Beginners - February 2018 (Page 24)

by vitcal
loop of trapezoidal integration

I would like to integrate the single columns of a matrix and insert the obtained values in a row vector. The procedure i have in mind is: 1 - select the first...
[no replies]
How to store words from the same text document into a char and a string array?

This is what I currently have while(!inFile2.eof()) { inFile2.getline(line, 256); char *pch = strstr(line, "//"); if (pch!...
[5 replies] Last: Nice code, too bad it isn't even close to following the assignment dir... (by jlb)
help please

Can somebody do the first 3 functions please. I am really in weak in programming but i have not choice to take it. GOD will praise you for helping this poor sou...
[1 reply] : sigh politics has invaded even programming assignments I see. Best st... (by jonnin)
by kp14
C++ : Issue with linking CryptoPP library

I have a main program which needs HMAC Token to communicate with another service. For generating HMAC Token I have a wrapper class which uses CryptoPP Library (...
[1 reply] : It looks like you provide an invalid template parameter. (by coder777)
Continue program after login?

Hey, ive been trying to get my actual program to work after this login screen here. But i simply cannot figure out how to do it, can anybody point me in the rig...
[2 replies] Last: Line 36 is wrong. It compares the address of the pass array with the a... (by dhayden)
How do i repeat this search?

I'm just wondering how to make this code repeat itself with another string afterwards. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> using...
[5 replies] Last: Something like this, i think is what you want /** * @file readSearc... (by longberns)
How do I stop a endless loop?

My program will load the main menu screen, but as soon as I input a menu selection it get stuck in an endless loop. Any help would be great! /* * To ch...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cctype> char menu() ... (by JLBorges)
'endl' and 'end' not recognised

Hi, I've just started a programming book. I've freshly installed Visual Studio Community on Windows 10. I've entered the code for the first 'Hello World' progra...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys very helpful! Back on track... for now ;) (by fassintaak)
Question about Headers and Source Files

So just today I learned how to use multiple of my own header and source files, how to use multiple sources, etc. and made a new version of my first C++ console ...
[3 replies] Last: Another important aspect is compile times. If your whole program was a... (by Peter87)
How to use strncpy?

The plan is to read the source code of another program, determine where the comments are(anything that has // before it), then replace the whole comment with sp...
[2 replies] Last: There is no need to replace comments with spaces. Just terminate your ... (by Thomas1965)
Program with c-string functions

I'm having trouble with my programming assignment These are the instructions http://voyager.deanza.edu/~bentley/cis22b/ass4.html Can anyone give me a (d...
[3 replies] Last: I tried to use getline, but it only works with string, not char. Th... (by jlb)
by bleah1
What is wrong here ?

What is wrong with this ? If all things are public why doesn't it work ? #include <iostream> using namespace std; class Base{ public: int x,y;...
[2 replies] Last: If you want Derived to have all the constructors that Base has you can... (by Peter87)
Debug

can someone help me debug this please. // Allows user to select an option and displays the price #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> void main() { ...
[1 reply] : This while(selection = 'x') is the problem. You assign 'x' to select... (by coder777)
Debug

can someone help me debug this please. // accumulates total sales from each of 10 salespeople #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> void main() { ...
[1 reply] : The problem is that the index 10 is out of bounds. Hence (when you ent... (by coder777)
Debug

Can someone help me debug this? // decides if word is in first or last half of alphabet #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> void main() { char word...
[2 replies] Last: You have several keywords misspelled: cot and edl . You seriously... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by cidex
Highest sum of array row

Hi, I have created this code that makes an 10x10 array grid and fills it with random numbers from 1 to 99. I also add up every row numbers together and see wha...
[5 replies] Last: So my problem is how I output the rows nr which has the highest sum? ... (by keskiverto)
by geo28t
Boolean functions with strings

SO i am in a bit of a predicament. For an assignement, I am asked to create a boolean function that includes a string (Specifically, one called bool (isValidEba...
[no replies]
Char

if i have a buch of char variables like char p1,p2...p35 and i want to assign each one a random number how can i do that.
[13 replies] Last: @fivestar Here's a program that outputs your desired program's sour... (by Ganado)
Write a function that computes how many digits two positive integers m and n have in common

I am very new at c++, and like I mentioned in the title, I have no ideas how to even start the problem, hope someone can help me. thanks a lot. Write a func...
[10 replies] Last: There’s no such thing as a “silly” question. You’ll keep askin... (by Duthomhas)
Why won't I get the sum?

So I'm doing a simple sum code and the user has to enter '-1' in order to get the total sum, but whenever I enter -1, it just repeats "Would you like to enter a...
[4 replies] Last: Hello ismaelxhuerta, There are a few things that need to be changed i... (by Misenna)
February 2018 Pages: 1... 2223242526... 28
  Archived months: [jan2018] [mar2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.