C++ SDL Freeze / Quit

I had my game working (a simple pong game) and then decided to try and implement a menu using the following tutorial http://youtu.be/k-m0q_uVnno

I did not use the tutorial to create the game that was in prior tutorials that he created.

When i run the program, the menu appears to freeze and not do anything (but not go to not responding). I think the problem lies somewhere between lines 39-107. However, if i change line 208, so that isRunning = false, or if i remove the if statement at line 239-242, so that just the isRunning = false remains there, then the menu runs, but when the mouse hovers over either of the two menu items 'Start Game' or 'Exit', then the program will exit out immediately, with code::blocks reporting "Process terminated with status 0". If i also comment out lines 50 - 76, then the program no longer quits out when the mouse hovers over a menu item, but quits out when a menu item is clicked.

I am very new to c++ and i'm hoping to get better. Any replies greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading :)

UPDATE: Solved.
Last edited on
What do you mean by freeze? What is supposed to happen that doesn't happen?

It looks like you have forgot to put a break; after case SDL_MOUSEMOTION.

You call a lot of OpenGL functions but it doesn't look like you are using a OpenGL window. I guess the OpenGL function calls will not have any impact on the screen so that might be what makes it look like it "freezes" after the menu has ended.
Last edited on
That fixed it, thank you very much!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.