Beginners - August 2021 (Page 4)

"String subscript out of range."

Hello all, I am working on an assignment for my intro to programming class. The program is supposed to read input from a file, encrypt it, then write the enc...
[5 replies] Last: The return type of .size() is size_t. So simply: for (size_t index ... (by seeplus)
Searching and filtering a word in a text file

Can u help me with the filter and search code (c++) 1. Filter 2. Search 1. Teacher should be able to filter the list through attribute of subjects and form....
[4 replies] Last: Perhaps as a simple C++20 starter: #include <iostream> #include <fs... (by seeplus)
Histogram C++ (Values to Intervals)

I am trying to create a histogram by converting the values into intervals. I am not sure how to go about this and running into many problems. #include ...
[2 replies] Last: A couple of points (re OP code): L13, 17 can be combined: const au... (by seeplus)
fstream files as true

I was writing a program to check if a username has already been logged on a separate file. I saw somewhere that using getLine with fstream will return the file ...
[4 replies] Last: > it is just checking the status of the "bad", "fail" and "eof" bits ... (by JLBorges)
by chipp
size of array of char*'s value

i wanna ask if, for example, i made a variable like this: const char * p_char = {"asd", "cvbz", "fghjbnm"}; why the sizeof () can't show each of its ...
[7 replies] Last: If you want a function that does +1, you can write a helper: size_... (by chipp)
Create a function called isSameTree

Create a function called bool isSameTree that will take an argument of a tree. It will return a true if the argument is the equivalent tree or return false if...
[4 replies] Last: Okay, got it working. Thanks for your help. (by Lacy9265)
by vboro
Vector same element problem?

Hi! My current task is to make a list of ingredients for a cocktail, stored in a vector. If the ingredient, which the user types in is already in the vector, t...
[2 replies] Last: Consider as C++17: #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <... (by seeplus)
Is there a way to use multiple objects from one class within another class?

I'm trying to refactor a function as a class so I can use multiple instances. The function currently uses four objects of the same class. The objects are inst...
[7 replies] Last: The proper way to objectify a function like that would be class Foo{... (by helios)
August 2021 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jul2021] [sep2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.