Beginners - February 2012 (Page 23)

Help

Write a program that when a user enters three numbers, the program will tell the user whether those three numbers can form a triangle. (Hint: use logic && opera...
[9 replies] Last: It ran on including <conio.h>. @Greywolf: I'm not sure why they pref... (by freakinghell)
by shangy
Calculate the average of a group of test scores, where the lowest score in the group is dropped

Trying to get this program to calculates the average of a group of test scores, where the lowest score in the group is dropped. I've been on this program for...
[6 replies] Last: > I did this program in 30 sec!: So? What else is new? > it seems... (by JLBorges)
Please help me >>>

Please .... I want this code to print on the screen the number ( 0957929396 ) I don't want where is the mistake ??? Please Help Me ... #include<iostream> ...
[5 replies] Last: I don't know exactly how to thank you >>> I just will refer to some po... (by AKhateeb)
No Operator ">>" matches these Operands

Hi all, this is my first time posting on this site. I am in need of some help. I have to write a program that prompts the user to enter the number of students ...
[4 replies] Last: When the user enters an invalid class size, your code doesn't stop. Th... (by Moschops)
Getting the Array size

Hi I am currently reading characters into an array which I set the size as 50...but I am doing it from input so the characters inputted may not always be 50..so...
[7 replies] Last: Here is an example that will end a character string wit zero (0) or ('... (by Perman)
Namespace in library not declared?

Hey, ok, here's the problem: I made a min.cc which define a simple function: #include "min.hh" namespace mylib { int min (int a,int b){ if(a<b){ re...
[7 replies] Last: Can someone explain why? A function that uses another functions needs... (by coder777)
What am I doing wrong with this array?

So in this method im trying to make a decimal to binary method that I can use later. when ever I enter a number for a I get some weird stuff for an output. like...
[8 replies] Last: Since itoa() function is NOT an ANCI C++ function, here id another way... (by Perman)
dynamic memory confuse

here is a thing.. i use a dynamic memory to control list of menus a user can choose. but i also want to use another dynamic memory to control how many times a u...
[18 replies] Last: hahaha.. got it already.. #include <numeric> ... then.. sum=std::a... (by yhangel)
Class scope

Hi all, I'm new to classes and need a hand if you don't mind. :) I'm creating a set of three classes - one class contains a couple of vectors filled with poin...
[3 replies] Last: Exactly. new allocates memory on the free store whereas automatic var... (by moorecm)
Swap function.

Can someone explain to me, or even show me how to write a complete function that swaps the values of two specified array elements.Thank you.
[3 replies] Last: viliml , While using std::swap is the way that you should swap eleme... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Writing Several 2D Arrays Into Text

I've written a 2D Jacobi solver and I'm trying to write all my 2D arrays into a text file. I'm trying to write all the 2D arrays into a text file. I tried putti...
[no replies]
program not working as it should

The text of the problem sound like this(rough translation): You introduce from keyboard natural numbers until you enter 2 times consecutively the same number. ...
[5 replies] Last: fifo: first in first out. example: 0) hello 1) qwerty 2) some other ... (by Jikax)
by xKeb
Using a for loop to average numbers.

I need to use a for loop to do this problem. Write a program that reads a specified number of floating point numbers from the user and prints their average....
[5 replies] Last: Nice one! This is exactly what I need. (by hyann17)
by EeAA
problem with "cin.getline"

I have a problem with "cin.getline", please help! It's not getting a value. //"MayanNumber.cpp" #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cmath> #i...
[4 replies] Last: thank you! it works))) (by EeAA)
I'm Horrible at Passing Arguments ):

Recurring problem, sigh. This time I want to pass char Map into a function. I can get reasonably close kinda-sorta, but alas. This was my guess: ...
[8 replies] Last: Oh man, I got confused because it didn't work using MrMap like timmy... (by WhiteWind)
STL - Vector

Can somebody please explain what the second parameter means, or point me towards a reference where I can read about it. Thank you. template < class T, class...
[4 replies] Last: I read a bit about it..I get it now..Thanks (by dolphin spa)
bubble sort

hi, I am making a program about bubble sort and my problem is the biggest number you entered becomes 0 in the process, can someone help me bout this, this is m...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much for your help i made it this way: for(int i = 0; i ... (by acing15)
Put alphabet in vector

I need to put every letter of the alphabet in a vector isolated, so like this: |A||B|C|D|...|X|Y|Z| How would I go about doing this efficiently?
[4 replies] Last: Yes, it works. The behavior required for iterators is satisfied by no... (by cire)
Match Solution Output Exactly

Here is my code: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> using namespace std; int main () { int numStudents; cout << "Enter cla...
[1 reply] : You can preserve the format of your code by enclosing it in [ code ] [... (by cire)
help with some errors!

Write a program that when a user enters three numbers, the program will tell the user whether those three numbers can form a triangle. #include <iostream> #...
[3 replies] Last: Check the condition you are testing for. It is wrong. The second and t... (by Bararuloke)
February 2012 Pages: 1... 2122232425... 64
  Archived months: [jan2012] [mar2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.