It doesnt compile

I have got a progra and I'm trying to run it, but It keeps giving me an error, I think it's related with makefile, but I dont know how to fix it...does anyone know the solution...below is the error..

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c "mingw32-make.exe -j 2 -e -f Makefile"
"----------Building project:[ Test1 - Debug ]----------"
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/Users/DANI/Desktop/LondonWorkspace/QuineMcCluskey/Test1'
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target `../../../Profile', needed by `Debug/src_BoolFunct.o'. Stop.
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mingw32-make.exe: *** [All] Error 2
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/DANI/Desktop/LondonWorkspace/QuineMcCluskey/Test1'
Makefile:4: recipe for target `All' failed
0 errors, 0 warnings

Thanks
What do you have in the Makefile?
I dont know how to answer that question, do you mean what do I have in the above route??
I dont know anything about makefile....I guess It contains the information to built the proyect from a proyect file...but I'm not sure...
What IDE are you using?
Makefile is ascii text, just like source code files are too. Find and open.
I'm using codelite 5.3....keskiverto should it be in the same folder where I have my .hpp and .cpp??
what should the extension be in a makefile?? It could be .mk??
It could also have no extension. Which I think is what your situation is.

The file is just listed as
Makefile
and once it is found ....what do i have to do??
How are you compiling your code. Can you mention the command that you are using ?
No rule to make target generally means simply that you have a compiler version that does not match the original compiler used in the project. You only need to go to the project properties and change the compiler to use the one you installed.

Regards
and once it is found ....what do i have to do??

Reply to what keskiverto said earlier...
keskiverto wrote:
What do you have in the Makefile?

I would also like to know, because it is possible that codelite 5.3 botched the Makefile for your project or that there is some project settings that would fix it.

akash16 wrote:
How are you compiling your code. Can you mention the command that you are using ?

He is using
codelite 5.3
which calls
Last edited on
so I guess I have two options, first could be, copy and paste every file and compile it again like it was a new proyect, or second fix the makefile....what kind of "repair" should I do??, should I change the path??
Tom Knight in http://www.catb.org/esr/jargon/html/koans.html#id3141171

Nobody has the understanding as long as you don't show what you actually have.

@akash16: The error is from make (See GNU Make manual). Compilers don't create rules for make.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.