Beginners - February 2012 (Page 35)

by mrshah
Joining multiple data types?

Hi everyone. I'm working on a project - a "sudoku solver." I'm not very well-trained, never taken a C++ class or anything, but have been slowly picking things u...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! I did not know the array class could be co-opted like that.... (by mrshah)
I Can't Stop Using Goto Statments-Help!

Hey, I've only been programming for a short time and though I realize it is bad,its hard to stop using goto statements. Im playing around with a simple text-ba...
[3 replies] Last: If programmers did Jerry Springer, the title of this thread would be o... (by MrHutch)
by sninf
compile error with multiple source files and a header file

I want to separate some functions from the main function source file, but I find that I cannot compile the program after doing the separation, can someone tell ...
[3 replies] Last: Hi Stewbond, thanks for your reply! for 1). In fact, I only know tha... (by sninf)
Display Directory

I have made a simple program that displays the directory but i just want it to display the files with the extention .txt Does anyone know how to modify this to ...
[6 replies] Last: I was working on the same thing last night. This was my solution: ht... (by Stewbond)
by leeffm
Help under standing parts of code

I need help understanding these parts of my code, i wrote it for school but dont know what some parts are for. I dont know what bool does , or (int m) bool...
[1 reply] : I dont know what bool does , or (int m) bool MoveIsValid (int m); ... (by Stewbond)
Start an external program in C++

How can I start up an external program like Firefox using my C++ program? Preferably avoiding system(). I read someplace to use CreateProcess() but when I trie...
[9 replies] Last: Oh, is Google Chrome stupid like Norton? I can't seem to get it to wor... (by TruYadoo)
class member functions and output..HELP!

ok here's my deal... i'm a student learning classes and my assignment has me using a default constructor to create an object of class Date and then using a clas...
[8 replies] Last: GOTCHA! BINGO! ok i see what you were talking about declaring mo,dy,yr... (by C Theroux)
by PL285
construct help

Can someone please show me how I would change the DailyTemps::load_temps() member function to a constructor? also how would I change the set_temp member functio...
[1 reply] : Hint: You need to change the name of the function to something else an... (by Albatross)
error C2668: 'sqrt' : ambiguous call to overloaded function

i am teaching myself how to use C++ and i keep getting this error and i am not sure what the error means can some one help this is my code the error is in line ...
[3 replies] Last: There is sqrt(int) in standard C++ now, hopefully Visual Studio will... (by Cubbi)
Template based Linked list

Hello, I am writing a template based linked list for a class and am running into some issues. I dont know why but just including my LinkedListT.h file in my ...
[2 replies] Last: The header guard should be in your header, and the implementation (cpp... (by closed account DSLq5Di1)
Calculating standard deviation of 3 numbers

Okay so I've written the code to calculate standard deviation of 3 numbers and I don't know what's going wrong here... :s I have to use these three functions to...
[3 replies] Last: You would have to test it a little more and add some error checking bu... (by histrungalot)
I have about 20 minutes to submit this assignment, help greatly appreciated.

can anyone tell me why it won't compile in unix ? heres my program: // ------------------------------------------------------------------ // File name: ...
[4 replies] Last: figured it out, couple of variables my teacher gave us to use weren't ... (by byronflds)
by nova
need help! math problem cant get values to sum

Hi, i know im not supposed to post HW questions but i am out of time and i cant figure my problem out. My task was to create a ATM menu for deposits and to ...
[10 replies] Last: So i have decided that the operation "do" should be the best. I have ... (by nova)
by hm8
Programming Assignment Help

I have this beginning programing assignment and I'm really stuck...any help would be useful. In the output that follows, a C++ program prompted a user for tw...
[4 replies] Last: Lol, I had just figured it out xD If you still need help, I'd be glad... (by SuperSonic)
Questinator

#include <string> #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() {srand(time(0)); string t; char playAgain='y'; cout <<"I am the Questionator! Ask...
[3 replies] Last: TY I FIXED IT WITH YOUR HELP. THANK YOU! UR MY NEW BEST BUDDY :D. (by Anmol444)
error variables being used without initialization

yeah im completely new to c++ as in i started last week in school so the function of the program I have written is to take a five digit integer and display e...
[1 reply] : Well, it seems you have several logical errors with your program. You... (by firedraco)
Calculator

#include<iostream> #define pi 3.142 using namespace std; int GCD(int g, int d) { while( 1 ) { g= g% d; if( g == 0 ) return d; ...
[2 replies] Last: Thankyou for the feedback. Ill consider it. (by Anmol444)
question about summing

i got a realyl stupid question, i know i shoudln't ask this but somehow i just forgot how to code anymore. i want to sum the array from [1,0] to [1,7] ...
[3 replies] Last: int Array = {1,2,3,4,5,6,2}; int Counter = 0; int Limit = 7; int ... (by Hippogriff)
Nested For Loops

My goal is to get a starting number and an ending number from a user. The numbers are between 0-9. If the starting number is 1 then 1 is printed once. If the ...
[3 replies] Last: Here you go: #include <iostream> using namespace std; ... (by WhiteWind)
Issue with List structure

I just started to learn about Linked list and came across the following code: Class IntNode { public: ... private: int Data; IntNode...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks fun 2 code! Finally I understand why a pointer needs to be pass... (by superaitaotao)
February 2012 Pages: 1... 3334353637... 64
  Archived months: [jan2012] [mar2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.