Beginners - February 2015 (Page 9)

need help with the if statement

w/e
[1 reply] : Sorry, I'm a little confused by how you want your output to look. Can... (by druid84)
Functions, reversing integers

I need to write a program to display a 4 integer number in reverse order, using a function. The program displays an error when running the while loop. Need ...
[8 replies] Last: cin >> num; reverse_sum = reverse(number); Look here. The user e... (by TarikNeaj)
these forums are useless

forums are places where people can gain information, discuss different topics and get help from those with experience. Ive noticed people here will do everythin...
[7 replies] Last: I believe I have the solution to your problem, @nevadarain. Now, norma... (by closed account 2LzbRXSz)
assignment; GPA computation

Hello, Please guys I need your help!! Am a newbie to c++ in i was given an assignment/ coursework to write a program that will calculate the GPA of student for...
[1 reply] : Watch Buckys videos - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAE85DE84... (by TarikNeaj)
Incomplete program

Consider the following program in which the statements are in the incorrect order. Rearrange the statements so that the program prompts the user to input the he...
[1 reply] : Are we supposed to do your homework? because we dont do that here. (by TarikNeaj)
Hello I'm new to programming

I'm stuck on a project I'm working on, could someone tell me what to fix? The goal of the project is this "Write a C++ program that will read a file of integers...
[7 replies] Last: My pleasure :) Goodluck to you. (by TarikNeaj)
problems with finding Max

I don't really have a code to input- my major problem is that I am trying to find the max number of 10 inputs. so far I know that the user is going to input 10...
[3 replies] Last: Another way of minding the Max is this - int x ; for (int i = 0;... (by TarikNeaj)
by wscjr1
corrupted strings passed by FIFO (named pipes)

[Mac OS X, Xcode 6.6.1] I'm communicating between two separate processes using FIFOs (named pipes). I've greatly simplified the code for this forum, so that th...
[3 replies] Last: All fixed! Thank you very much for the expert advice. (by wscjr1)
Need a vertical bar graph program working for user input

I am making a vertical bar graph program, and I managed to get one working, only it uses hardcoded numbers. I need it to take user input, and tried to get it to...
[15 replies] Last: I made progress: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main (... (by keltonfan2)
by Stolle
2D array problem

Hello I'm getting a problem with my 2d array, I'm getting a 90 degree wrong angle from the 2d array for example when I try this code javascript:tx('this->matrix...
[1 reply] : Hmm. You write "matrix ", but on line 31 you write "matrix ". Confu... (by keskiverto)
String assignment

Okay so I'm having trouble with this assignment. ------------------- Prompt the user to enter 3 words. Once you have all 3 words output them to the screen, i...
[4 replies] Last: I see your point. Hopefully kikmeking returns to clarify the intent. (by closed account D80DSL3A)
while and string

how can I put a string in a while loop
[2 replies] Last: I'm trying to convert roman numeral to regular numbers(ex. III=3) by u... (by axel609)
if else statement

Hey guys i'm looking through a program that my instructor has put online for us to use as an example but i'm having trouble understanding a small piece of it, c...
[3 replies] Last: Glad I could help! :) (by TarikNeaj)
Serial julian date

I have an error on line 7 this is what it is telling me. I do not know if the code works because I can not build it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Err...
[6 replies] Last: Wow I feel stupid! Thanks again for the help and I will take your "goo... (by Dbcavalier)
rand()

I understand everything here, I coded it the only thing im not 100% sure on is randomNumber = (rand() % 6) + 1 why do people use a modulus to get a number bet...
[3 replies] Last: Its the C style way of doing things. There is a better way for c++. Bu... (by TarikNeaj)
help me i'm a beginner

Help me to resolve this code. The purpose of this program is that the user types a letter until he finds the good letter chosen by the program with the while...
[2 replies] Last: Its kinda hard to understand the code. You probably mean this - char ... (by TarikNeaj)
by bhalo
getline problem

say i will input 5 sepate strings. then the program outputs, "input string 1: input string 2:" why 2 at the same time? #include <iostream> #include...
[3 replies] Last: thanks, cin.ignore(); worked. #include <iostream> #include <st... (by bhalo)
Help with the question

Hi, this is my first time learning programming and i am just trying out some practice questions but having some trouble with this question.Thank You. Your help ...
[10 replies] Last: @anup30 I dont understand what you're trying to say? Yes, -50 divide... (by TarikNeaj)
No Output

So I was writing a rock paper scissors game for fun/practice and I came across an issue that I can't figure out. I'm using CodeLite 6.1.1 with the mingw compile...
[1 reply] : It is working perfectly fine for me on Visual Studio 2013. There is no... (by TarikNeaj)
Writing a function to multiply 2 matrices?

Write a function that multiplies two matrices together and then displays the result. You can assume that both matrices are 5 x 5 matrices. Write a program that ...
[5 replies] Last: Yes, that is correct. See you other thread for my continuing answer.... (by Duthomhas)
February 2015 Pages: 1... 7891011... 52
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.