Beginners - December 2012 (Page 35)

Tree volume Project C++

All, Here is a project I have been assigned and I am having trouble with the output of the report.dat file. I am hoping someone could help me out, I can not ge...
[no replies]
Default editable input

I want to use cin so that when the input is expected from the keyboard there is existing text which can be edited and then press enter to read that data. Is ...
[2 replies] Last: What would be the best way in Linux? (by rozick1)
Input from a .txt file issues

Hi, recently I've been working on developing source code to run the famous John Conway's Game of Life. My source code compiles and works, but it doesn't have an...
[1 reply] : Well I got a bit lost trying to understand some of your code, so I rep... (by Chervil)
Console window isnt displaying anything!!!

OK, I am doing problem number 3 from ProjectEuler. (Just to let you know, this is an amazing site if you really want some hard problems to help better your C++ ...
[13 replies] Last: Ya. Thanks anyway. Pretty much almost finished solving the problem. (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
Bad Pointers

I am making a Caesar cipher using c++, however when i try to compile the code my porgram breaks and claims that i have bad pointers when i am debugging This ...
[1 reply] : cipherAlphabet = '\0'; That makes no sense. Where does cipherAlpha... (by Moschops)
cursor deletion

so im a newbie to c++, can anyone show me how to control cursor to delete and add characters to the right of it for any strings
[1 reply] : C++ has no concept of a cursor. It reads and writes ASCII character d... (by cnoeval)
how to get my input file to work

Hello, i am a real beginner at c++ and am stuck on getting my input values read, just wondered if anyone could help me?? Here is my input file; 14 16 18 20 ...
[9 replies] Last: You have to use brackets if you want to execute more than one instruct... (by goth)
by xnorax
Caesar Cipher using ASCII

Hi everyone I have to follow this algorithm in C++: Encrypt (PlainText,shift) Loop over PlainText NextCharacter = GetNext(PlainText) EncryptedCharacter =...
[4 replies] Last: Wow!! Really your explanation is very clear and helpful!! I've used t... (by xnorax)
Help with class

Woke up this morning, went to work, decided "Free time I'll start coding a bit", so I started messing around with classes. A little background: No matter how mu...
[6 replies] Last: If you have time, would you mind giving me an example? And by getting ... (by alistjazz)
Help with bubbleSort

Hello im having issues with this code, it turns the number 9999 when outputted into 58 and cant figure out why. If any one can help id appreciate it. #inc...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the help! (by closed account z8q4izwU)
C++ and ncurses

I know that ncurses will work in C++ by just including the curses.h, but I am wondering if there is an object oriented version of ncurses or a curses like libra...
[3 replies] Last: I like those examples, I guess this is pretty much answered. (by evanc9606)
c++ input validation

am trying to do a calculator,but if instead of a number i put a letter i get an infinite loop.How can i avoid this?
[6 replies] Last: @Cubbi . u can try this instead of the numeric limits maybe? haha c... (by Felicia123)
by goth
Operator overloading confusion

Regarding the first example in the following article: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/classes2/ more specifically, this piece of code: //... CVector C...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a lot, I get it now! Just had to look at the operator the same ... (by goth)
C++ Functions

write a program which reads a string and invokes a user defined function check() to check and display the number of vowels and consonants in the string.the func...
[3 replies] Last: Please post it, so we can guide and correct you. (by Fransje)
No appropriate default constructor for struct?

Hi Guys, Having a very weird issue. I know I've done this a million times and never gotten an error, not sure why I'm getting one now. Basically, being t...
[4 replies] Last: Or, write a copy constructor for `Train' that copies the references. U... (by ne555)
having problems on what my output would be

here's my code. my problem is, this program should output also the NEW CALCULATED BALANCE, however, i can't edit my main neither the function prototypes. #...
[1 reply] : ¿why do you ask for parameters if you don't intend to use them? > i ... (by ne555)
LNK 2005 error

Everything was going good then I got this error. please help? main file #include <iostream> #include <time.h> #include "fight.h" using namespace std; ...
[4 replies] Last: > Line 85 in main() should have been a compile error. No. As you say, ... (by ne555)
CALCULATOR

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT,SUGGEST AND CRITIC. THANK YOU. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cmath> #include <iomanip> int choice; using name...
[4 replies] Last: Your "l" variable : ( ∆ ) , right? And, it seems you forgot to check... (by Imadatobanisa)
by Gui901
Doubt about getting prime numbers 0 to 100

Hello to everyone, I recently started to learn c++ with this book "Jumping into C++" from Alex Allain. In this book there is an example of a program to get the ...
[3 replies] Last: Hello to both, thankyou for explaining this program to me! I now under... (by Gui901)
requesting help with abstract class

The goal is to turn the employee class into an abstract class. ok i've posted the assingment and the pseudocode for it. Define class – Employee (Abstract...
[1 reply] : An abstract class defines an object interface. In practice that means... (by kbw)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 3334353637... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.