Beginners - February 2012 (Page 18)

by atjm88
int a, int b, int c/int &a, int &b, int &c??

#include <iostream> #include <conio> void duplicate (int &a, int &b, int &c) { a*=2; b*=2; c*=2; } int main() { int x=1,y=3,z=7; dupl...
[7 replies] Last: my code that you are trying to use, the squared values of the numbers ... (by oonej)
I cannot run properly my C++ programme

When I enter all the number in my C++ programme. Right before the output print out , the below statement will be show. A dbgheap code will be shown also and the...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you coder777, you have helped me a lot lot lot lot lot ! Now I ... (by kyky365)
A question!

QUESTION IS Write a function in C++ which accepts an integer array and its size as arguments/parameters and exchanges the values of first half side elements...
[3 replies] Last: Oh got it... Thanks I rewrote it like this.. the question demands thi... (by prestige)
by Lio
Very confused about pointers

Hi ,I am very confused with pointers. Why are we passing to the function *& I red that they are canseling each other void addNodes (vote *&startPtr,vote *&c...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a lot Can I read that (*&startPtr) value of the address star... (by Lio)
Not sure what the error message means

This is an assignment for a class I am taking, and I am having trouble with the error message I am getting. The idea is to have the program perform the followi...
[5 replies] Last: I'm glad we could help! I started programming long before there was t... (by kooth)
Puzzling compiler issue when making a class

Ok, I'm in my second month of C++ at Keiser University. Our final project is to make a console application of the board game Battleship, putting nearly all the ...
[10 replies] Last: I've got that part mostly working now. I was missing a constructor and... (by RSwordsman)
C++ connecting to sqlite

Hi, c++ newb, here, fluent in PHP and MySql but having a hard time getting started with c++ and sqlite... I've created a table in sqlite with two rows and i...
[3 replies] Last: thanks! I'll check this out at work (by telepunk)
Adding days to entered date, simple.

Hi Im completely stuck on this, I need to create an algorithm that takes a day/month and number of days that you want to add and returns the date. Ive been ...
[3 replies] Last: no the array belongs in the nextDay() function. this task is slightly... (by coder777)
by lare26
ENUM not previously declared

I am getting these errors: C:\Daily Tax Exempt\Guest.h|24|error: use of enum 'GetPayment' without previous declaration| C:\Daily Tax Exempt\Guest.h|24|erro...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks again for your help hamsterman. :) (by lare26)
by ndpndp
String concatenation

Hi i am new to programming and trying to write a simple program which is able to read the txt file line by line and append e3 at the end of each line. Can anyon...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks it was able to do the job :) (by ndpndp)
by Smoke
Initialisation of Const int *

How do I initialise const int* with data?
[1 reply] : int i = 5; const int* p1 = &i; //or const int* p2 = new int(7)... (by hamsterman)
by atjm88
Basic Function Name

#include <iostream> #include <conio> void printmessage (); int main() { printmessage(); getch(); return 0; } void printmessage() { cout<<"I'm a func...
[3 replies] Last: @gelatine I wanted to know each of the 3 answer for the code above... ... (by atjm88)
Text based RPG - Choice issue

Hello C++ Forums, I have recently takes up learning C++ in my spare time. I have a small background in other types of coding, but have only been working with...
[8 replies] Last: I strongly suggest you use classes. http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tu... (by lare26)
please explain this c++ program?

/*Program to find GCD and LCM of given two numbers*/ #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> int gcd(int m,int n) {while(m!=n) {if(m>n) m=m-n; else n=...
[4 replies] Last: because of this:" while(m!=n) { if(m>n) m=m-n; else n=n-... (by Jikax)
by Ch1156
Char problem

Im working on my vector and trying to create a error catcher of sorts. but my char wont work, i dont get it here it is: #include <iostream> #include <vec...
[11 replies] Last: bump ok i tried a few things and they didnt work. I tried making a str... (by Ch1156)
Need help with an assignment...

Hello all, me and two other students were assigned a group project to work on and we are struggling to find out what is wrong with our program. We are getting r...
[2 replies] Last: uhm just post it here. you have space for 8192 characters and i dont b... (by gelatine)
Best test for duplicate values? (1,2)

I am writing a program that requires a function to test for duplication of values in a vector. I have a vector of nine integer values. What I want is to test t...
[22 replies] Last: You know, going back through the posts, I think you're probably right ... (by cire)
by alesr
pointer help!

I created a record type program that keeps the record of multiple patients in seperate files, these records include full name and other details. It goes somethi...
[1 reply] : Maybe something like this: char* record1 = fullname; record1+40 = ot... (by Stewbond)
where to learn

okay i have read most of the beginner c++ code and i dont understand much of it i fiddle with some of the examples in their in VS but i lack comphrehsion was wo...
[1 reply] : Have you checked out the C++ tutorial available here on cplusplus.com?... (by benjamin d)
by M987
create txt to cdemo.cpp

Hi! I have a question, how can I open a text document to c++? What i do is that I create a text document in the working folder, then change the name to cdemo.cp...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.thenewboston.org/watch.php?cat=16&number=66 if you are lo... (by Need4Sleep)
February 2012 Pages: 1... 1617181920... 64
  Archived months: [jan2012] [mar2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.