Beginners - February 2012 (Page 12)

by Ken777
the size of a doghouse with 1 sqrt feet 15,50 and the user enters their amount budgeted for the dog house

Can some one give me a hand with this code,i know i must use cmath library.
[19 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main (... (by Ken777)
Why does this string not print?

int main () { string a; a = 'b'; a ='c'; cout << a; } The string and iostream headers are there. Why is it that after changing each 'elemen...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guys. Sometimes C++ makes me want to learn another language. (by rozick1)
Issue with pointer function

Hello all!! I'm pretty much new to pointers and function. Yes this an assignment, but i just want to know if I'm going in the right direction. Any comments...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you soo much!!! you can tell i'm new to this lol (by ichigo917)
Recursion on Reversing Digits with pointers

Hi guys, Currently i am working on reversing the digits using recursion. I have done up the code for recursion but i don't understand why i always get the...
[4 replies] Last: reverseNum is supposed to store the digit from the back for each recur... (by iamweak)
Program to swap a 2-dimensional array based on input of grades

#include<iostream> #include<cstdlib> using namespace std; void sort(double grade , int dec); int main() { double grade , average, total; ...
[no replies]
differentiate pointer to multiplication

some one please try to help.. i have this declaration of a variable 'a' a= (variable 'b') x (value pointed by 'c') when im doing this: a=(*c) * b; i...
[3 replies] Last: vector<int>::iterator it; vector<int>::iterator ip; it=vectorquant... (by yhangel)
Hello im back again and my code still wont work!

Thanks for the help i got it to work not sure what i did but it works so well here it is #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main()...
[2 replies] Last: On lines 87 and lines 99 you have: if (condition); This is a blank... (by Stewbond)
by Ch1156
Help undeerstandin Multidimensional Arrays

Hi, i am watching a tutorial on multidimentional arrays and i have a question because im a bit confused on one part. Here is my code #include <iostream> ...
[14 replies] Last: 1. You can use a switch/case statement. 2. You could use a map to map... (by roberts)
by atjm88
Function??

This is original program~ #include <iostream> #include <conio> int subtraction (int,int); int main () { int x=5,y=3,z; z=subtraction (7,2); ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks... So can I use all pass by value or use all pass by reference ... (by atjm88)
by atjm88
int for both program different?

#include <iostream> #include <conio> int subtraction (int,int); int main () { int x=5,y=3,z; z=subtraction (7,2); cout<<"The first result is ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks... So I can do it this way without putting "x" inside it right... (by atjm88)
Question Again...

Write definition for a function SumSequence( ) in C++ with two arguments/parameters — double x and int n. The function should return a value of typ...
[6 replies] Last: Oh okay... I am just notching the Idea that is fine thank you ..... Th... (by prestige)
need help with Looping

I am not sure if I understand the Assignment completely.When I wrote the Program it would open the file and also extract the email onto the other file. However,...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your replie. In that case, the program does extract the ... (by ettedo2000)
Truncalicious

Hey, I can't seem to remember how to keep this from getting truncated. If I input 5 and 2, it comes out 2.00. Anyone have a solution? #include <iostream> ...
[4 replies] Last: Just doing avg = (double)a/b; should do it. I'm not sure which part ... (by Gaminic)
Help!

I have an assignment and I know I'm missing something but i'm not sure what it is. I have to add cin but i'm not sure where. this is my program. { ...
[2 replies] Last: Maybe you wanted to say that values of the variables should be entered... (by vlad from moscow)
square roots

hello i need a script that when the squareroot of a number is an int that he ouputs that int or 1; for example sqrt(25)=5;sqrt(36)=6; sqrt(17)!= int; heres a ...
[7 replies] Last: oh my god. thank you. for the people intrested add ii=i; to the cod... (by gelatine)
Loop problem

Hi, i am having a bit of trouble looping a program. The program keeps looping even if i entered 1 or 0 for the variable repeat .Hope you guys are able to help ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh right, i messed up the logical operators. Thanks. (by jameswong317)
Static structure parameter problem

Hey, I´m writing a program to control a camera sensor with VC2010. I have a file camera.cpp and a main.cpp. In the camera.cpp I created a static structure co...
[1 reply] : I found the problem, actually the objects were going out of scope, aft... (by Esteban)
Can I call a constructor from another one ? I loose data !

Hi, The following code fails, but I don't understand why : class Titi { public: int* pMyInts; Titi() { pMyInts = new int ; } Titi(int a0, int...
[6 replies] Last: Gaminic . this code *this = Test(); can work only then the compi... (by vlad from moscow)
Menu in C++ using Switches and Arrow keys.

Hi, I'm a very beginner programmer and was given code that could be used to help make a menu for my game. I am not sure how to implement into my program at all....
[7 replies] Last: Ahh, I kind of see, I'll give it a test and see what happens. Thankyou... (by Cinnamon)
by adahn
Code Review/Execution Speed tips

Hello all, I am completely new to these forums, and very new to C++. The first program I wrote (below) was a World of Darkness dice rolling program. I ran a few...
[10 replies] Last: Good tip, it got me thinking. I think I figured it out; running it via... (by adahn)
February 2012 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 64
  Archived months: [jan2012] [mar2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.