Beginners - February 2012 (Page 17)

by KS05
Search Different Directions in 2d Array

I need help searching a matrix in multiple directions. I have a 4 x 4 matrix and I want to search for the word 'cat'. In this example 'cat' is in the puzzle twi...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you this has helped tremendously! (by KS05)
How Do I Stop the Assignment/Operator '+='

Dear All, I really need to know how to stop my skater image descending off the visable screen. how do i stop the += assignment for the y axis when my picture...
[2 replies] Last: Bounds checking. Before you draw, check to see if the variable is abov... (by ciphermagi)
by CMinus
New Way to Implement Sieve of Eratosthenes !!

All the Implementation I saw had used Vector Library Which I don't know how to use !! So I made A little Code without using Vectors !! Tell me ur Opinions Note...
[11 replies] Last: I think Both of them will work :) Have a good day !! (by CMinus)
by codrgi
dll problem

im in the middle of learning how to create and execute a dll file, however my dll is not attaching onto my target exe program, when im debugging the dll, its no...
[1 reply] : Are you attaching to a debug build of the dll or release build? (by clanmjc)
c++ problem

Hello I would need your help in building a simple piece of program. I'm working on a program that reads out of a txt file data that looks like this: a ...
[17 replies] Last: Why not just use my code? The sort algorithm uses something a little ... (by Stewbond)
Beginner to C++/DragonFireSDK NEED HELP!

Hey all, Recently I have started developing a game in which you are a skateboarder and have to ollie (jump over) objects I have a number of questions, please r...
[1 reply] : Anyone? please (by Mallinexor)
Two confusing errors

Getting these errors in my .h file that I can't explain: PrefixNode.h:15: error: field ‘next’ has incomplete type PrefixNode.h:17: error: two or more ...
[2 replies] Last: The compiler reports that you cannot define members of type PrefixNode... (by vlad from moscow)
Crash When Deleting Pointer in Destructor

Hello all, I'm trying to write myself a class at the moment, and have come across a crash when I call a destructor. I'm sure it's simply my lack of detailed ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks very much - that absolutely was it! I'm still new to writing c... (by Wheels2050)
Why i can't access dynamic array value from class member function?

Hi, im trying to create static library with a class that uses dynamic array, and want to return value from array (TYPE *type). Why i can set the value and retur...
[7 replies] Last: Finally i found where the problem was. I recovered the code before i r... (by skywriter)
by atjm88
#include "stdafx.h"???

In VSC++, If I create a project with "Empty project" which is without "Precompiled header", the project will be empty, but if I wanted to use that #include "st...
[13 replies] Last: Thanks coder777 and Disch I think I understand already... just anoth... (by atjm88)
IsNumeric equivalent in C++

//Prompting user for numbers cout << "Please input two numbers" << endl; cin >> num1; cin >> num2; I am developing a simple C++ calculator f...
[6 replies] Last: I refer to line 41 - 49 specifically. I got "Please input the first... (by atacess)
by thair
insert function

hi guys could someone explain me how this function work void insert(float a , int& n, float x) { int j=n; while (j>0 && a[j-1]>x) a[j--] = a[j-1]; a = x...
[12 replies] Last: Hmmm, I thought that the suffix increment took priority over the assi... (by Disch)
very strange error

i have a program that just rewrites my numbers ( dont think about the practical use of this) and heres my input and ouput. 23 30 //input 2 23 30 // here i...
[8 replies] Last: When I run this program, i and j have garbage all the way up to the en... (by roberts)
searching space in a char

i need a function where i can find the space. this is what i have. but when i compile it it shows no errors but when i enter something it shows nothing can some...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char ... (by AARGH)
Can someone please review this simple code

2 dimensional arrays have been killing me so far. One dimensional seems pretty straight forward,but once i start thinking 2 dimensional i get stuck . concerns:...
[3 replies] Last: @whitenite1 i am sorry...i did not copy and pasted the code correctly ... (by anon2343)
by atjm88
Simple Math

#include <iostream> #include <conio> #include <math> int main() { double x=0.25; cout<<"x^(1/2) is "<<pow(x,(1/2))<<endl; //answer should be 0.5 (b...
[9 replies] Last: Yes, that's a function definition. (by hamsterman)
by KBC
Some examples of programs with use of class

Can someone help me to learn class i dont know how to use class in program can someone please post some programs having class function.
[6 replies] Last: Thanks it helped me enough (by KBC)
Need some help with polymorphism and overloading the extraction operator

I have a basic shape class hierarchy shape 2dShape 3dShape square, circle, triangle, cube, sphere ...
[4 replies] Last: > virtual std::ostream& print( std::ostream& stm ) const = 0 ; > cou... (by JLBorges)
by rtom40
function pass control

Can anyone help me with this?.... How does a function pass control back to the calling function?
[7 replies] Last: ok ty I couldnt remember which (by Aramil of Elixia)
by atjm88
Need declare??

#include <iostream> #include <conio> int subtraction (int,int); int main () { int x=5,y=3,z; z=subtraction (7,2); cout<<"The first result is ...
[6 replies] Last: @atjm88: More than asking simple Yes/No questions you should actually... (by webJose)
February 2012 Pages: 1... 1516171819... 64
  Archived months: [jan2012] [mar2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.