Beginners - December 2014 (Page 9)

by fara
Splitting a vector into unknown number of sub-vectors

Hi, I am beginner in C++ and need your help. Suppose I have a std::vector (let's call it myVec) of size N which is containing numbers. myVec has to be split u...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks all ! This is exactly what I was looking how to do! (by fara)
For Loop?

Hello again! I am trying to solve this: 2520 is the smallest number that can be divided by each of the numbers from 1 to 10 without any remainder. What is t...
[2 replies] Last: Excelent! Thank you very much, finally understood. -Delsh (by Delshire)
by ismasd
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hi everyone, I'm trying to make a program that reads a few strings from a file and writes it out in another file in which every '\n', '\t' are changed in ' '. I...
[2 replies] Last: foo.cpp: In function ‘void concatena(char (*) , char*, int*)’: fo... (by ne555)
Using std::tuple

Hi, I`m trying to use tuple with my Search function. http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/tuple/tuple/ I`m not very good reading compiler error messages, an...
[13 replies] Last: # define curr_move_noughts 1 # define crosses -1 int negamax( boar... (by pacman169)
by savanh
need your help

hello, i have question , i have an array a ; and i did the function belw first one to ask the user to put the elemints then find the sum ,my question is i want...
[7 replies] Last: Ok, first of all what exactly is your spolit function doing? It calcul... (by minomic)
Class program won't run (identifier undefined and deleted function errors)

Hello, would someone mind taking a look at this as this program will not run. The input file is filled vertically with words/data. I have taken initiative to mo...
[4 replies] Last: Student();//empty constructor No it is not. It is a declaration of ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Is there something wrong with this?

Well, my classes are over and I decided to review my c++ coursework. In one of our assignments, a mastermind with an AI, he told us to get the permuteStr functi...
[1 reply] : Was it meant to use recursion? If so then you should design it to work... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
by b1gzz
Bitwise operations

I'm struggling a bit with this, is there any easily understandable way of explaining bitwise operations to a beginner? I'm using the book Sam's Teach Yourself C...
[13 replies] Last: Thanks for the help. (by b1gzz)
Question

Hello everyone! Having solved my other question I came out with a new problem. I am doing an exercise which i need to find the largest palindrome made from the ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much! I am going to try it, makes a lot of sense. Dels... (by Delshire)
Understanding code

Hello everyone! I am doing some exercises and when i can't solve them i come to google and try to solve and understand them but i have a problem here understand...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very much guys! Much clearer now! (by Delshire)
Question about reading in data until none exists

Hi, I am looking for help creating a loop/while statement that loops until there is no data left in the input file. I ran into issues this time because the assi...
[2 replies] Last: How i would approach this problem is: solving: readDataRow + validat... (by LocalX)
by LocalX
How to search throughout a ranged filed?

Well what i mean is this: How can i search from start at some point in .txt file and finish that search when the search field range is reached ! (ofc with C++ c...
[3 replies] Last: @Duoas It's actually a very good question. Your file follows a fairly... (by LocalX)
excess elements in array initializer error in xcode

so im trying to simply spell out my friends name using arrays but i dont understand this error "excess elements in array initializer" char sham = {{'S'...
[2 replies] Last: Excess elements means that you have to many elements. When you create ... (by deathslice)
SFML map collision

I want to know, if anyone would be so kind to tell me, what would be the best way to make your character not be able to exit the map. Let's say you want to make...
[4 replies] Last: Well, this isn't mine, it's SFML's. :P it all was just conceptual. Tha... (by chippzanuff93)
Book suggestions?

I'm at a point where I've studied and messed with C++ with "YouTube Tutorials" and feel like picking up a book and hammering into it to help solidify my underst...
[13 replies] Last: Yes I've seen that site, and tutorials before. I'm looking for physica... (by CGunn86)
using strcmp for two dimensional arrays

hi guys, how can i use strcmp function to compare an amount of char array like a with a char like "*"? i tried to use it like this but it shows error: a arr...
[2 replies] Last: thanks, i was completely confused (by milad75)
by rko786
not working

#define _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS #include<math.h> #include<stdio.h> double factorial(int); #define PI 3.141592653589793 int main() { double angle...
[1 reply] : can't seem to get this to work the code should find the sine value i... (by rko786)
by Ganado
OpenGL glDrawArrays max size

I know this isn't an OpenGL-specific forum, but I figure I'd ask anyway: I can't find a good resource saying how big I should make arrays to draw. In my i...
[no replies]
pointers to pointers and functions

Greetings, I'm trying to target a variable that is not declared in my scope. I think this should be realized by pointers. But somehow i can't get it to work pr...
[4 replies] Last: (*grid)->getSize(); ← operator precendence Also you can use (**gr... (by MiiNiPaa)
by rko786
Error 7 error LNK1120:

Error 7 error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals C:\Users\toshiba\Desktop\programming\degrees\Debug\degrees.exe 1 1 degrees i keep getting this error when tr...
[3 replies] Last: how do i fix this answer provided by Mr Abstract: Check that all y... (by mutexe)
December 2014 Pages: 1... 7891011... 55
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.