Beginners - February 2012 (Page 10)

by viliml
wxdev-c++ debug not working

I have used Dev-c++ for a lng time, but after I heard a lot about how outdated it is, I swithed to the new wxDev-c++. But, it's debugger doesn't work. It prints...
[no replies]
by Lio
exit do while loop

How can I exit this loop if the choice is 3 Thanks do { cout << "Enter a number between 0 and 2, 3 to end: "; cin >> choice; ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks,I found my error (by Lio)
by atjm88
Maximum Number from 3 numbers?

#include <iostream> #include <conio> int maximum (int,int,int); main() { int a,b,c; cout<<"Enter Three Integers: "; cin>>a>>b>>c; cout<...
[15 replies] Last: > I'm thinking specifically of the printf() function which is from C. ... (by JLBorges)
Problem with pointers and function

this is for my computer programming class. I'm suppose to make a program that ask for how many grades the user would like to enter. then they would enter the ...
[1 reply] : Gimenez Carlos, Contractor _Morning my friend. We want a building. G... (by ne555)
Input output file

I have tried to open the particular file, but i didnt managed to open it, i wonder where is the file i supposed to save it at, in the debug folder or the curren...
[3 replies] Last: I mean, i found the location to put the file where i can proceed on to... (by Joyce Lim)
reading a datafile within a programme

Hello again all, first of all, thanks for all the replies that I have received earlier, they really help me as i am a beginner! My problem is as follows: ...
[1 reply] : You could use the vector class which can hold strings as elements, but... (by CJC0117)
Else IF statements (1,2,3)

i keep getting errors under my else's and under my 'dead lift' and the 'pushup' could some please help me #include <iostream> using namespace std; int ...
[41 replies] Last: only one thing more to ask how can i get deadlift to go in as 2 word... (by roberts)
by kw1991
how do you make a hashtable store records (1,2)

I have made a hashtable that stores numbers perfectly but now I need to change it so that it stores student records ie id number, first name, surname, and GPA. ...
[22 replies] Last: solved (by kw1991)
Error Building and Running

Hello there, i have recently started messing around with some C++ tutorials and currently using Dev-C++ to complete every action that i need to try, please note...
[9 replies] Last: @Framework: you are making look as it was a compiler extension. Both c... (by ne555)
Populate an array with new objects

I'm having problems populating an array with objects. I'm trying to read in a file and create an array of counties. I'm reading in a line then trying to create ...
[7 replies] Last: ok. thanks guys. I figured out my problem. I changed everything to ret... (by savan12986)
Using functions in a vector of classes.

I have a vector of classes for bullets but I'm not quite sure how to use the functions the class when its in a vector. To initialise: class Bullet { b...
[5 replies] Last: >and in the loop I tried: for (int i = 0; i <= Player_Bullets_Vector.... (by JLBorges)
passing vector to another function

here is the scenario... i have this 4 function that i want my vector to work into.. function 1: where i started inputting in my vector function 2: wher...
[4 replies] Last: The first one is wrong because your passing a vector, but the function... (by Stewbond)
Sorting vectors of structs

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around sorting a vector of structs. Basically I have this struct, STUDENT, with members first name, last name, and c...
[2 replies] Last: You can use standard algorithm std::sort declared in header file algo... (by vlad from moscow)
math.h - xcode - cdf

Hi everybody! I am new in C++ and I am trying to find out how to use the cumulative distribution function for normal random variables. I am using the math.h ...
[5 replies] Last: Okay one more. I've made it a little more c++ and optimized it a bit.... (by Stewbond)
fixing text to screen

hello i want some function with in right uppercorner the date is fixed. can someone tell me how to do that and where i could find something about it.
[1 reply] : The console doesn't do this simply. You can do it by making your own ... (by Stewbond)
by atjm88
Inline function??

Hi, can I know what's Inline function and how to use them? #include <iostream> #include <conio> inline float cube(const float a) {return a*a*a;} main...
[9 replies] Last: const is never really necessary (unless some other const enforces it).... (by hamsterman)
How to reverse a number?

I want to know how to reverse a number in a column, here is my code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int n; do { cin>>n; n/...
[9 replies] Last: Here I started off by findign the number of digits. I did this with: ... (by Stewbond)
by atjm88
5x and 6x??

#include <iostream> #include <conio> void a(void); void b(void); int x=1; int linenum = 0; main(){ int x=5; linenum++; cout<<linenum<<"...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks Texan...More understand now... Can I know why u r using print_... (by atjm88)
hide cin

can some on help me to hide the input.. like for example a user would have to choose from the choices but his input will not be shown in the screen.. i try get...
[7 replies] Last: using the code above... what should i do to make my input be normal ag... (by yhangel)
help me... I cant wok a bit. Question

Write a function in C++ which accepts a 2D array of integers and its size as arguments and displays the elements which lie on diagonals. 2 [Assuming the 2D Ar...
[1 reply] : Elements of D1 are at , elements of D2 are at [size-i-1], where i g... (by hamsterman)
February 2012 Pages: 1... 89101112... 64
  Archived months: [jan2012] [mar2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.