Beginners - April 2017 (Page 5)

by Krok2
Best way to Find amount of chars existing in both strings

I want to know how many chars exists in both strings. getPoints("hey", "hai") would give: 1 point getPoints("hi", "hai") would give: 2 points It's simple bu...
[5 replies] Last: The following version WILL allow duplicates ('l', 'l', 'o' in the exam... (by lastchance)
by Anami
Garbage value in adding of two matrix objects.

I want to add two matrix objects using friend function.The program runs and take inputs but at the end it shows garbage value. #include<iostream.h> #incl...
[5 replies] Last: #include<iostream.h> #include<string.h> #include<conio.h> class matri... (by Anami)
Issue with program that reads a .txt file

I am trying to create a program that reads a .txt file, displays it, counts unique words and displays unique words next to how many times used. So far I have th...
[3 replies] Last: If you just want to print the original contents of a file you can use ... (by lastchance)
Help with code

I need help making this code print the first n numbers #include "std_lib_facilities.h" bool Prime(int a) { for(int c = 2; c <= a/2; c++) { i...
[5 replies] Last: Sometimes it helps if you write your plan down in plain English like t... (by Thomas1965)
Converting from int to string doesnt work

Hello folks, im creating a program, that checks whether a number is a Neon Number (a number where the digits of the square of the number are equal to the numbe...
[6 replies] Last: Somehow I was thinking that 0 is not a valid number - probably it was ... (by Thomas1965)
Display a hexadecimal address as a decimal?

I have a program that uses a function to return addresses for specific elements inside and outside of a dynamically defined array of floats. As anticipated, whe...
[3 replies] Last: This is a simplification, but basically static_cast will only convert ... (by mbozzi)
by Drakk
system() issues on Linux

[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much. i was super confused. (by Drakk)
What did I do wrong when calling out this function

So here's my code: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <fstream> #include <string> using namespace std; //function prototypes int rea...
[5 replies] Last: Does this count as not coding? ifstream inFile(inFileName); readRainF... (by imastruggler)
Comments for a script

Hey guys! This script has appeared in an exam for a module I have in college. I would really appreciate if you could tell me if I explained it properly and ...
[2 replies] Last: :D Thanks, man! (by Alex1993)
Vector not printing

Hi. So im using a vector to create a contain, so that when the player is asked in PlayerChoise() if they want to keep an item, the item has somewhere to go. How...
[1 reply] : > I keep getting the same error > Error on line: > cout << "Bag Item: ... (by ne555)
Population Growth Function

I am stuck on a homework assignment where I must create a population growth calculator. The thing is that I have no idea how to make the calculation repeat so t...
[3 replies] Last: [code firstline=67] for(int i = 0; i < numYears; i++) { cout << ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Plese Ignore this Post

Just putting this here for a report /** ****************************************************************************** * @file main.c * @autho...
[no replies]
Monte Carlo Problem

Solved.
[2 replies] Last: @zelotic, Please reinstate your original post. People will be disincli... (by lastchance)
by Krok2
For loop crashing at the end

Here's my code cout << "Input: " << history << endl; map<char, int> result; for (auto& v : children) { cout << "Loop" << endl; cout << ...
[4 replies] Last: Turns out the layer two was saved given by parameter (not as pointer) ... (by Krok2)
by tt13
summing up array with negative number

Hello volks, I'm trying to write an array that add 10 integers from user's input. That will include negative numbers. My program seems fine with different test,...
[2 replies] Last: OMG, that's right I did a stupid calculation, LOL, thank you! (by tt13)
by past98
Using functions from other classes and printing

Hello guys. I have an excercise and I need some help. I am asked to play a game that has a number of players and a number of heaps inserted by the user. Each he...
[no replies]
use std::tolower() to find a keyword in a string

my programme: int main() { int i, sep; string name = "We Are The Champion!"; string keywords = "Champion"; string word; for(i ...
[9 replies] Last: Quite right Thomas, but usually I have 3 reasons for making such posts... (by gunnerfunner)
Operator += applied a to a string value

I was going through this code I found on the c++ website and I haven't been able to figure out why the += works with string and char characters. Would anyone be...
[4 replies] Last: Ahhh okay it's overloaded, got it, thanks for the links guys. (by thinkCode6365)
Pig Latin Translation not working properly

Ok first of I know my code is all over the place which is probably why I'm lost but anyways this program is supposed to have a word separator and pig latin func...
[5 replies] Last: Ok I find out why the pig latin was displaying the same output as the ... (by PiNOYPANDEMiK)
Voice commands

I was wondering what do I need to add voice commands in code. Like if I say "Open computer" it opens My computer and things like that. Do I need any special har...
[no replies]
April 2017 Pages: 1... 34567... 34
  Archived months: [mar2017] [may2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.