Beginners - December 2014 (Page 6)

How would you do this exercise?

So I'm almost done with all the beginner exercises in this link http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/ (Now is time to move on to the graduation exerc...
[4 replies] Last: std::ws is an input manipulator which consumes whitespaces. It is us... (by MiiNiPaa)
Counting lines in a txt file

So I have a file that has seven lines of text and I have to count them. This program correctly counts the correct amount of lines of text if I use the . as the ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> using namesp... (by anup30)
access violation file handling URGENT HELP NEEDED PLZ :(

Write your question here. kindly review the code ive written. It's giving breaks. plz reply guys! it's EXTREMELY urgent :'( #include <iostream> #inc...
[9 replies] Last: got it got it. Thanks a lot @MiiNiPaa :) (by closed account ybkG1hU5)
Don't understand recursion

I tried to debug and understand the following code. The program is correct but I don't understand how the last four lines of outputs prints and how the value of...
[6 replies] Last: Yes. Every function call has its own local variables. If it would be o... (by MiiNiPaa)
One template specialization for multiple types

I want to make a template function that works different for int types and different for floating types. I don't want to write specializations for float, double ...
[8 replies] Last: Yeah, I'm not " an absolute beginner ", so far I read 600 pages of S. ... (by TheHardew)
by Jun77
save data into "dat" file but....

i write data in binary mode " ios::binary " but data comes in this form: ìý" 2“yvÜŸ þÿÿÿÛsv³Ãßw €@èw · èw  ...
[3 replies] Last: my full code.. plz sort it makes me so angry #include<fstream> #incl... (by Jun77)
Accessing Internet And stuff

Guys i would like to know how to access the internet with c++. Well i am an 12th grader and am supposed to work on a project now. I thought of lots of ideas but...
[no replies]
Move a file from one location to another

Hello I'm trying to move a file from one location to another in Linux.. I can rename files, but not move them. This is my code: rename("/home/myNAME/B...
[4 replies] Last: ^Thanks! Just added a random folder after desktop and it works without... (by Nielyboyken)
Check if file exists on FTP-server

Hello I want to check if a file exists on a FTP server, but I have no clue how I can begin with this. I tried this method: http://www.example-code.com/vc...
[3 replies] Last: ^Thanks, that worked awesome and exactly what I needed. :) (by Nielyboyken)
what happened to the heap?

I have a simple snippet here, what makes me wonder is how it compiles with no error or warnings because i can easily manipulate constant parameters on my = o...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much, that makes sense now haha, i just couldn't figure... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
by Lee125
nested if else

hello. I'm confuse with these two program. why there is difference when put the braces in nested if else statement? Output for program A is difference from pr...
[4 replies] Last: Basic rule of indent: lines belonging to the same " level of execution... (by MiiNiPaa)
by csharp
Robbie Robot Project

Couple semester ago I was taking a course in computer programing in Visual Basic and the final exam was to write a pseudo code to help Robbie robot to find its...
[1 reply] : This site might help you. http://www.societyofrobots.com/programming_w... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
by Jun77
is it possiaBLE to cal a "class function "through.....

is it possiaBLE to cal a "class function "through structure node variable. if yes how can we call? using link list like this : while(cur->nxt!=NULL) { ...
[2 replies] Last: what does it mean cur is a pointer to a class .? cur is already a poin... (by Jun77)
by vxk
CStash leaking memory

I have copied the code from the book thinking in c++ volume 1 and wanted to ask whether the following piece of code is leaking memory since there is no delete ...
[3 replies] Last: s->storage = b; Both variables have the same address. (by kevinkjt2000)
Is it possible for a derived virtual function to call the virtual function in the base class?

Let's say for example we have a base class and a derived class, the base class has a virtual function that is overridden in the derived class. Is it somehow po...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by SomeAmazingGuy)
creating keyword

is it possible to create own keyword in c++ ? if yes, can you give me an idea? i know about typedef but thats only for redefining the existing ones.
[6 replies] Last: Well, considering 'const' -- there isn't much point in making a new re... (by Duthomhas)
Stop program when the user presses enter?

My program is working fine but I need to stop it when the user presses enter and I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. Any help would be much apprec...
[7 replies] Last: You can use GetAsyncKeyState (by Code Apperentice)
Initializing array question

I have been studying C++ for some time now and I recently encountered a form of initializing an array that has me scraching my head. CUSTOMVERTEX vertices ...
[2 replies] Last: Got it thank youu. (by philhar)
by lays
How to rewrite this index way code using iterators.

This is a exercise on C++ Primer 5th. P112 I am asked to write the following code from using index to using iterator. vector<unsigned> scores(11, 0); un...
[7 replies] Last: There's also std::next() , which makes life a lot easier over std::a... (by Duthomhas)
Hello I'm New Here!

Anyone who can help me with ACM problems please contact me at allenx@live.fr (both email and skype). I really wanna improve my C++ skill under some adorable guy...
[1 reply] : you can post the problem and your progress here. (by anup30)
December 2014 Pages: 1... 45678... 55
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.