Beginners - February 2012 (Page 25)

by morper
C++ how to efficiently multiply a range of numbers

Hey! I recently started learning C++, and as a beginner I have had alot of use of this forum since so many of beginner-type of questions have been asked and ...
[4 replies] Last: Well, I suppose the time didn't completely go to waste. Then again I d... (by hanst99)
Adding zero with modulus division

A simple question that I cannot solve is putting a zero in front of less than 10 digit number for time. Example: Turn 327 minutes to hours and minutes Thi...
[2 replies] Last: Solution #1 - uses manipulator functionality (from <iomanip>) Note th... (by andywestken)
Exception Handling

I was going through the exception handling tutorial on this site. Can somebody please explain the difference between the below two approaches? class myexcep...
[4 replies] Last: > Can somebody please explain the difference between the below two app... (by JLBorges)
A wierd error in a 16 line code.

So today I am learning about objects and classes, and for some reason I get an error in the return 0; Can someone please help? class ALEXSCLASS { ...
[1 reply] : You've got no semi-colon at the end of line 14. (by Moschops)
by lare26
SFML RenderTarget& Problem

I cannot figure out how to draw my object using my own Object class using SFML. Here is my class: Object.h #ifndef OBJECT_H #define OBJECT_H #includ...
[6 replies] Last: Can you please explain what you mean by decoupled from the gui? I thou... (by lare26)
book store inventory system

include <iostream.h> #include <iomanip.h> #include <conio.h> class library { char author ,title ; int price ; char pub ; int s; public: void getd...
[2 replies] Last: its working fine... I checked it, for de c++ , you might have to add n... (by Waqar Ahmed)
scope of if statements

For practice I'm trying to make a program that chooses a U.S. president at random, presents the name to the user, and then lets the user input a number correspo...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much, that did the trick! (by Freddyboy)
data struct using strings

Hi, my problem is that when I execute it, it would not put people name and grade how I want it to be. for example name grade J...
[1 reply] : You need to get rid of the quotes where you print the student's name a... (by shacktar)
by hwuy
check for int

hello homies do any of yall know how to check something is a int or float int main() { int n; int num; cout << "what is the numb...
[6 replies] Last: What code are you talking about? Example: #include <iostream> ... (by hamsterman)
Lvalue And Rvalue

Once iam sitting here reading about these two types of value and i don't understand the difference. can someone help me out?
[3 replies] Last: Thomas Becker in http://thbecker.net/articles/rvalue_references/sectio... (by JLBorges)
trouble compiling class object code

I have been working on the following program for days, most the time i have spent trying and failing to get my code to compile, my code is as follows #includ...
[3 replies] Last: I believe one problem would be not separating the parameters in your o... (by aas09f)
invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'int'

invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'int' help! i keep getting error Im using myprogramming lab, the problem is this: The variables arr1 and arr2 have been d...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for tell me where the problem was at, started to play with line... (by Christian Mejia)
array elements

So i have been reading about arrays , and they gave me the definition of an array element , but i still can't manage to understand what they are referring to c...
[6 replies] Last: Keep in mind, you can't add two arrays together or anything like that. (by BrokenSilenceDev)
Pointers or Dynamic Memory?

So with pointers this is possible? Or is this dynamic memory? Because the string is only made once per file, and therefore once per object, but the x variable w...
[2 replies] Last: I don't know how to use std::vector. So that code would compile? ... (by BrokenSilenceDev)
Using gotoxy in a loop.

for (int floor = 1; floor <= max_floors; floor++) gotoxy(25,1 + floor); cout << "Number of rooms on floor " << floor << ":" << endl; cin >> number__floor; ...
[7 replies] Last: @hanst99 Yeah, I never thought of it that way. I never tried using ar... (by BrokenSilenceDev)
by R N
Sorting words alphabetically using if/else statements

Hello guys. I am just a few weeks into my C++ course. I am working on an assignment in which the user has to input three names into the console and then they ha...
[3 replies] Last: When I compile it, it works. I'm thinking you only replaced the if w... (by CJC0117)
Mingw can't compile

Okay... I installed the Mingw compiler and I can't run it for some reason. Isn't the command 'g++ helloworld.cpp -o helloworld.exe' valid? Apparently not, a...
[10 replies] Last: You can also just add the MinGW folder to your PATH variable and call ... (by hanst99)
How to use Arrays to keep track of gigantic numbers

I am planning on creating a prime number generator, my only problem is this: how am I going to keep track of the gigantic prime numbers? I want to use an array ...
[3 replies] Last: I'd recommend not reinventing the wheel and just going with a bignum l... (by LB)
Looking for an IDE

Hello I spent a lot of time in school and private learning how to program and i think I am ready for a real project (alone or in a Team). My problem: I d...
[9 replies] Last: GEANY FTW! Thank you all for your help. I choose Geany because it giv... (by trollface)
Printing a Multidimensional Array

Hello, I am quite new to C++ and have had some experience with it, the question I have is How do you get this to work? #include <iostream> #include <string> ...
[2 replies] Last: Oops Thank you very much It works now (by Pirogun)
February 2012 Pages: 1... 2324252627... 64
  Archived months: [jan2012] [mar2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.