karbiuratorius VWG0911 5 Valytuvas APK1...
[2 replies] Last: woops :D, alrighty (by MisterWHite)
help with "IF" statements.

hi i am very new to programming and starting to learn c++ i made this simple program to sort out outcome if set of conditions meets requirements and its giving...
[2 replies] Last: thank you very much Yanson. It worked.. (by kavinda weerachandra)
by j95193
A small problem running my game

Hello, I am trying to code up an adventure game that reads from a script on a text file. The program compiles and runs but it does not read from my .txt file an...
[1 reply] : Try changing this: fin.seekg(NULL,ios::beg); to this: fin.seekg(... (by xismn)
Script broke.

Any one help me fix this? //The following calculates the average of three numbers. #include <iostream> #include <cstdio> #include <cstdlib> float...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> //The following calculates the average of three ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Big O notation question

Am i right to assume that the main difference between Big O o(n) and Big O o(1) is the fact that Big O o(n) uses a loop to iterate and Big O o(1) does not? I kn...
[5 replies] Last: What I've done is about as simple as it gets -- What's left is some ba... (by Duthomhas)
I have a problem about float

I tried to do calculator but when I play the program it gives wrong result. int secim,secim2,s1,s2; printf("Dort islem icin :1\n"); ...
[6 replies] Last: Firstly, I m so thankful to you. I am sory. I just missed to turn %s t... (by ARAMDEVASTATOR)
need help Identifying what OS in on a PC programmatically

I am currently working on a project to get an existing 32 bit app to work in windows xp and windows 7. Currently the program works in XP is called us a script ...
[2 replies] Last: Win 7 32-bit uses just the "Program Files" folder for programs, 64-bit... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Need Help

I need help, I'm pretty new to C++, and I have an issue with this code, after I answer "Y" the cout text from int extra() doesn't show up in the console applica...
[2 replies] Last: I feel stupid for overlooking that, thank you. (by jacem49)
by Sajla
Probably a stupid question

I started with book c++ primer 5th edition. In first chapter there is a prog in which i should type smtn like 21 12 32 12 and it should say: 21 occures 1 time ...
[5 replies] Last: The only stupid question is one that you learn nothing from. (by kevinkjt2000)
by Filorn
decimal-to-binary number converter

Please help me. this f*cking converter doesn't work but i don't understand why. #include<stdio.h> #include<math.h> int n,i,v ,x,p; //Funzione per conv...
[4 replies] Last: I forgot about your loop. [code firstline=6] for(i=10; i<0; i--){ ... (by Duthomhas)
Output to high scores txt file not as expected

The code at the bottom is a program to update a txt file with high scores. If I continually update with a new highest or lowest score, there doesn't seem to be ...
[3 replies] Last: Also looks relevant: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25413243/seekg... (by curious noob)
July 2015 Pages: 1... 910111213... 33
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.