Beginners - February 2015 (Page 7)

by Dkob1
data txt file, display and void

How do I copy/find data, display records in uppercase, and find averages using void function? I'm not sure if I'm doing it right either. Main problem is finding...
[no replies]
by Jweim
Trouble Printing Contents of Enum

I'm writing a program that will simply print out the month of January for 2015. What I've done is to create two enums, one with just the month of January and on...
[1 reply] : Line 14: day shouldn't really be a enum here. You defined your enum a... (by AbstractionAnon)
base 2 to base 4

hello! for homework i'm writing a function that converts a decimal number to Quaternary form. i have written a function that converts decimal to binary. is ther...
[4 replies] Last: nevermind i figured it out. it was actually this. #include <iostream... (by CaptainChurro)
Help with string/getline/ignore functions

Hey y'all! I am extremely new to programming and am really struggling in my class. I've finally caught up with basic, simple programs, but now we're learning a...
[1 reply] : > and I just don't understand ¿ what you don't understand? Suppose ... (by ne555)
by monday
Convert mbcs to unicode(?)

Hi, how can I change the following lines to get rid of an error? char processName = "ac_client.exe"; PROCESSENTRY32 pe32 = { sizeof(PROCESSENTRY32) }; (.....
[no replies]
Project Euler I

I can't seem to find the error in the code that's producing a ridiculously wrong answer, I know the answer is 6 digits long as I did it before but lost the old ...
[3 replies] Last: C++ no primitive types are initialised. When you create a variable it'... (by TheBeardedQuack)
"resizable" array

I'm trying read an array of a size unbeknownst to me.To start reading in the values of the array, I start out with a size of 10, and when I reach capacity I cal...
[4 replies] Last: Yeah, what these guys say. To fix the argument problem, use a refere... (by Duthomhas)
Code IF fragments which I need help.

I am not sure on how to do these, i got a quiz on them and was wondering if anyone could help. Write a code fragment that prompts tries to parse an hourly ...
[2 replies] Last: Write a code fragment that will display the value of double variable g... (by trying2code)
Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'ThetaMatrix' was corrupted.

I have written this code to multiply rotation matrices together. However, I keep getting a "Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'ThetaMatrix' ...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags when posting code. Highlight the code and then cl... (by dhayden)
Help with Looping?

I figured it would probably help more if I posted the physical code on here for help. The idea behind it is that this is a random number generator that chooses ...
[5 replies] Last: I alreayd gave the answer and his code works fine now. Im not sure why... (by TarikNeaj)
how to use the break and continue

help my the code i want to display this number in odds and even enter a number 2 the display is 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 <<< odd and the next is ...
[1 reply] : Clarify the problem; your question is enigmatically asked (by wacuuu)
Mistakes in code

I need to find the mistakes in this code, but I can't work it out and would very appreciate some help. don't mind weird letters :) #include <iostream> using ...
[2 replies] Last: Decimal numbers in C++ use "." to separate the integer and fraction pa... (by dhayden)
Something wrong with a percentage formula?

Hi, I have coded with program for my college assignment, but it looks like there is something wrong with my percentage formula. It always shows percentage as "...
[4 replies] Last: You're very welcome :) Goodluck to you. (by TarikNeaj)
Reading .txt file HELP

I am given a .txt file and it contains two columns of multiple numbers separated by some spaces. The first column is an identification number while the followin...
[2 replies] Last: To compute the average GPA, you'll need to keep track of the sum of th... (by dhayden)
Very New to Programming

Hi I'm new to programming and i need help with a lab, can someone PLEASE help me. By the way I'm learning c++ on mac These are the directions: a program that...
[3 replies] Last: Think about how you would solve this problem. Write down what you need... (by androidguy1)
help me add ounces to pints conversion to my program

I already have ounces to cups complete, but i do not understand how to make it ask me if i want to convert the ounces to pints and then do the conversion. Also,...
[1 reply] : Since you want to provide two different conversions, you're going to n... (by AbstractionAnon)
by Gi Pa
ostream problem

Hi to every one and sorry for the umpteenth stupid question. I'm working on the drill exercise of the 9 chapter of the Stroustrup c++ book, the book provide a c...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you again, I've understand that the posted code isn't complete..... (by Gi Pa)
Unhandled exception, file stream

It displays alright. But then when I try to terminate the program it throws exception "Unhandled exception at 0x5036CCC8 (msvcp110d.dll) in VotingSys.exe: 0xC00...
[3 replies] Last: Do you have any suggestion for the problem? I made a suggestion abo... (by AbstractionAnon)
Sorting Help

So I need help with sorting values in arrays descending or ascending doesn't really matter just as long as I get to know how to sort them. Basically I need t...
[1 reply] : You'll know how to sort by the end of this video - https://www.youtube... (by TarikNeaj)
by msrt92
How To Use Google API With Programing Language

I want to create my final year project on google map API. TO create route and their distance. Time estimation. Petrol consumption. Total Cost. Multiple locati...
[no replies]
February 2015 Pages: 1... 56789... 52
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.