Windows Programming - September 2010 (Page 3)

alphabetical order-phillies

ok i made this file called "pphillies.dat"players are listed in hitting order(no pitchers included) first i am trying to make the order in alphabetical order th...
[1 reply] : Does the code compile? I can't see where hlist or n are declared. (by kbw)
by upad
code using structs and external files

Hi, I've been working on this problem for a while and am unable to get to the right solution. Can someone help me create a Book Catalog that would contain a ...
[3 replies] Last: You need to start by reading in your library from file into your array... (by kbw)
by upad
solving error in code

Hi, I'm a beginner in c++ programming and am unable to figure out what the following error message means and how to solve it. I'm posting both the code as well...
[3 replies] Last: You put an & symbol in the prototype and left it out in the definition... (by LB)
wxDev-C++ error

Hello everyone, this is my first post on these foruns. Maybe this is not the right place to ask for help for this context but my C++ won't compile (among other...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah I already reported the bug. So there's no way around this? I g... (by MiguelP)
Can't find the "error"

Hello, I've just started with C++ and I'm creating a program where I can start and stop music on my PC with my mobile phone. Everything works fine in the progr...
[1 reply] : Used a 3rd party Audio library now... (by haggard433)
by merrt
c++ cant fix the error

my friend created a program for our project and he sent me the codes. and i dont have any idea in how to fix the errors please help. heres the program: ...
[3 replies] Last: well i tried removing the lines where the error was and the program ra... (by merrt)
Hash maps.

Hello all. I'm quite new to C++'s implementation of hash maps. I've messed around with them in Java, which seems really simple compared to this, but I want to...
[6 replies] Last: Alright cool, so I've made some advancement on this little project. T... (by incutonez)
by tukki
[TurboC XP-SP2] Terminate but stay Resident(TSR)

Hello Forum. I was trying to find a way to make a file delete itself. Then i came across TSR, which seems like a probable way of doing it. But then TSR requir...
[8 replies] Last: Did you visit the link I've posted? (by Null)
Why do some api calls use unconventional syntax?

For example, WSAStartup, WSACleanup, MessageBox, etc shouldn't the convention for function identifiers be lowercase for first word followed by uppercase for ev...
[4 replies] Last: This is what they are using is not syntax at all. So called convention... (by EverBeginner)
by daveD
Can't find vector

My program compiles perfectly with VC6, but when i try and compile the same program with MS Embedded C++ 3 I get this error. I usually compile in both with n...
[5 replies] Last: My may find that STLport or Rogue Wave's STL might work on your platf... (by kbw)
Macro Miscalculation

So I'm working on a library and I'm writing a lot of cryptographic classes, such as SHA1. I'm using this code for bit rotation: #ifndef XSPEEDOPT // Makes...
[11 replies] Last: Nothing wrong. (by warrant)
mscomm32.ocx

when i include this library in visual studio 2008, i get weird errors as shown below what can be the problem? 1>------ Build started: Project: test, Conf...
[1 reply] : These errors look like the sdk files you are trying to include in your... (by kooth)
MJPEG Streaming

Hi I am looking to add MJPEG streaming capabilities to a project, however I've run into a problem & can't seem to get MJPEG streaming code below to work prope...
[4 replies] Last: WireShark sure I'll give it a try. Anyhow tried just sending header... (by ziggyspaceman)
Is it possible to write dialog boxes 'on the fly'

Can I create a dialog box without a resource file? I am using VC++ Express so I can't edit resource files.
[7 replies] Last: filipe is pretty much right about Dev-C++. It worked OK if you manage... (by freddie1)
how to start GUI?plz?

hi every one i am new programmer i use c plus plus console app programming and i didnt start windows programming yet and i dont know how to start i want to kn...
[2 replies] Last: thank you man iam downloading (by tecprince)
write binary file

I use c-style command to write a binary file before. And now I would like to transfer to c++ style. C-Style: float f; f1 = fopen(fn.c_str(),"wb"); fwrit...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/iostream/fstream/ http://www.cplus... (by Null)
Charaters and MSComm output

Hallo I have a Celestron telescope that I control using a combination of SkyX and custom control software (Spica), but have some issues with using the Sky to...
[no replies]
by fabio
Shell question - writing PIDL's to file?

This is an example of how we can create a shortcut file: // CreateLink - uses the Shell's IShellLink and IPersistFile interfaces // to crea...
[1 reply] : Is it a file that complies with some predefeined format or just one yo... (by kbw)
by sara k
sos/ visual C++

I wanna use a variable identified in NameDlg.h in another class and i dont know what i should do. I made a pointer pointing to " this "(!) in Dlg.cpp file but ...
[2 replies] Last: this is the class that i wanna use the variable in it : #pragma o... (by sara k)
by Smajda
Debugging in Dev-C++

Hi, I have problem with debugging my program in C++. I used to use rand() to generate pseudo-random numbers. The program didn't behave the same way when run "n...
[1 reply] : Undefined behavior can do a lot of things. Especially invalid memory w... (by Athar)
September 2010 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [aug2010] [oct2010]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.