Beginners - July 2013 (Page 9)

upon failing to include a file

i was looking for a method to define a function upon success of an include, and define that same function another way upon failing of that include. #include <...
[3 replies] Last: @DTSCode I don't believe that will work, if the compiler can't find th... (by naraku9333)
String problems

Okay, in my application it asks for name and age, but if they put John Trub, it messes up, they have to put one name either John, or Trub, if they add the space...
[7 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/107405/#msg582615 (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Assigning an array to another

Hi, I am doing an assignment and I am suppose to insert values inside of an array to another array. I tried to do some google searches but nothing I can under...
[5 replies] Last: @Thank you anyways because the link Freedbill30 gave led me to the sol... (by FlyingTr)
Randomly generating letters that have assignemnts

Hi, I'd like to randomly generate the letters a - d (a,b,c,d), which I have done below. What I'd like to do is have each of the letters assigned to a commen...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks for everyone's help. I changed a few things around and I got m... (by project science)
understanding the problem

Write a program to find the minimum, maximum, and average values of a collection of data values. The number of data values is unspecified. help me unders...
[3 replies] Last: yes finally understood the prob myself declared 3 variables a b c then... (by kateng32)
Problem after reorganization

Hi , I transformed my program in a modular program becahse all was in one header. But now there is a problem I don't know .. Undefined symbols for arch...
[no replies]
grading exercise program

I am having an issue with this program. I am new to this obviously and am fuzzed as to what to do with my int main (). An example as to how to lay this out w...
[1 reply] : you have a character array defined for student id, you can't just do c... (by dhruv90)
Problem with game (PLEASE HELP!)

Hello, People :) I'm creating a tower defence game with SFML engine. I have been creating it until i reached a problem which i can't solve for about 2 weeks. I...
[2 replies] Last: EDIT - You'd have problems with 2 enemies in the same circle though. ... (by Dainiusss)
Need a little help

I am working through a book on c++. I copied this code out of the book but I am getting an issue on the line containing the operator overloading function pr...
[3 replies] Last: Well, then I guess the book was wrong? Because I was thinking that! Th... (by Hambone)
by Slazer
std::get() problem

I have the following code. I execute it doing this 1. write "abc" 2. hit enter and after this abc="abc", but nl="". I expected nl to be equal to the newline ch...
[1 reply] : From: istream::get http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/istream/istream... (by andywestken)
Why does a pointer, on dereferencing still returns the value of a variable which is no more?

Hi all, I was playing with some C++ code and came upon a doubt. #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> using namespace std; int * givepointer()...
[10 replies] Last: @SatsumaBenji: Yeah, I completely agree on what you said. If anyone w... (by Himansh)
Pig latin

Anyone help me figure out the problem? I run it then it closes when i write the string printin out nothing... I added even system("pause") #include <ios...
[11 replies] Last: Anyway thanx... My compiler compiled it and works good... (by Albo Coder)
value vs reference

I am having trouble understanding pointers/references/values. Why wouldnt you just use always values most of the time, and if speed is needed, use references. A...
[7 replies] Last: oh i just saw everyones post just now. Didnt see them before. Ok tha... (by metulburr)
by axdel
tic tac toe array function problem

So I am testing the winOrTie function which should return false when a player has won or there is a tie. My problem is I am testing it for when player 1 wins on...
[2 replies] Last: Inserting those lines causes it to end after the first player selects ... (by axdel)
pointer to object

Write your question here. #include<iostream> using namespace std; class TestNULL{ public: void print() { cout<<"\n In Print Function"; }...
[2 replies] Last: yes i got it... thanks vlad from moscow (by ankushnandan)
pointer confusion

I thought i grasped pointers, but when i go to actually use them, low and behold, apparently i do not. I was trying to understand the difference of reference an...
[3 replies] Last: > Wouldnt it just be simpler to say: *n += 1; ? Or ++*n ; In gene... (by JLBorges)
MessageBox "Yes" button clicked

How can I check if "Yes" button in MessageBox() was clicked? MessageBox (NULL, TEXT ("Yes or no?"), TEXT ("Question"), MB_YESNO | MB_DEFBUTTON1); ... ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Please Help Computer Guessing Game

Hi im trying to get the computer to guess my number but it wont work, what is wrong, how can i fix it? #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include ...
[3 replies] Last: @senhor - you shouldn't use infinite loop(especially, when it's so eas... (by MatthewRock)
Help with error!

Hi, I'm currently learning bloodshed c++ and this is my 3rd time coding. Please help me with the error I am facing. Problem occurs at: cout << "Enter the I...
[4 replies] Last: I changed it to (ctr+4) and it immediately started at 4. I find out th... (by Gencaerus)
creating a picture with an array

So I'm trying to make a picture out of squares and I need 238 squares and I'm wondering how to put them all on the screen using the same object, Is there a bett...
[10 replies] Last: Whoops yea I did. But look at the time. That day I didn't sleep since ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 7891011... 53
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.