Beginners - April 2017 (Page 8)

Need Help

My professor has placed an assignment for us to do. i figured out some but not all. could i get some help? what i have down below is what i have as of now but...
[3 replies] Last: Thomas is right. For some reason I thought you had to output each sa... (by SamuelAdams)
Copy initialization and Direct Initialization

what i understood is that the compiler will make a temp string object with the value "Test" and then copy it to a and , in the case of b the compiler will use t...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks JLBorges for replying and helping me. I understood it clearly n... (by AhmedEl3agamy)
build error

My program does not build. any help? #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main(void){ srand((unsigned int)1729); // Yo...
[1 reply] : Lines 25-32: What are these lines? Is this supposed to be a function... (by AbstractionAnon)
Stuck on number averages

Hello, I've been going over this for a couple of days now. I was able to get the program to do the other aspects that's required except for one. I need it to re...
[5 replies] Last: Hello rjmacready, Your welcome. Any time. Andy (by Handy Andy)
C++ GUI BattleShip

I am really new to the gui side of c++. The problem that I am running into is I have 2 board one for the player and one for the comp. I am trying to creates a f...
[3 replies] Last: I still don't understand. You set the text for the same button multipl... (by Thomas1965)
by xxvms
Function call with a problem

Hi there :) Happy Sunday!!! For this that are bored and can't wait to do some coding :D I have question. I have created this code to work out Cubic size of th...
[7 replies] Last: Hi Jlb, thank you for that :) I felt the same that there is so much... (by xxvms)
by Nakruf
auto with refrece plus another bit, i think i need an explaination.

I thought for was for iterating through a set of ints and can't find any sample that looks like this. Can someone explain what is going on here? for(auto&...
[1 reply] : This is a range-based for loop. c is a lvalue reference which bind... (by mbozzi)
by khvkhv
Link List that append 2 queue based on condition

This is a snippet of my code. Basically this code are going to let user to key in customer (A~Z), time arrival, age and status (VIP or Normal). If the person ...
[no replies]
some problem

hey guys... I got some problem with this sfml... I made it so that a circle is spawned at the position of a rectangle... but the circle spawns at (0, 0) he...
[1 reply] : I fixed this problem now... (by Flaze07)
by likma
Constexpr

I've been working out of Sam's C++ book. Everything is going well, however I've gotten stuck with the keyword 'constexpr'. I understand the purpose and concept....
[8 replies] Last: Thanks man & good luck programming!!! (by likma)
why classes and objects ?? (c++)

i am believe that i am noob in programing spacial in C++ 1st i learn how i make functions (it was amazing) but now after i learn how to deal with class an...
[2 replies] Last: There is nothing you can't do with functions and C-structs (not class-... (by jonnin)
Needed help with c++ code

My table is not lining up right please help? write a C++ program to take numbers from an input file (input.txt), calculate the sum and average of the numbers fo...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks that helped but the - numbers are throwing off the decimal alig... (by NemesisTheo)
by jothy
Having trouble with arrays output !!! Please Help!!!

Hello, I'm a complete newbie in programming and this is the first programming class I'm taking. We are supposed to make a program that convert a double into a...
[7 replies] Last: @lastchance Thank you very much for your corrections. I was able to ma... (by jothy)
by SVcpp
"head" not recognized

I'm getting a strange error indicating that head isn't recognized even though I include the header file "class_list.h" in my class_list.cpp file. I've tested to...
[2 replies] Last: I'm getting a strange error indicating that head isn't recognized eve... (by jlb)
Very large negative value being returned to Main

The program below runs perfectly. However, the value being returned at the end of Main (the total Medications charge) is some extremely large negative number! I...
[3 replies] Last: Since my multi-Class program is a bit more involved than the Struct e... (by cire)
lookup table using struct

Hello, i can't print corresponding decoded character to serial, do you know where did i go wrong? Thank you in advance! // _____________________ Header ...
[13 replies] Last: Thank you! (by RytisBe)
by JAAFAR
ERROR 453 -Can't find Entry Point in C++ dll (x64 bit)

Using Visual Studio 2017 community on Windows 10- 64 bits. I am a C++ beginner and I have written a small C++ 64 bit dll so I can use it in (excel 2010 64bit)V...
[5 replies] Last: Hi Thomas1965, Sorry to respond so late . The info in the codeprojec... (by JAAFAR)
Sorting an integer in descending order

Hello, I need to sort in a descending order a four digit integer, without using arrays. The idea is that the function just takes the original integer for examp...
[2 replies] Last: In search of the most obscure code ever written: #include <iostream> ... (by lastchance)
by Boidoh
How to change this program to work with Fractions?

Could anyone please tell me how I can turn this code I wrote into something that deals with fractions rather than integers? Thanks. #include <iostream> #...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/search.do?q=fraction (by Thomas1965)
How do I create an infile with ifstream?

// open the infile ifstream inFile; inFile.open ("in6s17.txt"); //display error message if (!inFile) { cout << "Error opening infile." << endl; } ...
[4 replies] Last: Oh okay. Thanks! (by imastruggler)
April 2017 Pages: 1... 678910... 34
  Archived months: [mar2017] [may2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.