Beginners - February 2019 (Page 8)

C++ Project Ideas to Encourage Learning in Free Time

I'm learning the basics of C++ and I feel having a project to work on in my free time would greatly encourage me to learn the language more. I mean, learning ...
[5 replies] Last: @Duthomhas Ah okay. Haha, "someday"... I actually had a pretty good i... (by PiggiesGoSqueal)
Heap coruption problem

Hi guys.I am just giving a little part of code.I have problem with HEAP corruption after calling a destructor after debugging. class LongNumbers{ int *num...
[9 replies] Last: You're welcome. There might be other issues beyond that, I didn't dig ... (by Ganado)
HELP plz

How to build this question by using array? A function named isFound that takes three arguments: an array of integers, its size, and an integer and that retur...
[2 replies] Last: Hello JessicaMmz, bool isFound(int nums , int size, int numToFind) ... (by Handy Andy)
Help translating the given algorithm into code

Hey guys!I'm having issues being able to translate this given algorithm and putting it into code. I would appreciate some help at least understanding how to sta...
[10 replies] Last: It is hard getting used to.. because they really are just dumb mistake... (by franqjos000)
First and last name using char 2D array

Write your question here. //#include "pch.h" #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { char StudentName ; char...
[6 replies] Last: @jib >Do you realize that there are two different getline() functions... (by H00G0)
Can someone help me

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; double H( unsigned n, double x ) // "Physicist's" Hermite polynomial { if ( n == 0 ) retu...
[2 replies] Last: Thank-you @Cubbi! I was having to type the polynomials out laboriousl... (by lastchance)
by Alb13G
problem with nested conditional operators ? : problem

the integer is evenly divisible by 3,display "Woo". If the number is evenly divisible by 5, display "Hoo". If it is evenly divisible by both 3 and 5, display "...
[1 reply] : IF divisible by 5 THEN IF divisible by 3 THEN x ELSE z ELSE I... (by keskiverto)
Math Tutor

Hi I've been having issues trying to get the choice 5 to function properly. This program is supposed to function as a math tutor and after each choice input (ot...
[3 replies] Last: Hello ajohns2, After testing the program it appears to work with out ... (by Handy Andy)
Read from text doc and display conditional records

Goal is to read from a list of contacts denoted like the following: <contact> <name>George Clooney</name> <street>1042 El Camino Real</street> <cit...
[4 replies] Last: An example using boost::property_tree: address.xml - random data gene... (by Enoizat)
by cash
HELP

How WOULD I CHANGE THIS CODE SO THAT THE PROGRAM FINDS THE SMALLEST INTEGER THAT CAN BE EXPRESSED AS THE SUM OF SQUARES OF TWO DIFFERENT PATHS? #include <...
[8 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <set> #include <algorithm> using namespa... (by lastchance)
static local variable

Can I use local static vairable as shown below to allocate dynamic memory. I tried this but the compiler is giving error that the expected type specifier be...
[4 replies] Last: // some function { // an NxN matrix of double, initialised to all... (by JLBorges)
help in my home work

i need a program when the user enter positive numbers continue and when the user enter negative number the program break and cout the number which accept divisi...
[1 reply] : 1) You need an array of integers to hold the input 2) You need a loop ... (by Grime)
by ramp00
Overload problem

I'm trying to cout the vector temperatures, but I get the error: "no operator "<<" matches these operands. Operand types are: std::ostream << Temps" Would appr...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys (by ramp00)
Vector Copying Objects?

This program calls the 'standard constructor' twice and the copy constructor three times, but I really don't understand why. struct Vertex { int x, y; V...
[19 replies] Last: The call to the copy constructor is made inside the push_back functio... (by calioranged)
first name initials last name

Hi, I am working on a program that requires the user to input a string (full and last name) and the output has to be the first name initials and the full la...
[3 replies] Last: endl is the same as '\n' ( but that it also does a std::flush ), tha... (by Grime)
by yat89
Inserting a value in the middle of array

Hi everyone, I got a task to insert a value (1 or 2) into each row. But, the chosen value is based on the minimum distance from the previous number. And the...
[15 replies] Last: Er, your brain is too fuzzy. Get some sleep. (I’m going to do the sa... (by Duthomhas)
Writing a program that reads and writes registered classroom seats

I'm trying to write a program that uses an "input.txt" and outputs it to "output.txt". The file contains the course name, building code, room the number of seat...
[3 replies] Last: Before you decide on how you're going to read in the information, I wo... (by fiji885)
Rvalues and Lvalues?

I was wondering if you guys can help me get a better understanding of rvalues and lvalues. I know that lvalues can be used either left-handed or right-handed bu...
[1 reply] : Google "rvalues and lvalues" brings more stuff than you can imagine. ... (by salem c)
Tic tac toe help please

Hello Community, I am trying to build a simple tic tac toe game. And my issue is that my grid when I input a grid space the input is not read and I get an ec...
[1 reply] : > char square = { {'1','2','3'},{'4','5','6'},{'7','8','9'} }; You'... (by salem c)
Correct information? Yes or no Questions.

So if you look over my code you can see that I have the user restart the program, instead of that I want to create some sort of loop to start back to having the...
[1 reply] : Around all the code you want to repeat, put do { // code that may ... (by salem c)
February 2019 Pages: 1... 678910... 23
  Archived months: [jan2019] [mar2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.