What is a node?

closed account (367kGNh0)
In the cocos2d-x framework, what is a node?
Cocos2d-x has its own forum. Might get a response there.
https://discuss.cocos2d-x.org/

edit: There's a user called "Rascake" over there and he seems to be quite active. So if that's you.. why did you post over here? This is a general programming forum. You seem to get replies over there (quickly too) so why are you posting here *confused face*?
Last edited on
Normally I prefer to assume incompetence, but almost none of Rascake's posts make sense, and he has posted literal commercial spam links in a previous thread. Almost as if he was "ironically" doing it.
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/247044/
http://archive.vn/tP5UI

You can see in the above link and archive link that he is advertising a particular site that normally charges money, and this site also offers courses for cocos2d-x. I hate that I even have to write this because I feel like I'm helping him advertise.

The way he constantly makes inane posts that keep referring to cocos2d-x suggests he is just spamming that as well to promote it for his own gain (I'm not sure why).

A ton of his posts ask the same question and they are end with "please PM me" without providing details. Rascake, we aren't your personal servants. This is a public forum. Stop spamming about coco2d. This is no longer just incompetence or a one-off thing. We should stop replying to you.

/rant
What the fish? I'm just a thirteen year old wannabe game programmer. That coupon link was something some guy on the cocos2dx framework gave to me, and I wanted other beginners to benefit from it too, it isn't commercial advertising, ITS BEIMG FRIENDLY. Yes the rascake on discuss.cocos2d-X IS me, that community is has had alot of questions from me, so much so that I have had to refrain from using it so much, so I ask some cocos2dx questions here aswell. My 'literal no sense posts' may be because English isn't my first language.

/sorry for the confusion
Last edited on
Okay then. Please note that we also get spam from udemy or other similar sites on a regular basis, so please excuse my assumption that that was commercial spam.
Personally, I would consider a free course coupon to be spam just as much as a "free trial" of netflix link (but I guess I'm not the one to make that judgement).

Hope there's no bad feelings then, sorry for the insult.
Last edited on
It's OK. None taken.
Have you gotten responses for cocos2dx over here? I say the people at cocos2dx wouldn't mind you posting constantly, if anything it's just adding more discussion, which is a good thing.

And if you are really concerned about filling up their forums page then how about you make a megathread for your questions and have all questions contained inside this thread? Heck maybe you can update new questions there. This is a suitable thing to do for "what is"/"why is"/"how is" type threads.

I have posted a lot of stupid questions and have asked really dumb or non-relevant questions, but you see people here have still been welcoming, so I haven't had the need to use another forum, and I'm sure cocos2dx wouldn't mind either.

So continue posting at their page itself.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.