Beginners - January 2019 (Page 11)

Writing an array to a text file

Does anyone know how to output a 2d unsigned char array to a text file? I have been trying things for hours now. The code compiles without any errors but the...
[2 replies] Last: outputFile << (int) ARRAY << " "; (by ne555)
want to start learning c++

hello everyone.I want to study c ++ where should I start. Can you advise me?
[3 replies] Last: It will be good if you practice with creating clones of simple games l... (by Observer)
Setting lmits for float

A simple one.... but what is an efficient way to set min and max limits you want for float, double, int etc. and check such on update. float min = 0; float ...
[5 replies] Last: There's really not much else you can do [outside of external refactori... (by Ganado)
Trying to make a function that returns a value

I'm trying to make a simple calculator that sends some values to a function and returns the value calculated. But I keep getting this error: https://gyazo.com/...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! I didn't know I had to write int two times. I used a link to s... (by Cheesmeet)
by plus29
Program ends halfway after implementation of polymorphism

I'm trying to implement polymorphism in the code below, it works fine without polymorphism(calling with b.function), in this case, it stops at the function fixS...
[4 replies] Last: Fixed the error, many thanks. (by plus29)
Some bug in template with enum parameter

Hey. I want to write a helper function `count` to give me a int back, basing on the template parameter enum, which tell which int(8, 16, 32, 64) the pointer is ...
[2 replies] Last: I come up with my solution. Hmm I think we have 5 * 3 situations. (5 f... (by CakeByTheOcean)
Reading numbers from .txt

Hello, I have a text file like this 5 1 2 0 3 5 0 2 7 1 8 9 1 4 6 0 And the code is ifstream infile; infile.open("NongTrai.in.txt"); ...
[4 replies] Last: Since there're spaces between the numbers white spaces are ignored. F... (by coder777)
Personal power point application

I want to try to write code for my own power point application that I will make myself. Does anyone know how to do this or any good resources that can help me s...
[3 replies] Last: Making your own powerpoint presentation software from scratch sounds l... (by Ganado)
CODECHEF LONG CHALLANGE

Any problem from the contest would be interested now as the contest is over.
[1 reply] : In MATCHIT problem i got 43.394 points. Anyone who got more than this,... (by blackmamba)
by Bopaki
Not getting the correct output when testing my program

I was asked to include a derived class on my clockType time. When I test the program after adding the time zone in the derived class I get wrong results ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks very much LastChance!!! it works like a bomb.... (by Bopaki)
error: use of ‘this’ in a constant expression while using helper funciton

Hello everyone. I had a problem when I try to call a helper function from my a::util namespace. My code can not be compiled: error: use of ‘this’ in a const...
[3 replies] Last: It looks like it will not be able to deduce the template arguments so ... (by Peter87)
Help

Can you help me to solve this? "Create a program that allows to type a old password then it should creates a new password. All vowel letter should Replace wit...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cctype> #include <string> #include <alg... (by lastchance)
Undirected graph with weights

Question- https://www.hackerearth.com/practice/data-structures/trees/binary-search-tree/practice-problems/algorithm/mst-revisited-3f9d614c/description/ Issu...
[no replies]
hospital billing with overloaded functions

This is what the program requires. I'm having a little bit of trouble with understanding how functions and calling them works. I don't just want a solution I wo...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both so much this really helped me understand functions and ... (by sidsthekid678)
Cant cout an array

Hi I've made the array cs1 to be equal to array cs. But I cant get the output. The compiler tells that there is a problem at this line: cout << cs; So what is ...
[1 reply] : Hello Alex009988, In the future when you have errors that you do not ... (by Handy Andy)
Read text file for classes object

Hello everyone, I want to read my shape, and also the inheritance rectangle from a text file. I got an error : id returned 1 exit status. I'm still learning abo...
[4 replies] Last: I edit my code because i forgot to put the constructor rectangle. the ... (by closed account iN8poG1T)
Why std::copy changes my pointer position?

In the following context. `data` is a `uint8_t*` representing sequence of bytes. `Col` in a std::vector containing some `uint64_t`. Task: just to copy the `uin...
[4 replies] Last: You should post the complete code. (by helios)
I got infinite loop

Hello everyone, I try to read the text file which contains length and width for some area. I can read the file but i got infinite loop. may i know which part i ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you so much!!! @salem c @ducth I just realized i didnt set the v... (by closed account iN8poG1T)
Guessing game c++

Hi i am new here,i am trying to learn c++. I am making a number guessing game, the game check for valid input, if the guess is in range,if the guess allready ha...
[4 replies] Last: i have managed to reset count and managed to get other numbers randomi... (by maksoud)
Won't calculate correctly

Cindy uses the services of a brokerage firm to buy and sell stocks. The firm charges 1.5% service charges on the total amount for each transaction, buy or sell...
[3 replies] Last: GOT IT!! Thanks guys! (by ames1951)
January 2019 Pages: 1... 910111213... 17
  Archived months: [dec2018] [feb2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.