Beginners - August 2015 (Page 8)

(Rename) Console Pong

Is it possible to assign objects of different class types to one another? I'm trying to assign a member of the Ball class representing the 'ball' to an element ...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks Jims, that's very gracious of you to say that I already have a ... (by Bogeyman)
how do i combine the two

(50 pts) use for-loop to do the following tasks: calculate 6 * (1 + ¼ + 1/9 + 1/16 + … + 1/(1000*1000)). Note: the denominate is a squared number. Y...
[14 replies] Last: Kemort I was trying to reply to you and send you my code but it won't ... (by zodiacdimes)
Please help me fix my variable/function errors

Hi guys I've been working on a program that take pizzas drinks and sides, make little sub menus for each of the three and then spits out the total ordered foods...
[4 replies] Last: Try declaring all the missing variables at the top of the program belo... (by Swapnil2000)
Compiling using g++ and xCode

I am still trying to compile a C++ program properly using terminal and xcode. I found this link here on how to compile: http://www1.cmc.edu/pages/faculty/alee/g...
[1 reply] : What version of XCode did you install? Normally you shouldn't try to ... (by LB)
Help! TicTacToe problem!

The program keeps saying invalid input, even though I input it onto the '*'! Any help?? Thanks! #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespa...
[2 replies] Last: Gotcha. Thanks a lot! (by supernoob)
Can't use function to change values in 2d vector of structs

I'm trying to create a 2 dimensional vector of structs within a class and then define a function to change a string contained within the structs. Here is the...
[3 replies] Last: Ah, ok, I see now. Yeah definitely need to brush up on my constructors... (by ScrambledLogic)
Problem with Statement

Compiler using Dev-C++ Learning programming from Book "Programming Principles and Practice Using C++" I'm trying to get statement for such as 01 = January. I ...
[5 replies] Last: I would recommend using an array (vector) of strings to store the mont... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
functions

hi guys, im new here, anyone knows about this problem? the code is runnable but whenever i input data the display will says "DIFF IS 727" or any number before i...
[1 reply] : The variable z in input is not the variable z in output .... (by cire)
by AVM8
Binary Search Tree 2

Good evening to all seniors here. How to stop the program when user enter 0? I wish to do it by my own. I hope seniors here can give me rough idea on this. Its ...
[3 replies] Last: +1 dhayden: This is exactly the type of loop I when I competed in ACM... (by kevinkjt2000)
by www8
Specify what file type to open in OpenFileDialog in VS2013

How can open, for example, an .txt file in the dropdown menu I created?
[1 reply] : Any one yet? (by www8)
by suzuka
system (pause) Error

Hi, when i run my prog. from exe file, it does not stay on screen. I tried system (pause) fun. but code block show an error that " system was not declared in th...
[5 replies] Last: Try google ncurses (by TheIdeasMan)
Name Arranger program- error C2228

I am building a name arranger that takes in a full name and sorts it in the order of lastname, firstname middlename. I get an error when trying to pull length o...
[1 reply] : firstname is array of characters. It cannot have members, like length(... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Skip1
Can't get Hello World to work.

Hi, this is my first day working with C++, I've been searching around for about an hour looking to solve this problem. I've recently downloaded VS2015 and was u...
[4 replies] Last: Issue solved. Thank you guys so much! (by Skip1)
switch

Create a program that prompts the user to enter a number (0-900only) then output the number in words. Enter a number: 12 it outputs " twelve" can you please t...
[6 replies] Last: Use arrays to store the words. For example: static string ones =... (by dhayden)
How do you write arrays and for loops in pseudocode

How do you write this code in pseudocode? Please help! int a_num ; for (int n = 0; n <= 3; n ++) a_num = b_num % 10; b_num = b_num / 10;
[1 reply] : Pseudocode is an artificial and informal language http://www.unf.e... (by kevinkjt2000)
Getting input from file

Hi, What command/code do I need to get input from a text file to a) read the first n lines b) read until certain characters c) read until the end of the fil...
[4 replies] Last: For reading lines of the file: string FileLines ; int x = 0; while... (by axtyax)
Connect with server and return results

Hello i am beginner and i try to programming.I want to create a program that send in a server the question about time and the server return to client the result...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply but i want to say that now with your code i have... (by zafiris)
Help!!

Hi,I got an error when I try compiling the code **** Internal Builder is used for build **** g++ -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -o program4....
[3 replies] Last: @ MiiniPaa yeah realized that,thanks tho! (by WasThere)
by RokSav
Pointer (or value inside it) changing; unclear why

I'm writing a program for project euler (counting sundays) in which I am trying to use pointers to make code as simple as possible. I run into a problem where t...
[6 replies] Last: Hi RokSav. One doubt I have. ptr is a pointer type input parameter, ... (by akash16)
by suzuka
My First C++ Program (Simple Calculator)

I am just beginning C++ coding. Here is my first complete program. Please mention if any mistake. Thanks. #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[8 replies] Last: Wow, got many precious words from all of you and will keep them in min... (by suzuka)
August 2015 Pages: 1... 678910... 28
  Archived months: [jul2015] [sep2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.