Beginners - December 2013 (Page 59)

How will I repeat my whole transaction again? (codes inside)

Write your question here. #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> using namespace std; int main () { int code, quantity; double price, subtotal, ...
[1 reply] : Hi carlplusplus, I think for you to understand easily you should divid... (by krugle)
Opening Text File

I am trying to write a program for my C++ class, however, my teacher has failed to provide us with the proper materials to complete the project. We are suppose ...
[1 reply] : What exactly is your problem? By the way: 'binary sorting' dosen't ex... (by coder777)
Array

I need help with my array. It is supposed to take ten values and switch the order of them. # include <iostream> using namespace std; void userInput(int ,...
[2 replies] Last: Hi randomperson27, I've found a few mistakes, one of them pointed out ... (by krugle)
Question about Class Destructor

Hi Everyone, I wanted to know if you could help me out with something. If I have a Class that loads a bunch of objects... for example: House00 = new (C...
[3 replies] Last: You shouldn't need to use new there. (by ne555)
Array 4*4

I have to develop an array of 4*4 and to write each location of array. Please tell me the syntax to develop an array of 4*4 and how to write on it
[2 replies] Last: I want like int a = { 1 2 3 4 }; actually i ha... (by amitk3553)
by Cexus
How to count different words from a sentence I have entered?

Hi Guys, I'm having a problem that I can't solve. I want to count each word of a sentence that I entered. For example if I entered "Hi My Name Is Cexus" then...
[14 replies] Last: You need a container to store words you've read in. As you read in wo... (by cire)
Min of array always setting to 0

Hello, this is my first post so I hope everything will be proper. Anyways, I'm working on this assignment that requires the user to enter up to 15 "test grade...
[7 replies] Last: <algorithm> has more than one sorting algorithm. Some do less work tha... (by keskiverto)
by hilft
Loop continue problems

how is this code not outputing anything? since, i=-1 will eventually become higher than 5, it should be saying "Hello" multiple times. why is that so? what is...
[2 replies] Last: continue might seem somewhat misleading. If i is less than five, t... (by xismn)
Using cStrings and Pointers

I am in a C++ class at a university and my teacher has failed to provide the class with the necessary tools to complete any labs. I have been assigned a exercis...
[1 reply] : the internet is a good resource to start : functions http://www.cplus... (by nvrmnd)
How to swap variables of type char..?

How to swap variables of type char..? qtyOnHand is type int isbn and bookTitle is type char not getting correct output for isbn and booktitle please help...
[1 reply] : basically how to bubble sort arrays of type char *.* (by luv2program)
Need help about switch function.

I wrote a code and have no idea where is the mistake(s) I want to learn about the switch function, I want to keep it /// the selective structure: switc...
[3 replies] Last: I don't know where you got the magic number 65000 from - the range of ... (by LB)
by ossant
highlighted text

Hi, I installed CodeBlocks 12.11, when I'm typing my code the editor highlights the text that I write in comments (after the // )and also the text that I type ...
[no replies]
invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*'

I thought string.c_str() did convert to char*? Where did the const come from? Also how would you ultimately send a std::string to putenv() then? #include <ios...
[3 replies] Last: yeah that does make sense. thanks. const_cast<char *>(s.c_str()) ... (by metulburr)
Range of a random number

How would I declare the range that a rand() should be? Also, is there a certain #include file that you have to use?
[1 reply] : scratch that, I've figured out how to use rand() I believe, but would ... (by kolo7880)
Not sure how to do this loop with a read in file to validate a credit card

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> #include <fstream> using namespace std; int main() { int count; int creditcard_number, di...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks sorry for taking so long to respond I was about to figure it ou... (by lynn1991)
by hilft
strings and arrays question

I don't understand the output of the code below. what makes it that it outputs "el" ? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { const ch...
[no replies]
PLEASE HELP :( :(

Please, please, please. I know this is a very long code in here and I know what the problem is but I don't know how to fix it. I want to increment track by on...
[3 replies] Last: no problem :) we dont always respond the fastest but we usually can ge... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Need help

Hi, Basically I have a file that has numbers in and i need them to be read into my code ( which i thought i had done correctly) but it doesnt seem to be happeni...
[1 reply] : For one thing your code has 3 { and only 2 }. Don't think you need th... (by SamuelAdams)
by hilft
Inheritance question!

I don't understand the output at all. How does creating an object of a class, runs the functions inside? ( sorry for bad wording here) And, how are they connec...
[1 reply] : How does creating an object of a class, runs the functions inside? ... (by Cubbi)
uses classes calculate cylinder volume and surface area issues.

hey guys, I'm new to programming. I am trying to calculate the volume and the surface area of a cylinder using classes in C++. I keep getting two errors saying ...
[1 reply] : I was able to figure out the error about the 'class Cylinder' has no m... (by o1234567)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 5758596061... 69
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.