Windows Programming - September 2010 (Page 2)

by riun23
Button Detection

How do I check if a button has been depressed? and if so, then how can i make a label say "Button has been clicked"? Here's what I've got, but Visual C++ giv...
[no replies]
by WDWK
Asynchronous STDIN - windows libraries

Hi! I'd like to write a program, which makes an infinite loop doing { perform_operations(); sleep(for_minute);}. The program should always monitor the stardard...
[1 reply] : I'm not sure how you intend to interrupt the task you intend to run on... (by kbw)
by c0y454
Writing to an active log window

Hey everyone, I am trying to make a program (that executes mostly in backround) to write strings to a "Log Window" to show the user what its doing. The progr...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks a lot, freddie1! This really helped me a great deal. Everyth... (by c0y454)
how to grab text from browser?

hi, i need to write an app that can grab data from browser windows real time. how do i identify each browser window (there's only one process)? what APIs ...
[1 reply] : See EnumWindows. (by Athar)
list control

does anyone know why I cant insert item for my list control when I have set it as report view? LVITEM lvi; strSelected="office"; lvi.mask = LVIF_TEXT; ...
[no replies]
by Deluge
How to Call a WINAPI Function

Please go easy on me, I have no idea how to code in WINAPI. I want to create a simple command line app that creates a shortcut to a file. I have to call the W...
[6 replies] Last: I remember reading on msdn's website that the CreateHardLink function ... (by Deluge)
Directory list into Array

Hello, I am trying to get all files in the current directory. After that is should be stored into an array. This is what I have now: #include <dirent.h...
[5 replies] Last: Or after you feel your own-crafted for loop is not efficient and maybe... (by sohguanh)
Painting bitmaps in multiple classes

Hello forum, Once again I'm facing a problem that is very annoying. I have multiple classes. For example I have made a class for the custom border I've ma...
[4 replies] Last: That worked. Thanks, Simon H.A. (by Shatronics)
An 'copyable' messagebox

Hello, again lol.. Well this time I want a way to display a messagebox, but allow the user to copy something from it. It doesn't have to be a messagebox, can...
[4 replies] Last: string num_as_hex(int number) { stringstream ss; ss <<hex<< ... (by Null)
by Howie
fast multiple texts above graphical screen

Hi, to show some (Unicode) texts in a graphical program (both: OpenGL / DirectX) i need to show several texts (also with a background color) above the graphi...
[no replies]
Assertion error

I have another dialog called Login Dialog. Basically it has two text boxes. One is Username_Box and another is Password_Box. this is basically just to login t...
[19 replies] Last: you are a genius....just doing BOOL LoginDialog::OnInitDialog() {... (by carlsum1986)
Creating a New Window From Main WndProc

Hello, I am making a program for a contest and I need some help. What I want is to be able to click on a drop down like this one: http://img685.imageshack.us...
[6 replies] Last: Alright I got it working, thank you so much dude :D (by OHGxLeetGamerxOHG)
Window without border problems (Moved from General C++)

Hi forum, I need a window without a border to make a custom border. But when I maximizes a window without a border, it will fill the whole screen. I want it...
[2 replies] Last: You are the best! Thank you very much. It solved my problem. Regar... (by Shatronics)
How to get contents of active window

Hello. I would like to be able to get information about the active (focused) window and extract its contents. Any suggestions? Thank you
[2 replies] Last: And GetForegroundWindow. (by Athar)
Unfamiliar typedef

I'm working with a program that contains the following statements: #ifdef __cplusplus typedef int (*FUNCPTR)(...); #else typedef int (*FUNCPTR)(void...
[3 replies] Last: it means FUNCPTR is a function pointer which points to a function like... (by Async)
MFC backward compatibility

Hi all, I had done a MFC project using visual studio 2010 beta. Now I have the Visual studio 6.0.. Will I be able to work on it ? Will my project be recogniz...
[1 reply] : No. Although MFC is quite old, it has been updated with each new rele... (by kbw)
how to read data from .xls files? (1,2)

I just simply want to read one column data from a .xls file. how to know the format,and get the destinate column? any advice is appreciated
[29 replies] Last: freddie1 posted that code earlier in the thread. (by kbw)
How to discover application which using clipboard

Hello, I have a problem how to get information when an application using the clipboard. For example, Firefox has copied something to clipboard. , Word, anythin...
[1 reply] : So you're trying to detect which application sent something to the cli... (by Albatross)
by geko
Need assistance re-writing program

Im having trouble with my program I wrote it using tree nodes but found out that im only sapose to use if else and while loop dont remember how to use the old s...
[1 reply] : That's a pretty cool implementation. I find it incredible that that s... (by kbw)
get window title before they are created

how can i get the title of ef each window that are created? i have used cbt hook for hcbt_createwnd and hcbt_activate but not working properly. any idea on w...
[2 replies] Last: What development environment are you using - Sdk, Mfc, wxWidgets? (by freddie1)
September 2010 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [aug2010] [oct2010]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.