Beginners - February 2019 (Page 10)

Help with structures

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong here. I'm trying to write an input function for the different parts of my structure data. struct pr...
[3 replies] Last: You forgot the newline after items.purchase . Make sure to specify a... (by Duthomhas)
"undefined reference to `zlibVersion'"

I'm currently trying to follow a sample code for curl, but I get this error: In function `curl_version.part.0': version.c:(.text+0x33): undefined reference ...
[3 replies] Last: It's yet another library. In this case, the zlib compression library. ... (by dutch)
Struct variables and arrays

Hi, I'm working with structs, and I'm trying to make an array to hold the data and cout it, but I'm not doing something correctly. I have no experience with st...
[4 replies] Last: Yes it does. I had to think about that for a minute since I've never u... (by jjordan33)
Openning A program through C++

Hello, what function can I use to open a program through C++ code?
[1 reply] : That depends on whether you need to communicate with the program after... (by dutch)
need help with some strange excercise, which includes >> operator

Hey pps! I am learning C++ now and stuck on a exercise, can understand it, like at all :( help me pls! So here os an example ://////////////////////////////////...
[1 reply] : LOL, not retarded, just new. The >> is the “ formatted extracti... (by Duthomhas)
Copying bytes using for loop

I'm trying to implement a growth function that initializes new byte array same as old, and share to 0 for new bits. For instance, if my old size is 12 and I set...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you that helped a lot. (by darkknight914)
create a 5x5 matrix using letters instead of numbers

alice21 I am not saying this to be rude or put you off, but you seem to be:   • ignoring forum etiquette (spamming multiple forums and posts for the same...
[6 replies] Last: Of course. You rock! C++ containers (including strings) are designed ... (by Duthomhas)
by Majosh
how to code a result table by allowing the user to enter the courses and all marks for the courses

< #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { int j1,j2,j3; int o1,o2,o3; int s1,s2,s3; int h1,h2,h3; ...
[3 replies] Last: i dint know why an error occurred What error? (by AbstractionAnon)
by ICantC
C++ templates

I'm trying C++ templates for the first time and I'm struggling to understand why I get this compilation error: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "pu...
[3 replies] Last: You cannot iterate through a parameter pack using a range-based for lo... (by Peter87)
please I need help with this assignment

Please, do not double post. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/250030/ Nevertheless, could you be a little more specific what kind of help do you need?
[3 replies] Last: @ alice21, the OP, deleted the post. Below is what the OP requested (O... (by chicofeo)
I need help with a project.

Ripoff University charges $3000 per semester for Canadian students and $10000 per semester for foreign students. In addition, dormitory fees for Canadian stude...
[1 reply] : char Choice, y, n; Choice, y, and n are uninitialised cin >> Choice... (by H00G0)
IMPLEMENTING AND EXERCISING A LINKED LIST

Hi I am programming about IMPLEMENTING AND EXERCISING A LINKED LIST, I have finished my code, but the program did not do what I want. This program responds...
[2 replies] Last: Hello studentCJ, To go along with and in addition to what coder77 has... (by Handy Andy)
syntax question

Hi! Sorry for the maybe silly question but I'm a bloody beginner in C/C++. What does the following line mean? I know the "if(..." statement but not the term aft...
[3 replies] Last: Great! Thank you! (by HeinKurz)
While Quitting Out Early

It it supposed to ask for the month, year, and total amount 5 times. After I enter two months it closes. It has something to do with too many characters, if I j...
[2 replies] Last: That worked perfectly! Thank you so much. I had already cleaned up the... (by ZestyCthulhu)
Overloaded Operators

I'm confused over how the overloaded operators decide which argument(s) is/are passed into overloaded operator. I have three examples below which detail three d...
[10 replies] Last: Peter87: Great. Thanks a lot for taking the time to make sure I had a ... (by calioranged)
cannot find -lcurl

I'm so confused by this. I'm trying to follow this curl example and get it to compile: https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/master/docs/examples/smtp-mail.c htt...
[5 replies] Last: Well a good place to start would be to go ask the person who set the a... (by salem c)
Trying to improve this code's readability

Hi! So I have a code like this: class Farm { public: Farm(); ~Farm(); Object farmObj; }; Where Object is a custom data type that holds various other ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the feedback guys! Jonnin's reply had me thinking for a bit... (by Angela1998)
Best C++ Books, I found over internet?

Hi, I am looking for the best C++ Books and found over the internet this post (https://hackr.io/blog/10-best-c-cpp-books ) and get the best books, Can anyone he...
[1 reply] : https://isocpp.org/wiki/faq/how-to-learn-cpp#buy-several-books (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
error: expected initializer before '<' token

I get this error and I'm not sure what the cause of it is, any help is appreciated. something.cpp:79:16: error: expected initializer before '<' token bool Fi...
[2 replies] Last: wow... yeah that was it, thanks. Skeleton code from professor came wit... (by ZirJohn)
Printing an array

I have an array filled with 1440 values. When I am reading in the file or outputting to a file, the values are being printed horizontally until it hits the wind...
[3 replies] Last: Hello nicholasjb1996, After testing I came up with this for what its ... (by Handy Andy)
February 2019 Pages: 1... 89101112... 23
  Archived months: [jan2019] [mar2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.