Beginners - April 2017 (Page 33)

by mrsh
Resize the array (1,2)

hi, i need help in resizing size of array. I have two dimensional array which is i write as for (i = 0; i < M; i++) { for (j = 0; j < M; j++) { if (...
[25 replies] Last: Mbozzi no worries, no offence taken as what you wrote was not offensiv... (by xxvms)
by oPrice
Unable to read more than 1 file unless nothing is done prior to their reading

As part of a project I am doing I need to read two files of data into my editor. If I try to read both of them in my main() function before doing anything els...
[4 replies] Last: By the way an ifstream is always an input file (ios::in) and unless yo... (by jlb)
Struggling with logic puzzle

Okay so I am having a tremendous amount of trouble with this program. I am a newbie and this is part of an assignment. My mind is still stuck in this "linear th...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks, Im going to work on this tonight and Ill report back once I f... (by subconix)
by ebii
need help

i need to do interactive program that have 3 option 1-entter string and function will print the first letter from each line if string is empty print "empty...
[5 replies] Last: Hello ebii, Lines 17 and 24 should not be there. Only one is need ab... (by Handy Andy)
For C++ programmers .. how can I solve this problem pleasee :[ !!?

Guys, I really have a hard day seeing this that I can't find a solution yet and It should be delivered by tomorrow 4:00 AM Maximum. The question: https://s1...
[1 reply] : a. Create a look up table holding a 0 - a 1 for all one or two digit... (by JLBorges)
by Caruso
vector exercies

Hi all, Kanul asked a question at 17 Feb about a school project he had to do. I looked at it and worked two evenings on it. I don't think my code is very effic...
[2 replies] Last: Good point Gunner. I did not see that restriction. As you see I have u... (by Caruso)
Counters

Hey, I have confusion regarding counters and how to differentiate them from initialized values. I have to write a program that prints the average and sum of all...
[2 replies] Last: To avoid duplicating the 20's and 50's try this: #include <iostream> ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Need help understanding why certain constructors and assignments are called when compiler creates rvalues.

I am trying to learn when and why constructors, assignments, and destructors are called in c++. I created a few sample codes to practice and I will tell you whi...
[2 replies] Last: And don't forget that this function: MyClass myFunction(MyClass obj)... (by jlb)
help with if-else statements

Hey guys total newbie here this grading software excercise is giving me trouble. I cant get the second else if to give me the output B. Here are the instructio...
[3 replies] Last: So you guys ran the program without any problems? When I put an input... (by codefox10)
Vector repeats elements with Classes

Ok, so im having trouble figuring out how to compare elements of a vector to see if there're are any repeats. The idea is that each player has a hand of cards b...
[3 replies] Last: how to compare elements of a vector to see if there're are any repeat... (by gunnerfunner)
Void function problems

Hi, all. I've been toying with this program for a couple of weeks, and haven't been able to find any solution anywhere so here I am. Basically I'm using two fun...
[3 replies] Last: # include <iostream> # include <cctype> int main() { char a{}, b{}... (by mbozzi)
Understanding structures

Okay so I'm starting to practice using structures and I can't figure out why the following code will not work. To my understanding a structure can be treated as...
[2 replies] Last: Take note of what JLBorges wrote. To answer your question yes you can... (by kingkush)
Question about functions

I am relatively new to function in c++ and I was testing with them to increase my understanding of them and I was wondering if you could nest functions? Like th...
[4 replies] Last: @gunner funner, yes you're right. I totally forgot about that. Or else... (by kingkush)
help with code

I have this code that make this types of triangle with starts: * ** *** **** ***** #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int n; cout<<"Ent...
[3 replies] Last: Then you need to write spaces in front of the *s. The first star at t... (by jonnin)
function returning a pointer to a nest struct

Hi. I was trying to build a function that takes a numeric array as input and returns the address of a struct representing a pile with the array values "piled up...
[2 replies] Last: Ok. Now, it works. Thank you very much!! (by simone1988)
Rocket Program (Functions and prototypes)

I am having a difficult time with a project I am currently working on. I have written the following code but it will not work. If anybody has anny suggestions p...
[3 replies] Last: Hello cristina999, Instead of a lengthy discussion I will just show y... (by Handy Andy)
by rantiv
Battle Function

My battle function doesnt seem to work. Im thinking it has something to do with my checking if it is a power of two. #include <iostream> #include <string...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you (by rantiv)
Functor vs "classic'' class with method ?

Yesterday I was searching for functor whats is it etc. and I found this link http://stackoverflow.com/questions/356950/c-functors-and-their-uses where everybo...
[3 replies] Last: Peter87 +1 The only real benefit is the support for polymorphism prov... (by JLBorges)
Pointer of objects

I know that pointer means a variable that's store the address of the pointed object. (Tell me if anything wrong, and help me to figure it out please.)Here's the...
[4 replies] Last: Chervil Yes you are of course right! I missed & Shame on me! 😄 ... (by xxvms)
by bobby1
Need to complete Insert function

Need to create the insert function all other code is complete and cant be changed, struggling to get this to work at all, have tried creating a node however got...
[1 reply] : Why do you have getNext() and getPrevious() functions wihen prev_p and... (by dhayden)
April 2017 Pages: 1... 31323334
  Archived months: [mar2017] [may2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.