Beginners - January 2015 (Page 8)

Need help with my simple interest program

Im taking a C++ class, which was offered online only and my professor is bad communication. I need to: Write a program which calculates the value of a fix...
[3 replies] Last: I think @popeye is correct, if you guys saw the post I put i removed i... (by pick624)
Trouble with While loop

I am writing the following program to give the area of an certain chosen geometric object. The math seems fine, however when I try to run the program it goes th...
[4 replies] Last: The same bug in most of your if conditions. (by tcs)
Learning Classes/Inheritance - Need resolution by 10 pm 1/26/15

Hello everyone. I am new to programming and need help. Much of this program was built with my teacher and almost everything works. I am running into a problem w...
[2 replies] Last: #include <string.h> #include <string> #include <iostream> using name... (by PopEye)
detect repeated words example

Hello wonderful people of the internet! here is the code: #include "../../std_lib_facilities.h" int main () { string previous = " "; string current; whil...
[4 replies] Last: Hey guys I'm really sorry, I did in fact make a mistake. I had no idea... (by ilovejapanesegirls)
perror help

I can't figure out how I can use perror to show an error if a file already has read permission? Any input will help. Thank You. printf( (fileStat.st_mode &...
[2 replies] Last: You're not using perror correctly. http://www.cplusplus.com/referenc... (by AbstractionAnon)
Running into an issue

Hello, I am trying to get this While Loop to run, but it keeps only running 1x and then only if I put in a value of 0. If someone could please point out the...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you so much everyone, that really helped. :) (by my228rocks)
Console System("") Question

Hi, I am attempting to write a program that calls other programs and process the output of it. in my test case i am calling a never ending ping, when i th...
[11 replies] Last: MiiNiPaa: yep working on it ;} hehe. (by Precious roy)
by anup30
How to Initialize SDL2 in Orwell Dev C++

hello, you can use SDL 2.0.3 in Orwell Dev C++ 5.6.1 in following way (for 32bit): ( latest Dev C++: http://sourceforge.net/projects/orwelldevcpp/ ) 1)...
[10 replies] Last: so, ¿what's the difference between points 3 and 6 and between points... (by anup30)
Random Number Game

Write your question here. I am trying to make the random number game and have it so the user can set in min and max number to guess between as well as set the ...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah the minBound0 is a typo, woops. I will work on what you said, tha... (by Sheldon255)
Printing character arrays

As the character array "char* argsv " (the second argument for the main() method) contains the executable path in element , you can print the array of chara...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much. Reading more into this now! (by Mubeen Inamdar)
Void pointer explanation

I've been learning about pointers lately, and I was curious about some special cases of (incorrect) usage of void pointers. I made a code like this: in...
[2 replies] Last: @ OP: Just thought that I would mention; if you're trying to manipulat... (by Computergeek01)
Potentiation help.

i have x and y reserved as number 1 and 2 ...i managed to make a calculator but can't get the potentiation to work :/ if(symbol=='^') { do{ c=...
[1 reply] : c=x*x ..i forgot a comma..but not the case.. (by pinebery)
&& Rvalue ref

Hi , av got another question here about Rvalues and template parameters, should Rvalue references bound to template parameters allow modification of the argumen...
[4 replies] Last: Wow that explains it ,now i get it, Thank very much you sir for that. (by closed account SECMoG1T)
Why segmentation fault?

I've written the following code. When I give 8 2 3 4 4 2 1 3 1 it shows segmentation fault..why? #include<bits/stdc++.h> using namespace std; ...
[6 replies] Last: also, you don't really need n: for(int i=0; i<n; i++) n is act... (by mutexe)
CONVERTING HEX TO BYTE

I am a beginner in Crypto++ and i am trying to convert a hex string to a byte array. I have searched a whole lot on internet for this to little help. Here is my...
[2 replies] Last: if key in your second code is byte* then this: StringSource(key,... (by coder777)
HELP PLEASE ABOUT THE SOFTWARE.

please tell me how to download visual studio in my laptop with windows 8.1 . it takes too much of time when i download it with .exe file. If there is any othe...
[2 replies] Last: if its just a small program or just something to test ideas you could ... (by Jaybob66)
by Torm04
Pointers Help

Hello, I seem to be having some trouble learning pointers. (Specifically passing them through functions. I am trying to pass the declared pointers in askForCoin...
[1 reply] : hiya, firstly your function prototypes need to match up with your actu... (by mutexe)
Wierd error?

Hi, why does this simple class require me to have a constructor or destructor, it doesn't make sense. struct callable { template<typename T,typenam...
[4 replies] Last: Wow that's amazing @JLBorges great advice there, i swear av never tri... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
by sha92
Structures!!!

Hello, How can I call the String within this constructor? It gives me an error! #include<iostream> using namespace std; struct payrec { string nam...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you!!!! :) (by sha92)
Three letter game

Hello, beginner programming student here. Had a year long break due to deployment and became very rusty. Really disheartening as I thought my skills were improv...
[1 reply] : Just picking up on your comments in the code.... //not sure this is... (by Jaybob66)
January 2015 Pages: 1... 678910... 39
  Archived months: [dec2014] [feb2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.