Beginners - April 2017 (Page 28)

Looping data into a output file

I'm not sure how to continuously loop my void function so that each time information is inputted into the main it can continuously print it out onto the output ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you @joe864864!! (by ohsimplyme)
by elieh
yes or no loop back

Hello I am trying to write a code to answer a yes or no question. If yes go to next task and if no go back to the beginning. But what I have is this, it will ke...
[4 replies] Last: Make use of the toupper function to halve the logic: #include <cctyp... (by TheIdeasMan)
Need help with getting file output to console

My project is to create a file that calculates the average of a students grade from a file. I have the correct file output, but I am also supposed to get an out...
[1 reply] : @doodle123 You have one array of 10, which will hold only one student... (by whitenite1)
by fguy
Basics of reading text files and counting characters

I am learning programming in C. Hope that's OK on this C++ board. I am using gcc 4.9.2 on a Linux system. I am experimenting with with counting characters in...
[2 replies] Last: I am using the text editor pluma for coding. pluma comes with the MA... (by fguy)
by wolfv
compare different length files

These two files are identical up to first oef, but are different after first oef. line 1 eof line 1 line 2 eof The following code wants to compare two fi...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks again mbozzi. This works as intended: #include <stdio.h> #inc... (by wolfv)
Confused and need help

Write a program that creates an double array that is 1000 elements large. Set the value of the first element to be equal to 100. Set the value of each element a...
[2 replies] Last: Alright thank-you for the help! If I have any more questions I will po... (by Grichards16)
by ahogan
How do I make my code modular - include header, source and main files

So I need to create a modular class (a header, source and main file to implement this program). I have started the header file but not sure how to define the ge...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you all, i think I just got a little impatient with this one sti... (by ahogan)
by SVcpp
Classes/Vimrc help

Hey all, I'm coding to touch up on some skills with classes. I'm using Sublivim as a vimrc file and for some strange reason, I'm getting an error with my str...
[1 reply] : vim is unrelated. > "no matching function call to 'strcpy'." > "cann... (by ne555)
If/else sorting problem

I posted in this forum a few days ago about a program I was having trouble with. "A user enters 3 numbers, the program will sort the 3 numbers in ascending ord...
[1 reply] : check out lines 44--45. Also, you ignore some cases when calculating ... (by ne555)
Output problems with homework-first time posting

Hello everybody this is my first time posting here, and first time learning c++. I am having trouble with my homework assignment where I am supposed to write fo...
[4 replies] Last: Nothing's wrong with std::system() in the general case, however, it's ... (by mbozzi)
TWebBrowser getElementByID

Hi, I'm having trouble working with TWebBrowser in RAD Studio Xe8 C++ builder. I can't figure out how to access elements on a webpage, like reading the conte...
[7 replies] Last: I feel a bit silly now that I've tried the german code: This one find... (by Hohenheim)
Help I'm really confused here?

So basically part of a program asks me to do this: "A function called by main that accepts two arguments: The name of the file stream object as a reference p...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, it does want a couple returns and I'm using an outstream too. It... (by imastruggler)
by Jonh
ascii code

hi! I have a text and I want to convert it to ascii code in c++. The program checks the allowed characters but does not convert the spaces. What can i do?
[2 replies] Last: char x; if((x>='A' && x<='Z')||(x==' .')||(x==' ,')||(x==' ')) ... (by Jonh)
Outputting incorrect values

My program has an error in it but i'm not able to pinpoint where it is and what is causing it. I know I am not getting the correct values when it is outputted a...
[3 replies] Last: Well, it's correct to a sensible tolerance when the limits are 0 and 2... (by lastchance)
Need help in skipping a line of text from a file when using a loop

Thanks for the help!
[3 replies] Last: Again, OP deletes original post after getting help thereby ensuring no... (by gunnerfunner)
by haoz
Catching both SIGTERM and SIGINT and exiting properly

I am learning to use sigaction to catch signals, and I have a few confusions to free up. I read that the suggested way of setting up a program to catch SIGINT...
[2 replies] Last: I have seen those pages, although maybe I don't understand all of thei... (by haoz)
by mys 97
got finite output (do... while)

hello. i am trying to make a program to prove Lothar Collatz formula. the program should produce output until the num = 1, but my code seems work pretty wierd...
[4 replies] Last: owh... hahahah.. how can i miss look that things. its proved. thanks... (by mys 97)
Can I improve this code?

OK, so, I don't have much experience in C++, this is some practice code i typed up and i would like to know if there is anything that could be improved? #in...
[5 replies] Last: Is there a limit in how much a code can be improved? :-) https://e... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by xxvms
if else...

Hi there Just want to check, I was playing with code (please see below), and one thing I was not sure about why if I had just if rather then else if when c...
[3 replies] Last: if you replace else if with just if then it prints correct part of th... (by Enoizat)
Problem printing vector

Help fixing the code to print vector #include "std_lib_facilities.h" vector <int>p; bool prime(int number) { for (int i = 2; i < sqrt(number); i++) ...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, CoderGirlV. Why don't you follow the given requirements step by st... (by Enoizat)
April 2017 Pages: 1... 2627282930... 34
  Archived months: [mar2017] [may2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.